In this Discussion

PHOTOGRAPHY (*click*)

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Yay, photography! Jade has already posted some of her wonderful work in the Random Stuff thread, but I think we need a specific thread to share our photos or someone else's, if we so like.

I'm still more of a novice, but I've always loved snapping photos. I mostly shoot at shows/concerts, cuz I love shooting people and live shows are fun. There's so much beauty in nature, but I haven't really gotten around to doing any nature shoots...One day I will get a digital camera so I can share my photos more easily, but I still have to learn how to really use my SLR....

I don't have any individual photos picked out, but here's an old LINK that belongs to someone else, kind enough to have uploaded and modified (crop & text) some of my concert pics from a couple years or so ago. (Yes, some of you may have seen some of these already and note that a few interesting supporting bands may be pictured, such as Morningwood and The Sun.) Pretty much all the concert pics were taken by me with a regular 35mm automatic and before I learned any basic photography...

Remember:
Take a picture--it'll last longer!
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Comments

• losta losta stuff there, little blue one.

i think this thread is a great idea.
  • I agree as well, I love looking at everyone's photos.

Maybe because I love photos. Who knows?
  • ive been doing photography "properly" for 2-3 years with my SLR

i do mainly black and white...and i study it at col when im not off ill like atm....heres some very old pics of mine:

im rather fucking good at photography....this pic may or may not show that fact..
  • very cool andy.. i love that picture
  • why thank you Deedo
  • ok, you've talked me in to it. some of these are kinda lame but i like em anyway.

this is taken outside my old house during a pretty heavy thunderstorm..i just like the specks of light and whatnot

• this one..um..that's me, i'm in there like 5 times. i took that during one of the hurricanes last year. i love time lapse junk.

• i don't know why i put this one in here, it's just really green...this is out the back door of my old house.

• from the same place as the one above it during an over cast day. i like it cause everything is black and white other then the green on the tree. by the way, i never use photoshop other then to resize.

• out the front door at night....did i mention i like time lapse stuff?
    someone told me it looks like the house is on fire. i just think it's neat

• but dave..this picture is just black..why ever would you post this?

...CAUSE I FELT LIKE IT DAMN IT! no..wait...because it's a series.

i took this in pittsburgh one night on the way back from my friends little brother's baseball game in the park. it was obvisouly night time and it was a neat picture so i took it but it came out.....well...horrible and you could see nothing.

• this is taken from the exact same place about 30 seconds after the one above this. this is probably my favorite that i've ever taken..dunno why. i like the colors a lot.

• this is my friend kristen, she's sleeping, it looks kinda dreamy. it seemed revelent.

Kind of plain, but my friend took this picture of my shoes and I really like it.
  • i put this in here pretty much just for rose to see, this is the best banner ever in life...and yummy too.

• there is a place called strawberry fields in central park right across the street from where lennon was shot. there are always people there just hanging out and talking..neat place. this was on the ground there.

and that's that. just a little look in to some of my favorites. my sister really liked the last one adn blew it up to 8 by 10 and has it hanging up in her house. i like that about her wink.gif
  • pandy, i take it you develop your own black and white photos?
    and juniormint, i like that photo of your shoes.

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
    ok, dave, i'm impressed. smile.gif
    what kind of camera do you use?
  • juniormint.. i'd like to take this time to say.. chucks are awesome!!!!

and dave i love you're pictures! my favourites are probably the first one, the one with the tree and the pittsburgh one that actually turned out biggrin.gif... good job *thumbs up*
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 20 2005, 07:06 PM)

blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif
    ok, dave, i'm impressed. smile.gif
    what kind of camera do you use?

tis a cannon rebel, matey!