In this Discussion

PHOTOGRAPHY (*click*)

Comments

• Bungee jumping! Oye vey and omg, that's amazing. What was that like? Smeja has pretty eyes.
  • bungee jumping is quite on the awesome side... well, it was fun enough for me to do it twice...

i do have eyes... i blame the pretiness on my contacts... not that the're coloured or anything... but i have to blame something...

smile.gif
  • Looks like fun! haha Smeja you seem so carefree in those pictures.
  • Incredible pictures Smeja!
    What's a thermal area?
  • oooh... I'd love to go bungee jumping, but I am far too scared, I won't even go on a rollercoaster... :S

My share:

this one's from a free afternoon at artcamp... I got invited to do this by a professor and I went there the second time this year. It's on an isle in the south of Germany and everything is payed for, haha...

This is me, or rather my feet, after I finished painting and taking a break. I tend to take photos of shoes or feet, I don't know why...

another feet- photo, this time from summer and...not my feet. (unforunately not my iPod either sad.gif )

This is a gift for my friend me and friends made. It's basically her name represented as what it stands for (her surname is a translated form of sheep...) It's in a small park next to a small river and it's beautiful.

My suitcase, I LOVE my suitcase. There's even more on it now....

• haha feet pictures! Those are interesting, aren't they? Looks like a fun art camp. mmhememehe art camp...
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jan 6 2008, 11:24 AM)
    Incredible pictures Smeja!
    What's a thermal area?

they're actually called geothermal areas or geothermal hotspots... which to me translates to earth and heat... i don't really know that much about them... i discovered there was lots of boiling puddles of mud that were heated by the earth... and it smells really bad... laugh.gif

wikipedia puts it better.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_%28geology%29
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Jan 5 2008, 09:07 PM)
    they're actually called geothermal areas or geothermal hotspots... which to me translates to earth and heat... i don't really know that much about them... i discovered there was lots of boiling puddles of mud that were heated by the earth... and it smells really bad... laugh.gif

wikipedia puts it better.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_%28geology%29

This was my favorite of the theories offered in that wiki article as to how a geothermal is formed:

"Much of the heat is believed to be created by decay of naturally radioactive elements. An estimated 45 to 90 percent of the heat escaping from the Earth originates from radioactive decay of elements within the mantle."

Does that make you radioactive for having touched the geothermal, smeja? laugh.gif
  • ha... i'm radioactive... i suppose most people wouldn't find that a good thing, as such... but i suppose i'm not normal.. smile.gif tongue.gif

smile.gif
  • Pictures from my trip to Tasmania-

The ONE picture, taken by the lomo, that turned out decent sad.gif

Cradle Mountain w/ Boat shed:

Cradle Mountain foresty thing:

Moss on tree in foresty thing:

Self explanatory:
  • Kitties in the snow

• I've finally been trying to choose pictures to print off from when I lived in Italy this summer and these are a few favorites. I'm no photog, but I think it would be pretty hard to take a bad picture in some of these places...

Isola di Capri

Sunset off the coast of Capri

Venice at night

Some street in Rome
  • huh smeja is a boy, were back up to 3 now
  • whoot! I found my CD with all my photos again!
    So, here's the duck

this next one is almost 3 years old now, I was in London and it was so warm and then I see that Santa...

this was taken ages ago when I was driving with a friend and it started raining...

oh, and I just remembered that I have this lomo cameras full of photos from the festival I've been to this year... I think it's not working though.
  • From yesterday's trip to the zooooooo
    Just a couple. There were 123 in total.

• eee! wifey! those are beautiful! i LOVE flamingos!! when I was in Vegas this past summer, I stayed at The Flamingo, the first hotel on the NEW strip.. it's changed a bit since then, but here are some pics from my favorite city EVER!

The flamingos @ the Flamingo smile.gif

Little walk-way leading to the story of Bugsy Siegal and how he came up with the name for the hotel:

View of Paris hotel from the Bellagio (the pool is where the famous water light show takes place):

Under the "Eiffel Tower"

My personal FAVORITE hotel, the Venetian, mostly because of its Italian/Venice influence:

my absolute fav pic

second fav

idk why
    they just mean something to me biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jan 29 2008, 03:26 AM)
    Pictures from my trip to Tasmania-
    Self explanatory:

laugh.gif laugh.gif Now that's hilarious!

QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Feb 11 2008, 06:17 PM)

my absolute fav pic

second fav

idk why
    they just mean something to me biggrin.gif

Woah those are so beautiful! Did you take those? If you did, you are an amazing photographer.

Here are some I took (and photoshopped) yesterday:

• wow wee wow, where were those taken, tapegrl?