In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Jul 15 2008, 06:04 PM)
    Seeing Chris and Martin Kratt's live show. Did anyone watch their shows as a kid? And my sister by a Youth L t-shirt (the largest size available smile.gif)with their goofy, smiling faces on it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I remember that! Zaboomafoo the monkey lemur thing! I used to love that show!
  • Kratts' Creatures sooo kicked Zoboomafoo's ass. Sellouts.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 15 2008, 09:34 PM)
    Kratts' Creatures sooo kicked Zoboomafoo's ass. Sellouts.

I liked Kratt's Creatures better too when I got older. When I was little I saw this rerun of Kratt's Creatures where, to show how hippos act to intruders, they put their dummy thing on a hippo. and the hippo like ate it. And then one of the Kratts like picked it up when it got back to the shore of the river and he was like Darn it! I didn't get why he wasn't more upset.
    I was about 3 so I was really really really really freaked out. I was soooooooooo scared by that. It was only when I was about 9 and my little brother was watching a Kratt's Creatures DVD that I figured out it was a dummy. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 15 2008, 10:34 PM)
    Kratts' Creatures sooo kicked Zoboomafoo's ass. Sellouts.

YOU TOTALLY GET IT! I'm glad you guys are getting it. I've told some other people and they're like, "I've never heard of them." Total buzz kill. And Zoboomafoo is totes lame.

QUOTE (guitarpickheart @ Jul 15 2008, 10:39 PM)
    I liked Kratt's Creatures better too when I got older. When I was little I saw this rerun of Kratt's Creatures where, to show how hippos act to intruders, they put their dummy thing on a hippo. and the hippo like ate it. And then one of the Kratts like picked it up when it got back to the shore of the river and he was like Darn it! I didn't get why he wasn't more upset.
    I was about 3 so I was really really really really freaked out. I was soooooooooo scared by that. It was only when I was about 9 and my little brother was watching a Kratt's Creatures DVD that I figured out it was a dummy. rolleyes.gif

Haha, I love it! Why wasn't he more upset? My favorite episode was when they were talking about how animals look nice to attract mates and Chris dressed up in a white suit like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever and was walking down the street (in Toronto I think... some big city) and people driving by were honking at him and such. It was quite a scene for a kid's show to make. They showed a lot of great clips during the live show. But I digress...
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 15 2008, 04:31 PM)
    Having a Batman party with a bunch of friends, and wearing Batman masks. laugh.gif We tried to watch all the Batman movies, but we didn't have Batman Forever, so we watched all the other ones, plus a 60s version which was the tv series movie. Our mom was going to buy the first Batman movie but she accidently got that one. It didn't matter though, it was awesome! It was SO cheezy and crappy that we had loads of fun just laughing at it! There was a shark in it that was the fakest thing I've ever seen!!

When my roomate and I were very very bored on the Reservation, we found that the previous tenant had left the entire Batman movie series, and we watched it all in one night. Then our heads 'sploded.

I heart 60's Batman. It's utterly kooky. laugh.gif It never ceases to amuse me and make me laugh.
  • - the chopped liver and onions at the one good Jewish deli in Phoenix
    - the kreplech at the one good Jewish deli in Phoenix
    - the hot pastrami and corn beef sandwich at the one good Jewish deli in Phoenix
    - the prune danish cake at the Jewish bakery next door to the one good Jewish deli in Phoenix
    - sounding like an old Jewish man.

Oye vey, Silvia. Where's the alka selter?
  • I love how every brotherly argument in Supernatural ends up in major brotherly love. keauhfdvuighkjrfsudivhjkfsdu They're so cute smile.gif
  • Yay!!!!! I got my Mac!!!! And my new iPod!! Glyphonyx Kulashi (Kulashi for short) and Timothy (Tiny Tim)!!!! tongue.gif
  • I just found out I earned a 5 (highest score) on my AP American History exam!! Aahh I am seriously in shock right now!
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ Jul 16 2008, 01:42 PM)
    I just found out I earned a 5 (highest score) on my AP American History exam!! Aahh I am seriously in shock right now!

Wow! That's awesome!!!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 15 2008, 11:20 PM)
    I heart 60's Batman. It's utterly kooky. laugh.gif It never ceases to amuse me and make me laugh.

Same bat-time, same bat-place?
    that's the one, right? my parents quote that a lot cause they grew up watching it haha.

and OHMAN I missed this discussion already, but I totally loved the Kratt brothers too! And Kratt's creatures was way better than Zoboomafoo! ohman!

hkfjsdhrsdfgjhbfsdjxhbredfhsuxkhbfdsx still no AP test scores for me =( but congrats!

what makes me happy is Apples to Apples... like, a lot... like, severely a lot.

edit: OH! and I got my rooming assignment! for COLLEGE! (I'm in Tyler House, for Katy smile.gif )
    and I have a ROOMMATE! idk, it feels like I'm really going to college now.
    I'm excited =D
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ Jul 16 2008, 06:42 PM)
    I just found out I earned a 5 (highest score) on my AP American History exam!! Aahh I am seriously in shock right now!

Wow, congratulations! That's fantastic!

And ahhh Milky that's so exciting! I have to wait until after I get my results (August 14th - eeek!) so that I can confirm my place and start sorting out accommodation. So nervous.

My happiness is messaging Air Traffic's myspace and getting a reply from the hot bassist telling me to come to a show to see them and signing the message with a kiss! AHHH smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 16 2008, 01:44 PM)
    Wow! That's awesome!!!

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 17 2008, 12:30 AM)
    hkfjsdhrsdfgjhbfsdjxhbredfhsuxkhbfdsx still no AP test scores for me =( but congrats!

QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 17 2008, 01:27 PM)
    Wow, congratulations! That's fantastic!

Thanks smile.gif I was honestly quite shocked since I BS-ed the last essay in my opinion.
  • I'm so behind on this too, but Kratts' Creatures was amazing! My friend and I were so obsessed with it. I remember this one time when we were in second grade, two animal experts were coming in to talk to our class and we freaked out because for some reason we thought it was going to be the Kratt brothers and we started fighting about which one were going to marry. Obviously, we were crushed when it wasn't them.

My happy list:
    -Stewart Copeland's drumming
    -Elvis Costello
    -Squeeze
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jul 17 2008, 09:53 PM)
    I'm so behind on this too, but Kratts' Creatures was amazing! My friend and I were so obsessed with it. I remember this one time when we were in second grade, two animal experts were coming in to talk to our class and we freaked out because for some reason we thought it was going to be the Kratt brothers and we started fighting about which one were going to marry. Obviously, we were crushed when it wasn't them.

Haha, that is hilarious! I never realized they were goodlooking when I was a kid but now I'm like, "Oh hey!" It's pretty much impossible for me to decide which one I like more though.

And Elvis Costello rocks big time. He makes me happy when he sings with The Wallflowers
  • congrats, Tempe! can't wait to hear all about it!

My happiness: working on something for over a week, and feeling completely lost and not knowing anybody who knows about this stuff to ask help from, and then suddenly figuring it all out.
  • - im back!

- quizmania is back!!!

- life is back to how it should be again
  • Having the best Wednesday ever?
    -Talking to the boy I like for over an hour about EVERYTHING we have in common
    -Not one, but TWO hugs when he's leaving... good, long, tight hugs
    -Telling me he'll call and stop by my house the next day
    -Me spoiling the reason why (that's not happy) only to find out he was going to get me a cd/dvd of the John mayer show we saw together for my birthday next week
    -then him telling me he's going to find something else
    -Repeatedly telling me how much he likes my new haircut.
    -um, him just being him.