In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• all the good people in my life. im very greatful for anyone that has put up with me these last few days. gotta stay distracted! wooooo! distraction!

^^ elbo.ws putting my post on their (scrolling) front page, on NYE, no less, when every other blogger was posting top 10 lists or dance mixes and I was reflecting on all the boys I've kissed (and then some) in the past year.

biggrin.gif
  • some other things that make me happy are:

when the people around you are happy
    (why this thread is great)

and dreams. they are so random
    i once had a dream that i was flying around in an armchair trying to shoot someone w/ flaming squirrel poop
    (you can't make that stuff up)
  • Late night sledventure with friends; knowing that sledding is just as exciting now as it was when I was 7; falling over laughing and being so glad that my friends are my friends
    2 AM walks home in the snow
    Low-key New Year's with ginger ale, South Park, too many cookies, and cuddles
    Watching the history of musical theater on PBS. Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis and Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes? Fantastic way to spend an evening.
    Fruit platters
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 1 2009, 09:47 PM)
    ^^ elbo.ws putting my post on their (scrolling) front page, on NYE, no less, when every other blogger was posting top 10 lists or dance mixes and I was reflecting on all the boys I've kissed (and then some) in the past year.

biggrin.gif

Yay, Congrats, Katy!
  • Dot Dot Dot

Fucking A-mazing show! I can't wait to see them again in March!!
  • I want to tell you guys about this, and this thread seemed OK, since this film makes me happy:

There's a documentary film about a font!

I saw this film a year or so ago at a AIGA event hosted by UC-DAAP graduate Michael Beirut, who said, "For graphic designers, this is like the feel-good movie of the year." He was so right - I'm not a graphic designer (at least not professionally), but I really loved this film, and I highly recommend it if you're interested in design, typefaces, or 20th-century visual culture.

Excerpt: "We live in a media-saturated environment that exposes us to a daily stream of visual information, and the typography that shapes these visual messages can determine how we respond. HELVETICA, ostensibly a film about a typeface, delves into the world of graphic arts and takes a deeper look into style changes and the controversies over the role of graphic designer since World War II. Filmmaker Gary Hustwit explores urban spaces and the typefaces that inhabit them, speaking with renowned historians and designers about the choices and aesthetics behind the use of certain fonts."

Read more at: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/helvetica/film.html

The film is airing in the next couple weeks on PBS stations nationwide. You can check your local listings from the web site above.

I wish I could tell Damian about this. I know he would enjoy it.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 4 2009, 02:30 AM)
    Dot Dot Dot

Fucking A-mazing show! I can't wait to see them again in March!!

^ that makes me happy... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 5 2009, 03:14 PM)
    ^ that makes me happy... biggrin.gif

Adam offered me the gum in his mouth because I said it smelled good and he didn't have any more on him. And yes, he looked like a leprechaun jumping all over the place. Best night of '09 thus far.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 5 2009, 07:09 PM)
    Adam offered me the gum in his mouth because I said it smelled good and he didn't have any more on him.

hahaha... wish i coulda made it...
  • germany?

yes..
  • When's your flight, Pandy???
  • tomos, around 10ish
  • -Met my hero
    -Snubbed some losers
    -Had a happy new years
    -Have an awesome pen pal, you may know her
  • I still have the rest of this week for my break from school, and my sister had to go back this week tongue.gif
  • I had a really, REALLY great dream about Damian last night.

And that's as far as I go in discussing it.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 5 2009, 08:02 PM)
    hahaha... wish i coulda made it...

Make sure you make it to the next Austin's show!!

Lookie:

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 7 2009, 10:05 PM)
    I had a really, REALLY great dream about Damian last night.

And that's as far as I go in discussing it.

Sounds like something blush-worthy.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 30 2008, 07:54 PM)
    -Craisins. Seriously.
    -coordinating a vegan kitchen on Fridays. Cutting up tons of potatoes is SO cathartic, believe you me.
    -Tank Girl. It took me a while to discover, but I finally caught on. And now that I've begun reading it (early comics, when they were still illustrated by Hewlett, who is one of the co-founders of Gorillaz. Often subversive and sometimes plot-less, but fantastic) it seems like EVERYONE knew about Tank Girl before me. Is this true?
    I'm totally going as her for next Halloween. I already have a friend going as Jet. We just need a Sub Girl and we're SET.

theyre totally showing the tank girl movie this weekend on tv. i probably wont watch it. the art doesnt really appeal to me. craisins however. those are top notch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Girl_(film)

apparenly it has ice t
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 8 2009, 07:45 AM)
    theyre totally showing the tank girl movie this weekend on tv. i probably wont watch it. the art doesnt really appeal to me. craisins however. those are top notch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Girl_(film)

apparenly it has ice t

Yeaaaah. I saw it and it's alright in its own way, but it is completely different than the comic. Maybe the main problem was that they actually tried to give it a plot, which is completely counter to the way the comics were written. Some would argue that a plotless movie might not have much potential, but to remain true to Tank Girl, it would need to remain disjointed and ridiculous (nor, technically, would it be a big-budget movie with the intention of making money. As Tank Girl is a punk poster girl of sorts, such a movie would need to be produced by the underground to have any semblance of legitimacy. [God, I sound like a snob]).

This isn't to say I didn't like the movie; it actually wasn't half-bad. (Except for how they did Booga, WHAT THE HELL?) They kind of just rounded off the edges to make it appealing. The creators also apparently didn't consult either Jamie Hewlett or Alan Martin (the creators of Tank Girl) in making the movie much at all (this is, of course, according to Martin, who could be just trying to cover his ass now).

Might I add: craisins are AWESOME. It is, by far, the superior dry fruit.
    Also: How are you doing? If you are still in need of distraction, I am more than willing to help.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 8 2009, 11:50 AM)
    Also: How are you doing? If you are still in need of distraction, I am more than willing to help.

at the airport waiting for her. im not sure if its stupid or if itll be as heroic and shit as i hope it will be. ive been getting mixed reactions. half an hour till she gets here.