In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 8 2009, 02:06 PM)
    at the airport waiting for her. im not sure if its stupid or if itll be as heroic and shit as i hope it will be. ive been getting mixed reactions. half an hour till she gets here.

::hugs;: I hope so, Joe. Good Luck!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 8 2009, 08:06 PM)
    at the airport waiting for her. im not sure if its stupid or if itll be as heroic and shit as i hope it will be. ive been getting mixed reactions. half an hour till she gets here.

Well, it's certainly worth it if it does turn out to be heroic (which, obviously, I hope it does).

Good luck.
  • sadly im here to report i went out like the king of fools. more hurt then before. and thus ruined the happy list for everyone. let the healing begin.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 8 2009, 05:33 PM)
    sadly im here to report i went out like the king of fools. more hurt then before. and thus ruined the happy list for everyone. let the healing begin.

Oh Joe. I'm so sorry. :-(
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 7 2009, 11:14 PM)
    Sounds like something blush-worthy.

It is BEYOND blush-worthy. Way, way, wayyyyy beyond. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Bob Marley makes me happy.

its like this wierd pheonmenon (do doo de do doo) but yeah. my dad used to play bob marley songs alot when i was younger... and ive grown to think of those songs as my dads and stayed clear of them for a long time...

but now those songs make me feel so good. they're like so heartwarming and sad and lovely at the same time.

have you guys ever heard "Is this love?" i'll send it to anyone who wants ... but that song is like the sweetest song in the history of life.

or "waiting in vain" farrrk can anything be more sad?

shizz guys. "No woman no cry" almost made me cry on the subway yesterday.

a good cry. man. bob marley. I like when i rediscover things that have been right infront of my face forever.
  • Oh those are excellent choices *indeed*, Mel.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 8 2009, 11:33 PM)
    sadly im here to report i went out like the king of fools. more hurt then before. and thus ruined the happy list for everyone. let the healing begin.

AH fuck.

I'm so sorry

For you: http://www.boingboing.net/2009/01/07/andy-...ith-themeb.html
    (You're so welcome in advance)
  • ALSO:

Please allow me a moment to talk about the Moth. Maybe I've mentioned it before, I can't quite remember as I've been promoting it left and right. The Moth is a storytelling competition that takes place every now and again in New York and LA. In my opinion, storytelling is somewhat a lost art. Of course, I'm sure most people know someone who is a captivating storyteller, who can hold the room and make everyone feel involved and unable to turn away from the story. However, imagine going into a space: it's already getting dark outside and everyone's fit inside a room small relative to the size of the crowd. Everyone's already laughing and buzzing, as everyone is there for the same reason: they love to hear stories. The crowd is diverse, albeit heavily skewed towards the New York literary hipster persuasion. Still, I have never had a better night of entertainment.

For those who unfortunately can't attend an event live (and for those who are close to NYC, I HIGHLY recommend going: 8$ fee for an awesome night? Sublime), I recommend subscribing to the Moth podcast on iTunes.

I am a nerd.

OH ALSO, for all gamers out there, I got a kick out of this and then forced all my roommates to watch:
    Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?

NEEEERRRRD
  • New Franz Ferdinand wub.gif
  • - germany
    - suzie
    - hamburg
    - suzie
    - di
    - german transport ALWAYS being on time
    - no rain! for 3 days
    - suzie
  • True confession: when I am having a stressful day or am just generally procrastinating, I LOVE watching old Tony awards performances on Youtube. I love the Tony awards (mostly because, unlike the Oscars where everyone seems so stiff and boring, everyone at the Tonys just LOVES THEATER and is so excited to just be there).

So, this evening, I was perusing Youtube, as usual, and came across Cats. Now, back in my super-awkward middle school days (versus some sort of acceptable awkwardness now), I LOVED CATS. I had the two-disk DVD, T.S. Eliot's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats" (on which the songs are based), I wanted to be in Cats SO BADLY. So, I'm sitting here now, listening to the music, and I love it as much now as I did then. I don't care if I'm supposed to have a refined theater taste (as this is basically the 1980s equivalent of Shrek: the Musical), but WHATEVER. It's awesome, and I still remember most of the words.

Cats: Now and Forever.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 11 2009, 05:48 PM)
    - germany
    - suzie
    - hamburg
    - suzie
    - di
    - german transport ALWAYS being on time
    - no rain! for 3 days
    - suzie

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

smile.gif awesome

andy in germany with suzie makes me happy!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jan 11 2009, 06:33 PM)
    andy in germany with suzie makes me happy!

Ditto!! smile.gif

I'm smiling because I love classic Bond films and I've figured out why they are so much better than current Bond films. Classic Bond films, to me, are anything with Sean Connery or Roger Moore, so the whole 60s and 70s period of Bond films. They are so much better because they are suspenseful without taking themselves too seriously. Would you ever see Daniel Craig or Pierce Bronsen in an ape suit fighting the Russians or would you ever see those two wake up in bed with a giant poisonous spider climbing their chests? No. But in a Connery or Moore film, you would. And because it's so silly, it's realistic and that makes it so good. Plus the classic films don't just shoot for long violent fight scenes where you know the outcome. In the classic films, Bond is fighting say on a railroad train, but the cinematographers flash to another oncoming train, or the precarious rails looming near Bond's feet, which all add to some sort of realism.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 16 2009, 09:05 PM)
    Would you ever see Daniel Craig or Pierce Bronsen in an ape suit fighting the Russians or would you ever see those two wake up in bed with a giant poisonous spider climbing their chests?

Go on, there's a joke there waiting to happen!
  • i dunno if brosnan slept with spiders. but he was in the matador. great film.
  • -of Montreal
    -The Beatles
    -The Format
    -OK Go (of course!)
    -when band parents upload videos of us on youtube!
    -when i tried googleimage for a picture of kevin barnes and the, like, third result on safemode is naked!kevin. I screamed laughter.
    -talking about/singing songs from the sixties/seventies/eighties and teachers walk by and join along/laugh
    -doodling on assignments. best. thing. ever. (ap world notes on ancient china: polo vs polio, women's pass-time)
    -mega64 (youtube it!)
    -getting mix cds
    -Harry Potter
    -Long weekends
    -The beach
    -BAND BAND BAND BAND
    -Band trips (oh, yeah! macy's '09 whatup)
    -Planning out a movie with my friend Taryn: It'll be the best movie ever.
  • QUOTE (Jillian Summer! @ Jan 17 2009, 06:11 PM)
    -The Beatles
    -OK Go (of course!)
    -talking about/singing songs from the sixties/seventies/eighties and teachers walk by and join along/laugh
    -doodling on assignments. best. thing. ever. (ap world notes on ancient china: polo vs polio, women's pass-time)
    -getting mix cds

You've just won my approval. (There is no contest of course. I just get happy to see Beatles, Ok Go, and 60s love.) laugh.gif

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 17 2009, 07:39 PM)
    You've just won my approval. (There is no contest of course. I just get happy to see Beatles, Ok Go, and 60s love.) laugh.gif

cool.gif I'm glad.
    I get happy when I see other Beatles/OK go/60s lovers. I actually met my best friend because she said her favourite band was The Beatles and we clicked like that.

Also. If any of you guys are bored out of your mind and have nothing else to do or you like looking at interior design things, you could kill time by seeing the progress of our band room. XD
    http://juliemichelle.smugmug.com/Band/694699
    (Sorry in advance for how many band-related posts i'll make, haha. What can I say, it's my life!)
    Of course this is a happy thing; our band room hasn't changed since the seventies. Now it's all new and weird. Tuesday morning will be so weirdly delightful when we walk in.
  • QUOTE (Jillian Summer! @ Jan 17 2009, 10:01 PM)
    cool.gif I'm glad.
    I get happy when I see other Beatles/OK go/60s lovers. I actually met my best friend because she said her favourite band was The Beatles and we clicked like that.

Yes! I love love love the Beatles wub.gif They're definitely in my top bands. And just older bands in general.

So, you're in band? Awesome! What instrument? I play trumpet smile.gif And I'm assuming by your signature that you do marching band too? haha, I never really liked marching that much. It was kind of fun at times, and there were parts that I liked, I just didn't love it that much.

laugh.gif haha, and band was pretty much my entire life from middle school til the end of High School too. I was hardcore devoted to it. I was in everything. So, I can relate to you a lot. It's weird this year because it's my first year in college and my life isn't completely taken over by band (I decided to major in art) but I'm not sure if I like art as much, and I miss music. So, now I'm switching to a music major, and band will soon be my life again, haha