In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• They were always fun to karokee to. Esp if it's karokee with a room full of drunken Vietnamese men and a baby. True story.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 10 2009, 11:48 PM)
    They were always fun to karokee to. Esp if it's karokee with a room full of drunken Vietnamese men and a baby. True story.

I'd love to hear that story sometime, Rose. biggrin.gif

My Happy List:
    - Playing my first Philadelphia Open Mic Night Monday
    - Overcoming my usual Eeyore-ish self to play that Open Mic
    - The room where the Open Mic was had a downright ANCIENT, autographed OK Go poster. No Kidding. So basically I was performing (making my Philly debut, no less) on a stage where my favorite band had once been.
    - Playing a successful gig at one of my usual places last night
    - Getting asked back, and being encouraged to ask for a Thursday night show, where I'd get a cut from the door!
    - And because no happy list is ever complete without being a fangirl for a minute, JP Jones wrote on my facebook wall this morning. wub.gif
  • LEAKED MSTRKRFT ALBUM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MSTAHHHKRAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff
  • -somehow managing to get front row tickets for the Travis concert in April (after buying like 6 non-front row tickets)
    -pre-ordering the new Superdrag album
  • My sweetie sent me flowers at work!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 13 2009, 02:20 PM)
    My sweetie sent me flowers at work!

Awwww!!! tongue.gif Now I'm thinking about our lunch together. I miss Chicago.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 13 2009, 08:11 PM)
    Awwww!!! tongue.gif Now I'm thinking about our lunch together. I miss Chicago.

Chicago misses you.

Why couldn't the super computer match you up with the school here? Stupid super computer.
  • ive been happy for the last two days. like FUCKING HAPPY. its pretty nice. i hope it lasts.
  • I've had him for a couple weeks now, but I forgot to post it here.

This is my baby biggrin.gif

haha, I got a little picture happy tongue.gif

OH OH! And I just noticed, it's been exactly one year since I joined the boards!! YAY! More happy! biggrin.gif
  • Wow, Bekker. YOu have a Gibson Les Paul. Wowwwww smile.gif That is awesome. I have an acoustic. Come here and we can jam wink.gif

My best friend Andy keeps finding me these great YouTube videos... this one ALSO made me pee my pants, much like David after Dentist wink.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 16 2009, 01:09 PM)
    My best friend Andy keeps finding me these great YouTube videos... this one ALSO made me pee my pants, much like David after Dentist wink.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU

I was totally gonna post that, Katie. biggrin.gif

My happy list???

I'VE BOUGHT TICKETS BACK TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ooh, lucky Rachel *jealous*

speaking of David After Dentist-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70r-Ca8wcVg
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 17 2009, 12:41 AM)
    speaking of David After Dentist-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70r-Ca8wcVg

I was having a really bad day last weekend, and my friend Brian IM'd me with that gem... I about died. It's almost better than the real thing... both of them!!
  • lol, I know. I thought it was pretty clever smile.gif

• - staying in bed till 11am, ignoring the horrible amount of paperwork on my desk. tongue.gif
    - myspace comments from Be A Familiar, nice band from Scotland wub.gif
    - friends and talks about how stupid boys are biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 16 2009, 08:52 PM)
    My happy list???

I'VE BOUGHT TICKETS BACK TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My happy list???

RACHEL'S BOUGHT TICKETS BACK TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND SHE'S GONNA BE HERE ON MY BIIIIIIRTHDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
  • Can I just say how nice it is to take a class in theater? Like, so INCREDIBLY nice. I'm used to taking "practical" classes, not as much what I love, but what is useful (which doesn't mean it's not interesting, but there have been a couple of classes I've despised). I've always said that I don't define myself by my major (economics, btw), and I do believe it. But my passion, my ABSOLUTE passion is performance.

So, being in a small class with an astonishingly intelligent professor talking about something I love so much, it's so amazing. The topic is "queer theater" which is incredibly interesting, despite the fact that my knowledge on gender and queer studies is limited to mostly second-hand information from my gender studies friends (I still don't know the difference between the different waves of feminism). But, despite the fact that the class can be intimidating at times, if there's something at which I excel, it's reading plays.
  • ^ i'm happy you're enjoying your theatre class!..

and i would like to add cooking to my list of things that make me happy... sure i run around my kitchen like a chicken with it's head chopped off trying to keep track of what time i turned that skillet on and what still needs to go in that one and oh poo i forgot to salt the pasta water... but the end result is always great, especially when other people enjoy it as well...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 17 2009, 11:19 PM)
    and i would like to add cooking to my list of things that make me happy... sure i run around my kitchen like a chicken with it's head chopped off trying to keep track of what time i turned that skillet on and what still needs to go in that one and oh poo i forgot to salt the pasta water... but the end result is always great, especially when other people enjoy it as well...

So true. I have a feeling you are a far better cook than I am (in fact, I'd bet on it), but cooking is so relaxing.

My personal favorite recipe in a hurry is vegan chocolate cake. Most everyone has the ingredients and it takes all of 10 minutes to throw together and I SWEAR that it doesn't taste vegan (even my pretty anti-vegan friends adore it)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-Chocola...ake/Detail.aspx
  • ^^ last week the dining staff made vegan chocolate gingerbread for dessert. It was the most delicious thing ever. I ate way too much of it.

Pippin from LotR makes me happy. I'm rewatching the movies for no real reason, and I had forgotten how much I loved him. wub.gif
    Also, I love his full name- Peregrin. I wanna name my kid that. Idk if I'll have the guts to, though.