In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• seeing Ok Go tomorrow. Especially after realizing that it's been nearly two years since I last saw them, and that's far too long.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1523160320/nm1443484
    the fact that he ^^^ looks like Norman the puppet from Interpol's Evil music video, except more ginger.
  • I got a record player for my birthday!!!!!! It's kinda early since my birthday isn't for a few more days still. But I am currently enjoying listening to some Elvis biggrin.gif
  • Granted I'm sick, so I'm a little woozy, but this is the honest-to-god funniest interview I have ever seen, partially because Gervais and Elmo/Kevin Clash are having such a fantastic time: Ricky Gervais and Elmo. You can hear Clash losing it and trying to cover his own laugh with Elmo's.

Oh my god. This just BARELY beats the Elmo/Neil Patrick Harris interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e55Q8rwYXc8. My friends and I still sing the Pajama Song
  • my alexander mcqueen for target dress fits!!! ahhh, you have no idea how happy this makes me, i've been having anxiety attacks all week waiting for it to arrive, as after i ordered it i started to read posts that the sizing ran small and when i went back to target.com to order a size up just in case it was sold out and i was terrified i was gonna have a too small dress and would have missed out on it...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 12 2009, 08:31 PM)
    my alexander mcqueen for target dress fits!!! ahhh, you have no idea how happy this makes me, i've been having anxiety attacks all week waiting for it to arrive, as after i ordered it i started to read posts that the sizing ran small and when i went back to target.com to order a size up just in case it was sold out and i was terrified i was gonna have a too small dress and would have missed out on it...

ooooooooooh. Picture please!!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 12 2009, 04:17 PM)
    ooooooooooh. Picture please!!

• THAT IS FANTASTIC
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 12 2009, 04:21 PM)
    THAT IS FANTASTIC

i know!.. i wub.gif it... now i just gotta figure out where to wear it...
  • I have a summer job now! yayyyyyyy

and seeing Ok Go last night was fabulous, not just because it was the boys, but because it'd been too long since I'd gone to a show. I was missing it a lot, so it was really nice smile.gif

and and and, my spring break starts after tomorrow! finally!

so yeah, I'm pretty happy smile.gif

ALSO, Amy- those Elmo interviews are amazing! wub.gif
  • tone-i about died watching the Ricky/Elmo interview... had to share it with my fellow Ricky lover friend smile.gif

Darbs-I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milky-very, VERY happy for you smile.gif

my happy from Vegas?

• ^^ LOL I saw those photos before I read what you'd written and thought "Fuck, how did someone get my photos?" - I got almost identical shots hhaha!! Did you see the skeletons from The Killers' Bones next to it??
  • I'm smiling because at a volunteer dental thingy today, for an assistant, I was given a junior ASU student who's interested in becoming a dentist. Turns out he is half Jewish and is in a band. More importantly, he too loves T.Rex and David Bowie and 60s British music. He was amazed and jealous that I had met Ok Go (unaware of the great fandom that goes on with we boardies). And he actually got what I was talking about when I said I have David Bowie eyes. If he were just a bit better looking and fully Jewish, I would've been over the moon. But hey, at least I had a fun conversation about music with another dental person. Almost all dental people I know laugh at my music obsession because they're too nerdy to understand it.

P.S. Above boy is a Biochem major. My sis instantly thought he must be a nerd pretending to be in a band since nerds love me. laugh.gif
  • woah, I go MIA for a few days and miss great things on this thread!

Darbie, that dress is so pretty. You look gorgeous. So glad it fits and that you had no problems with it. Yey!

Katie, nice pics. Thanks for posting them. That Ok Go exhibit and Beatlesfest of Vegas are the only reasons why I wanna go to Vegas. Oh yeah, and I wanna check out "Love" by Cirque de Sole.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 13 2009, 03:50 PM)
    That Ok Go exhibit and Beatlesfest of Vegas are the only reasons why I wanna go to Vegas. Oh yeah, and I wanna check out "Love" by Cirque de Sole.

My brother went to Vegas earlier this year and I told him to go to both of those things for me, but he didn't.

-microwaving donuts
    -seeing OK Go in 12 days!!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Mar 13 2009, 09:29 PM)
    -seeing OK Go in 12 days!!

Seriously, K, please call me for "This Too Shall Pass" if you can. It will make a very happy Rachie.

Every other time I've come back from an OKGocation, work has been soul crushing and depressing. But today I feel great. I learned a lot of new things this week, I have 3 gigs in the next 7 days, and I walked to work this morning singing both "you can't keep lettin' it get you down" and "baby it's not so bad". Work is just that much more bearable this time around, because I've got some big things planned for myself.

Awesomes.

• -my sissie in law, Rach. She is, teh awesomez wink.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 16 2009, 07:46 PM)
    -my sissie in law, Rach. She is, teh awesomez wink.gif

Someone came on the boards after my phonecall, haha.

I wrote a new song tonight. It's called "Rockstar, Bitch". Thank you to Katy for inspiring it. You guys are going to love it, I'll post the video on YouTube after tomorrow's debut.
  • I jus got home fromthe pub, its 2.42am and we missed one bus, causse we thought its fun to call friends and not watch out for bussessss and we sarte walking the way and then got a bus, diana said shes sick so we got off again, walked a "short cut" and its so freaking cold out there... <bUT pub was amazing, met four fun guys and cider is great anyway... and guiness.. ad tequila to start the night..meh. my life isgreat right now, and best thing i am not hppy about cause i cant make up my mind about it: ice hockey.. play off beard is likely to come off this weekend... but Ill miss it, i told him. just now. on the phijne.. mehn

happy.

and I miss the boadrds and alice!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 17 2009, 01:53 AM)
    I wrote a new song tonight. It's called "Rockstar, Bitch". Thank you to Katy for inspiring it. You guys are going to love it, I'll post the video on YouTube after tomorrow's debut.

And here we are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DNfrx8aHtE...re=channel_page
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 18 2009, 07:32 AM)

Durnit, I can't view until I get home.