In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• haha, Thanks so much, MFP! biggrin.gif
  • not sure if it still counts for today, as it says your post on here was yesterday, but then again time shift is weird, so I did it as well, hope you win biggrin.gif
  • hearing dot dot dot on the radio wub.gif
  • Chillin' with Katie biggrin.gif
    And thanks, Mayo!
    And you heard Dot Dot Dot on the radio, Darbie!? That's awesome!!
  • snow storm tomorrow. big snow storm. Not sure if I'm really happy about it, per se, but it's always exciting. Kind of an excuse not to do work. And there's always the slightest little chance that classes will be canceled, which would be really really great. Though it's not likely, Smith College is the sort that doesn't really believe in snow days.

Also, I've been watching a lot of Buffy and Angel lately. I like those shows. I like Joss Whedon. I like his new show, too, Dollhouse.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Mar 1 2009, 10:55 PM)
    And you heard Dot Dot Dot on the radio, Darbie!? That's awesome!!

yeah, they played the new version of stay on the local music show tonight... biggrin.gif
  • - Getting to hang out with toiletdog for part of this past weekend. (I already miss the puppies sad.gif )
    - Seeing the Two Man Gentlemen Band Saturday night with Jenn and her boy. (Already missing Fulton, I mean Fuller. And why does Andy have a knife in his pocket?)
    - Seeing Dot Dot Dot this Saturday and hopefully meeting up with darbie_starpower.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 2 2009, 01:04 PM)
    - Seeing Dot Dot Dot this Saturday and hopefully meeting up with darbie_starpower.

biggrin.gif i'll be the one who looks awkward and out of place...
  • the gents...
    smile.gif wub.gif smile.gif wub.gif smile.gif wub.gif smile.gif wub.gif
    Clause Tousignant exhibit at the Musée d'art Contemporain. I wasn't expecting to like it as I resigned myself to part of the "I just don't 'get' minimalist art" group. It turns out that I kind of LOVE it; like a Beckett play in a museum.

Kid Koala, a DJ based in Montreal, had a night of quiet music ("Music to Draw To..."). His wife and friends sold baked goods and craftsters and DIYers from all over town came out in the cold to sit and enjoy the music. Kid Koala and his wife and baby may be the most chill family I've ever met; everyone there was just so nice and relaxed. I worked on Long Scarf (now about 25 ft long. I can't bring myself to finish it), Ken worked on wooden fish (Kid Koala approved!). I'm going to try and rope a few friends into going; I'll definitely be going again next week and could use some company.
    I do love this city.
    (Also: He played a version of this song, and I love the fact that it samples Jessica Rabbit's song from Who Framed Roger Rabbit [one of my absolute favorite movies])

Kate Bornstein's "Gender Outlaws: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us." I love how she questions gender and admire her pure talent.
  • wub.gif hug from rose...
    wub.gif meeting becky...
    wub.gif hearing get over it while waiting for dot dot dot to come on...
    wub.gif dot dot dot...

i don't type so well at 5am...
  • Remembering Rusty's bday just in time. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 8 2009, 05:03 AM)
    wub.gif hug from rose...
    wub.gif meeting becky...
    wub.gif hearing get over it while waiting for dot dot dot to come on...
    wub.gif dot dot dot...

i don't type so well at 5am...

It was awesome meeting you too!! Sorry I didn't get to say good-bye, but that guy was insistent we get the hell out of there and I didn't want to leave without our jackets.

I hope you had a great time, even with the fire alarm going off and it being 100 degrees in there.
  • wub.gif Craig Ferguson!!!! He's amazing! And me and my friend TOTALLY got to talk to him and tell him that we watch him every night! biggrin.gif
  • -Successfully surprising Sarah and Angie in Vegas smile.gif
    -Having, without a doubt, THE most AMAZING time there...
    -Already daydreaming about a trip back
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Mar 8 2009, 08:32 PM)
    wub.gif Craig Ferguson!!!! He's amazing! And me and my friend TOTALLY got to talk to him and tell him that we watch him every night! biggrin.gif

^^ Wooohooo!!! Yey, Rebekker! That's awesome! Isn't it cool how he looks exactly like he does on tv? He always seems confused to have fans too, lol.

- There's actually a tree growing in my desert backyard! My neighbor has a large Palo Verde tree hanging over the fence into my backyard. Afterall these years, a seed from that tree has sprouted in my backyard. The little baby is only one inch tall and has the distinct leaves of it's mommy. He's growing in the perfect spot. I named him Patchy. I spent 10 minutes cooing at him as if he were a human baby.

- And to add to today's happy list: I'm happy for Rebekker and her friend who had an awesome time seeing Craig!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 8 2009, 10:50 PM)
    - There's actually a tree growing in my desert backyard! My neighbor has a large Palo Verde tree hanging over the fence into my backyard. Afterall these years, a seed from that tree has sprouted in my backyard. The little baby is only one inch tall and has the distinct leaves of it's mommy. He's growing in the perfect spot. I named him Patchy. I spent 10 minutes cooing at him as if he were a human baby.

hehe, trees make me happy... and the fact that you named yours makes me doubley happy...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 8 2009, 08:57 PM)
    hehe, trees make me happy... and the fact that you named yours makes me doubley happy...

Tee-hee, I wanted to name him "Ziggy" after Ziggy Stardust. But since the wee tree surprised me by suddenly sprouting up in my petunia patch, and sprouting in the perfect spot no less, I names him "Patchy." laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 9 2009, 03:46 AM)
    -Successfully surprising Sarah and Angie in Vegas smile.gif
    -Having, without a doubt, THE most AMAZING time there...
    -Already daydreaming about a trip back

With me next time, yes? We'll use double the red hair to get free drinks. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Mar 8 2009, 08:32 PM)
    wub.gif Craig Ferguson!!!! He's amazing! And me and my friend TOTALLY got to talk to him and tell him that we watch him every night! biggrin.gif

I'm jealous. I want to talk to some Scots.