In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 17 2007, 03:36 PM)
    I have another question. You know how the liner notes of Oh No say what other musicians were on the songs and whatever? What in the heck does "The Mopeds—actors on "Invincible" or something like that mean?

You mean in the back of the cd booklet right? Where exactly? (like what line is it in?)
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 17 2007, 02:47 PM)
    You mean in the back of the cd booklet right? Where exactly? (like what line is it in?)

Uh, I can't really check because I've like totally avoided touching the pristine-ness of my CD, which is why I burnt myself a copy.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 17 2007, 03:49 PM)
    Uh, I can't really check because I've like totally avoided touching the pristine-ness of my CD, which is why I burnt myself a copy.

Um, okay, well I saw them mentioned in it, but not exactly what you said. I googled them and found this http://www.themopeds.com/
  • Thanks, but how exactly do they figure into Invincible?
  • In my booklet it says "The Space Odyssey Counting Gang on track 1 is The Mopeds"

Maybe that's the person who says "you gentlemen ready" ???

Ooooo two questions with one answer if it's right...
  • I'm just skimming over everything here so if anyone sees something is wrong with what I say, please correct me.

I saw the mention of Sven Anderson (who is on the website I posted before) doing the saxophone for tracks 4 and 8.
    I saw this about Invincible "The Space Odyssey Counting Gang on track 1 is the Mopeds"
    And some of the names here: http://www.themopeds.com/html/bio.html are mentioned in the booklet.
  • But why? And what is The Space Odyssey Counting Gang?
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 17 2007, 08:59 PM)
    I'm just skimming over everything here so if anyone sees something is wrong with what I say, please correct me.

I saw the mention of Sven Anderson (who is on the website I posted before) doing the saxophone for tracks 4 and 8.
    I saw this about Invincible "The Space Odyssey Counting Gang on track 1 is the Mopeds"
    And some of the names here: http://www.themopeds.com/html/bio.html are mentioned in the booklet.

Sven Anderson is quite a Swedish sounding name. They're probably working with Tore as well or something....
  • I must say, Electra, I love your signature.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 17 2007, 04:03 PM)
    Sven Anderson is quite a Swedish sounding name. They're probably working with Tore as well or something....

Heres his biography type thing on the site:
    "Sven Andersson

The best saxophone player in Sweden, all categories. Also the most good looking. Spend most of his life on the road or in a club near you. Swedish press have treated him as a member of the mopeds since 1997 and now it's finally happening."
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 17 2007, 09:04 PM)
    I must say, Electra, I love your signature.

Thank you smile.gif
    He was telling a few of us about working in a gay bar in Soho...
    Lol. He does a very good camp impression. Much fluttering of eyelashes, blushing etc tongue.gif

So dyu reckon Sven or whoever it is is the guy who says "you gentlemen ready"? I'm thinking that's kinda like counting them in... hence the counting gang thingy.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws.
  • Argh doube posts sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 17 2007, 03:11 PM)
    Thank you smile.gif
    He was telling a few of us about working in a gay bar in Soho...

Please
    tell me it wasn't the kind job I'm thinking of.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Oh that made me laugh
    Come to think of it, I don't think he ever mentioned what he actually did.
    Interesting.

I think the implication was that he worked on the bar. But I could be wrong. happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 17 2007, 04:11 PM)
    So dyu reckon Sven or whoever it is is the guy who says "you gentlemen ready"? I'm thinking that's kinda like counting them in... hence the counting gang thingy.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws.

I suppose it's possible. Maybe Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore or someone will be kind enought to tell us, or maybe someone should ask at their next show...?
  • Electra: I hope so. Plus (I'm sorry, Damian), with that body? I don't think so. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 17 2007, 09:24 PM)
    Electra: I hope so. Plus (I'm sorry, Damian), with that body? I don't think so. tongue.gif

Awww poor Damian!
    I duno, this was a good few years ago, maybe he worked out more then...
    LOL the image in my head is hilarious!!!
    Big black bow tie and everything...

And yes, if my darling J orge, whom I do adore but want to express it my own way - not through filters, could please tell us, we'd be very grateful smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 17 2007, 04:29 PM)
    And yes, if my darling J orge, whom I do adore but want to express it my own way - not through filters, could please tell us, we'd be very grateful smile.gif

VERY greatful...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 17 2007, 03:29 PM)
    Awww poor Damian!
    I duno, this was a good few years ago, maybe he worked out more then...
    LOL the image in my head is hilarious!!!
    Big black bow tie and everything...

Haha, and a tan?
    Don't get me wrong...too much tan is so gross, and Damian is not pale at all.