In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• I've got a question that's randomly come to me. Perhaps some of you "oldbies" could answer this. How long has Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore worked for the band? Has he been around since the days of the old board? How did he get involved w/ the band?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 19 2007, 07:45 PM)
    I've got a question that's randomly come to me. Perhaps some of you "oldbies" could answer this. How long has Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore worked for the band? Has he been around since the days of the old board? How did he get involved w/ the band?

As far as I know, he was Damian's friend. I think. But thats all I know.
  • I think it's safe to say that they met while OK Go was the house band for NPR's This American Life around 1999. J0rge contributed to the program and probably met them along the way and became close friends with the guys. And yeah, he was around for the old board.
  • I didn't know about OK Go before this board...so could someone tell me what happened to the old board?
  • There were actually two boards before this one. The one we have now is because back around the time they were finishing up Oh No, all the bands that had official boards on the Capitol Records forums were being moved to this type of board.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 19 2007, 02:40 PM)
    And sorry to ask another thing, but would anybody know where this is from/have the full text? I saved an excerpt cuz I loved it, but I don't know where it's from originally. Thanks!

Tabetha, the piece you quoted is from this interview: http://www.sirensmag.com/index.php?option=...41&Itemid=4 (I bookmarked it, because I liked it too.)
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2007, 09:24 PM)
    There were actually two boards before this one. The one we have now is because back around the time they were finishing up Oh No, all the bands that had official boards on the Capitol Records forums were being moved to this type of board.

That makes sense, thanks!
  • hehe, nm, I found the answer to my question. Ah, that's my fav Ok Go article.
    I think that's the most insightful article I've ever read on politics in modern culture.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 17 2007, 08:36 PM)
    I have another question. You know how the liner notes of Oh No say what other musicians were on the songs and whatever? What in the heck does "The Mopeds—actors on "Invincible" or something like that mean?

Just worked it out.

You know when Damian sings "please use your powers for good" and then there's that build up until the drums explode in the video... that bit? In the background there's voices counting down from 5, and Damian's final scream is the number "one" (but you can't really tell that very easily). I'm thinking the Mopeds are the ones counting down.

Just call me genius.... cool.gif
  • I've got one. In the JBLTV interview (available on Sheri's site at okgocentral.com) there's a bit about a "99 Men" video in which Damian appears. It's toward the end. It sounds like Damian said, "90-90 Men" but Tim might correctively say, "99 Men". Regardless of what they're called, does anyone know where we can see this video? Or want to tell anything more about it?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 3 2007, 04:12 PM)
    Just worked it out.

You know when Damian sings "please use your powers for good" and then there's that build up until the drums explode in the video... that bit? In the background there's voices counting down from 5, and Damian's final scream is the number "one" (but you can't really tell that very easily). I'm thinking the Mopeds are the ones counting down.

Good job! I never would have figured that out!
  • Thanks lol.
    This is how I spend my time at work - dancing around the operating theater to Invincible and Do What You Want.
    >.<
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 3 2007, 04:37 PM)
    Thanks lol.
    This is how I spend my time at work - dancing around the operating theater to Invincible and Do What You Want.
    >.<

Sounds like a pretty fun way to make money to me!
  • It's quite awesome, yes...

Can't believe they trust me with needles and scalpels tbh tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 3 2007, 10:12 AM)
    Just worked it out.

Genius.
  • Darn, you guys figured it out before I could act all smart. laugh.gif
    QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 17 2007, 02:55 PM)
    In my booklet it says "The Space Odyssey Counting Gang on track 1 is The Mopeds"
    Maybe that's the person who says "you gentlemen ready" ???
    Ooooo two questions with one answer if it's right...
    I was just reading this conversation now, knew the answer from the start, and was thinking, "I hope no one figured it out, I hope no one figured it out ..." biggrin.gif Now I feel all fancy-pants for having heard that plainly early on--I thought everyone knew about it (?). You can also hear a similar voice saying "No sign of life," echoing Damian after he says it the first time in the first and second "choruses" (can you call it a chorus?) of "No Sign of Life," then saying "No sign" after Damian says "No sign" at the end of the second chorus; then the voice says "No sign" after Damian's first "No sign of life" in the third chorus. Maybe these are more obvious and I'm looking silly mentioning it ...

Will we be hearing "Paul is dead" on the next album, I wonder? ;D

And I agree about Dan at the beginning of the album--sounds a lot like him to me.

About J0rge, he and Damian met when they both worked at NPR in Chicago, I think. Damian was an engineer there for awhile. (He mentioned this in some interview.) And I think J0rge used to be a merch guy at their shows early on ... ?
  • Wow. I don't think I ever noticed that countdown before.

Strangely enough I never cared for this song before but after noticing the countdown I am listening to it on repeat...
  • For anyone that has actually had to SIT at an OK Go concert...what was it like? Worth going even though the seating was arranged and tall people could very well be in your way? I am considering a ticket to the Germain Ampitheatre in Columbus, Ohio, but I am hardly used to a seating chart, especially at an OK Go concert. And I was only able to get Row K, which seems too far away when there are a few rows, lots of people, and a giant pit in between me and greatness. But I do want to see them as much as possible before they quit touring to work on their next album (crosses fingers), and Ohio is the next closest venue I can get to.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 7 2007, 12:11 AM)
    Darn, you guys figured it out before I could act all smart. laugh.gif I was just reading this conversation now, knew the answer from the start, and was thinking, "I hope no one figured it out, I hope no one figured it out ..." biggrin.gif Now I feel all fancy-pants for having heard that plainly early on--I thought everyone knew about it (?). You can also hear a similar voice saying "No sign of life," echoing Damian after he says it the first time in the first and second "choruses" (can you call it a chorus?) of "No Sign of Life," then saying "No sign" after Damian says "No sign" at the end of the second chorus; then the voice says "No sign" after Damian's first "No sign of life" in the third chorus. Maybe these are more obvious and I'm looking silly mentioning it ...

It's not silly mentioning it! But I always noticed them, yeah, it just took me a while to make the connection for Invincible's counting thing. And I always sing along to the second "no sign of life" in the choruses... Lol.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 8 2007, 03:47 PM)
    For anyone that has actually had to SIT at an OK Go concert...what was it like? Worth going even though the seating was arranged and tall people could very well be in your way? I am considering a ticket to the Germain Ampitheatre in Columbus, Ohio, but I am hardly used to a seating chart, especially at an OK Go concert. And I was only able to get Row K, which seems too far away when there are a few rows, lots of people, and a giant pit in between me and greatness. But I do want to see them as much as possible before they quit touring to work on their next album (crosses fingers), and Ohio is the next closest venue I can get to.

T-dog, this isn't an answer to your question, but I got 4 tickets to this show in Section C Row V, seats 7-10, which by my count is about 16 rows back on Tim's side. NOT great, but there are a lot of seats further back than these, and at least I'll be there (and bring friends to convert).

I missed the presale!! ARGH!! When I checked ticketmaster Monday morning before work, it showed Indy going on sale that day at 10, but not Columbus. By the time I found out (about 2pm Monday), there were no GA pit tickets left (if they were available at all - sometimes those are set aside for fan club VIP and that kind of thing).

Did I ask if you wanted to go to this show? I'll feel REALLY bad if I didn't. sad.gif