In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 17 2007, 11:37 PM)
    dammit! i just took that, i'll go find it smile.gif
    ps this may be a really dumb question, so forgive me... i know that andy duncan left during the making of 'oh no' and that it said in the cd insert that it was duncan's... shit, playing? i think... so i was curious if Rusty Ross was on ANY of the cd... i didn't know if playing just qualified as just instruments, or vocals too... this may be a horribly stupid question, but i was just curious....

Nope, as far as I know, they had wrapped up the album completely before they started auditioning new guitarists.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 17 2007, 11:48 PM)
    here you go! i hope this is what you were talking about...

http://www.quizilla.com/users/3personmoshp...o%20are%20you?/

Yes! Thanks soooo much! I love this game a lot smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 18 2007, 12:25 AM)
    Nope, as far as I know, they had wrapped up the album completely before they started auditioning new guitarists.

okay, that's what i thought... b/c it probably said he left during production in there too, but i was just a little lazy and i really don't know where my cases are anyway... but thanks for clearing it up smile.gif now i'm even MORE pumped for a new cd just so mr. ross is ON it wub.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 18 2007, 12:37 AM)
    okay, that's what i thought... b/c it probably said he left during production in there too, but i was just a little lazy and i really don't know where my cases are anyway... but thanks for clearing it up smile.gif now i'm even MORE pumped for a new cd just so mr. ross is ON it wub.gif

Me too. I'm really looking forward to hearing what Andy brings to the band's sound/music. We actually asked him if he'd be writing any songs for the next album and he said maybe, so who knows?
  • I'm excited to see/hear how Andy will contribute to the new album as well.

I haven't listed to SDR, is it much different from OK Go's sound?
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ May 18 2007, 12:37 PM)
    I'm excited to see/hear how Andy will contribute to the new album as well.

I haven't listed to SDR, is it much different from OK Go's sound?

Yes, very. It's fun rock. I've compared it to The Beatles and Fountains of Wayne. Go check out his myspace, Mia - ww.myspace.com/secretdakotaringnyc . There really is not a single song on the entire album that I don't love, but 23, Broken Cars, and Whiskey are my favorites.
  • hmm, my favorites are Math is Power, and A Year and A Day
    I think it's the kazoos.....
    but yes. it is different and it is wonderful.
    and I didn't even know there was a myspace.... huh.

and yes, I agree about being super-excited to hear Andy on the new album.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 18 2007, 09:13 AM)
    Yes, very. It's fun rock. I've compared it to The Beatles and Fountains of Wayne. Go check out his myspace, Mia - ww.myspace.com/secretdakotaringnyc . There really is not a single song on the entire album that I don't love, but 23, Broken Cars, and Whiskey are my favorites.

That's too cool! I can't believe I didn't listen to it earlier. Shame on me. And is that Andy singing? blink.gif
  • i didn't know there was a myspace either!! totally added him as a friend though smile.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ May 18 2007, 04:23 PM)
    That's too cool! I can't believe I didn't listen to it earlier. Shame on me. And is that Andy singing? blink.gif

Yep, that's Andy singing! I'm glad you like it! And thanks, e 5170a, for fixing my typo!
  • I listened to Secret Dakota Ring (thanks to dietpepsidrunk on the ride to Chicago), and my favorite by far is Beautiful Girl. I also like Math Is Power, mostly because my beloved brother is a high school math teacher. I think he and Andy would get along, if they ever met. They're both programmers, too, and they both follow sports closely. Hooray for guys who are geeky, smart AND cool!
  • okay... are tim's pants purple in the HIGA video?
  • nope, the Kulash is the only in the vid to go all Vegas on us with his pants
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 21 2007, 09:48 PM)
    nope, the Kulash is the only in the vid to go all Vegas on us with his pants

Hahahaha!!

Guys, have OK Go ever played There's A Fire live?
    Just wondering...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 21 2007, 04:56 PM)
    Hahahaha!!

Guys, have OK Go ever played There's A Fire live?
    Just wondering...

I'm sure they did, cuz I found an mp3 of it somewhere- I think on the Berklee School of Music website.
    But I didn't see a video. I have the mp3 if you want- I actually like it better than the original because Damian goes WHOO really enthusiastically a few times and you can hear Tim better.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 21 2007, 10:05 PM)
    I'm sure they did, cuz I found an mp3 of it somewhere- I think on the Berklee School of Music website.
    But I didn't see a video. I have the mp3 if you want- I actually like it better than the original because Damian goes WHOO really enthusiastically a few times and you can hear Tim better.

Ooo really?
    yeah I'd love it, if that's ok...
    how could you send it to me? email?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 21 2007, 04:48 PM)
    nope, the Kulash is the only in the vid to go all Vegas on us with his pants

hahah okay, i'm just making sure. i couldn't tell b/c my eyes are kind of bad, and some of the lighting on my computer is not so hot... but thank you smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 21 2007, 05:10 PM)
    Ooo really?
    yeah I'd love it, if that's ok...
    how could you send it to me? email?

would megaupload be ok?
  • ^^ That'd be brilliant, thank you, Sally!!
    You're wonderful smile.gif