In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• hiya, has anyone made a thread about dreams of okgo? and if not do you think it'd be a good idea to make one?
    i think it'd be cool and an interesting read biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (squashedbanana @ Mar 15 2010, 02:50 PM)
    hiya, has anyone made a thread about dreams of okgo? and if not do you think it'd be a good idea to make one?
    i think it'd be cool and an interesting read biggrin.gif

Looks like there are two of them.

OK Go dreams, dreams about OK Go....

I dreamt about OK GO....
  • oooo ha bisky! thanks beckysioux
  • thanks so much jedi_grrlie and Will for the help.
    I actually purchased the cd from the okgo website store, i don't know who organises that anymore. I don't think they have any policy, help or customer enquiry as to what to do with faulty/ wrong products. So far we've simple jsut replied to varification emails regarding the product, but this isn't working, mainly because it some type of random yahoo email or something, so i don't know if it gets replies or not.
    Will, i would love to get my hands of the videos but i jsut don't know how to go about it, everything that i have found online has been bad quality, and it still feels like stealing. But i'd also really like to have the cd, and i believe the cover art is different, and i dunno but that stuff is important to me- i still love cds.

• Yeah, the Yahoo addresses won't help you much... they provide the storefront and process payment and that's it. I guess it's EMI who then run the distribution side of it. My guess is your best bet would be one of the band's contacts from the main site:

Management
    Hornblow Group USA, Inc.
    info@okgo.net

Band
    webmaster@okgo.net

But I also fired off a tweet to the boys, because this seems like the kind of thing they'd love to help fix...
  • Thankyou so much Will! You're awesome. biggrin.gif

I'm gonna try emailing info@okgo.net about it and hopefully i'll get some results.
    Thanks so much for the tweet.
  • In case you haven't seen, they tweeted back! Looks like that email was the right call - let us know how things go smile.gif
  • Hi! I already posted this over at the Chicago Boardie meet up, but I'll re-post here as it applies! ---

Uh, hi! >shyly waves<

I'm new to OK Go fandom, as in, only since Weird Al tweeted the link to the first "This Too Shall Pass" video. Fell in love. Instantly. Every video and creative efforts and songs I see and hear by the guys just make me fall more in love. I live by Chicago and looking through the boards has convinced me to go to this concert!

On a side note, all the rhymes with the short "i" in the chorus of "WTF?" are just EPIC. But I'm a word person so I'm a bit obsessed.

---continuing on with my nOOb question:

Are there any threads about over- analysing the lyrics as poetry? I've just been reading Steven Fry's "An Ode Less Traveled" and I'm being hyper aware of rhymes, patterns, meters and beats.  Smile

• YES! Thanks soo much Will you are wizard!

Finally got some replies to our original emails and they're sending the cd straight away AND letting me keep the other on because of the stuff-up and delay. And it came with a very nice aplology. I personally think it was the tweet which did it Laugh

• violetchaos364 said:

---continuing on with my nOOb question:

Are there any threads about over- analysing the lyrics as poetry? I've just been reading Steven Fry's "An Ode Less Traveled" and I'm being hyper aware of rhymes, patterns, meters and beats.  Smile

Amber, we haven't done anything like that yet, but feel free to get one started!

Tahandpah, YAY!  Congrats!

• Once I get a word processing program on this laptop, I may risk a little poetry analysis. =D

I just got the OK Go self titled and the deluxe Oh No. Wow, the guys are even more my heroes than before! >insert manic fangirl squeeing here<

Who sings C C C Cinnamon Lips? Not Damian? Tim, maybe?

• You are correct.  Tim sings C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips.  It's actually how he got to be the lead lip syncher for A Million Ways (AMW), and Here It Goes Again (HIGA) - he was rightfully "singing" for the first routine, so they never changed it.

I'm looking forward to your poetry analysis, particularly on "Let It Rain." 

• does anyone know what t-shirt size the guys are?

its not a random question by the way...I'm not a mentalist...

and anyway you can probably tell what I have planned to do :D

• I do not know what size the guys are but I must say that it is very nice to SEE you, squashedbanana.
  • Sunnyside said:I do not know what size the guys are but I must say that it is very nice to SEE you, squashedbanana.

haha yeah well i couldn't be bothered to resize any pictures of me then i thought...twitter has already done that for me! *ding* idea! yeah :)

• If anyone is going to go see OK Go soon, could you do me a favor and ask them what t-shirt size they are because sqaushedbanana (a.k.a Jade) is thinking of making personalised t-shirts for them

I have no idea how I'm gunna repay you if you are outside of the UK...or you don't live near me...

Wow it'd be cool if a boardie lived near me

• I'd like to know their T-shirt sizes as well, if anyone can get that info. I could pay you in undying affection!
  • violetchaos364 said:I'd like to know their T-shirt sizes as well, if anyone can get that info. I could pay you in undying affection!

Soo I got medium mens size t-shirts for me and a friend so I can design them specifically for going to an OKGo concert (will post pictures when i get it done) aand the chest size is 39″-41″

Thats too big for me and her so I'm thinking maybe a small for Damian (cos hes soooo skinny) and small/medium size shirts for the rest (will also post those pictures when I get around to designing them) but someone will have to confirm for me.

• Okay, I gots sum kwestions.

Nicknames. I've come across a ton for Andy (off the top of my head: aross, Rusty, rusticles, Pandy, Pandrew, and the new ones from Becky in regards to the red suit). Sooo, I get the red suit ones and aross, but where did Rusty come from?

Also, I may not have noticed any because I'm oblivious, but do the rest of the boys have nicknames, too?