In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• i love the subliminal messages...
    and... i love that picture wub.gif
  • LMAOOOO wow. *ahem* what was that "sound piece of advice" actually for anyway? Just some random thing that just "happened" to be next to Andy's picture? biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Mar 22 2008, 10:32 AM)
    I have a question about their concerts. Do they ever come out and take pictures and stuff with their fans after a concert? I've never been to any of their concerts sad.gif My first one's in May biggrin.gif And I was just wondering, cuz I didn't want to leave too soon or be in the wrong place if they did

Going early and hanging about might turn up some pre-show opportunities. I was able to talk with Dan last year when he came out front to watch the opening act.
    Good luck!
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Apr 30 2008, 01:59 AM)
    Going early and hanging about might turn up some pre-show opportunities. I was able to talk with Dan last year when he came out front to watch the opening act.
    Good luck!

yeah, we went really early last wednesday and met Dan over by their bus, and then after the show we got to meet all of them biggrin.gif it was Awesome
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Apr 29 2008, 11:29 PM)
    LMAOOOO wow. *ahem* what was that "sound piece of advice" actually for anyway? Just some random thing that just "happened" to be next to Andy's picture? biggrin.gif

It was an ad for Trojan.

Gotta love last.fm.
  • That picture is so funny!
  • Does anyone know if they've ever played Crash The Party live?
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ May 8 2008, 01:27 PM)
    Does anyone know if they've ever played Crash The Party live?

yeah, i remember them playing it at the empty bottle show a few years ago...
  • yeah theyeve played it at 2 of the 3 shows ive been to
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 29 2008, 09:13 AM)
    Okay, what the hell do I make of this?

Wow. Just..........wow.

Goodnight, everybody! That's it for me!
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 8 2008, 01:32 PM)
    yeah, i remember them playing it at the empty bottle show a few years ago...

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 8 2008, 01:43 PM)
    yeah theyeve played it at 2 of the 3 shows ive been to

Dammit, I always miss the good stuff. Wonder if they'll ever bring it back out.

QUOTE (toiletdog @ May 8 2008, 02:59 PM)
    Wow. Just..........wow.

Goodnight, everybody! That's it for me!

Imagine my surprise viewing that AT WORK! I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the day.
  • This may have been answered before, but does anyone know why they stopped doing audioblogs and podcasts?
  • It seems like they just have no time for it anymore. Supposedly, there are two podcast interviews - with Ira Glass and Rufus Wainwright - that were completed a couple of years ago but we haven't heard anything since.
  • Alrighty, so, I know T.Rex is one of Ok Go's influences. I squeeled when I recently saw some old T.Rex concert footage where they ended their concert throwing tamborines at the audience. Could this be where Ok Go picked up the idea? Just wanted your thoughts. Marc Bolan even played a guitar with a tamborine, in a sheer moment of awesomeness I think Andy should try.
  • Bumping this thread for the new-newbies. M'kay?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 17 2010, 07:17 PM)
    Bumping this thread for the new-newbies. M'kay?

Is that Damian in your picture? I'd like to see OK GO in kilts. Just sayin.
  • So glad this thread got bumped! I had no idea about the whole Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore thing...

Is there a backstory to how "Whom I adore" got put into the filter, or just something he added while adding filters like Damien?
  • Yay newbies!
  • Indeed, Yay Newbies!

I just happened upon this blog, and while I wasn't quite sure where to put it, I thought it was worth a read, even for the most-seasoned of us OK Go boardies. Especially when we are potentially coming into a new crop of fans with a new site and all this business. We all love and joke and squee, but the boundaries are IMPORTANT.

http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/841629.html

Cleolinda understands fans and fandom, and she's got a couple of really good points.
  • Wow, that was a good thing to post here (cleolinda's LJ entry). Thanks.

Good idea to bump this for the newbies, t-dog. Newbies, you're all welcome, and we're glad you're here.

What a thoughtful, helpful bunch we are. wink.gif