In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• (o.o)

Well, I know what I'll be spending my time reading later today! =D

Oh, and thanks for the link to Teeny OK Go! Need to finish up that reading, too!

• violetchaos364 said:

Okay, I gots sum kwestions.

Nicknames. I've come across a ton for Andy (off the top of my head: aross, Rusty, rusticles, Pandy, Pandrew, and the new ones from Becky in regards to the red suit). Sooo, I get the red suit ones and aross, but where did Rusty come from?

Also, I may not have noticed any because I'm oblivious, but do the rest of the boys have nicknames, too?

Pandy/Pandrew isn't Andy Ross – it's English Andy.  He's a boardie, but he doesn't post too much these days (boooooo).  I think Jorge called him "That Panda Kid" once, right?  LOL! 

As for the others, umm, Dan's got a nickname – Danimal.  He mentioned it in an interview he did for us a few years ago: http://www.myspace.com/okgounofficialfanclub click on the blog post on the right called "If you were a Konopka..." sorry I couldn't link directly, it's not working; I know he says it isn't his real nickname, but I'm 90% certain I've seen Tim tweet him as Danimal.

Damian and Tim? I got nothing.

• Hmmm, this won't let me quote right now.

Anyway, yes, Rachel, Tim's called Dan "Danimal" a few times on Twitter.

Wasn't Tim "BAMF"? Or is that not really nickname?

Also, I'm assuming they call(ed) aross "Rusty" because the previous 4th member was Andy Duncan and it would have been confusing to current/new fans. I *think* I read that somewhere, probably on the blog that doesn't get updated often enough.

• Didn't Tim call Andy "The Sauce"? (Also on Twitter.)
  • Becky, as I understand it, that's the reason they called him Rusty.  And Debbie, you're right as well.  We think it's because Ross rhymes with Sauce.  There's no confirmation on that, though.
  • DJRose said:We think it's because Ross rhymes with Sauce.  There's no confirmation on that, though.

That's actually a pretty good reason. I thought it might be because he loves Italian food. Maybe? *shrug*

• Alright, kids, I'm not a newbie (duh) but since I haven't been to an OK Go concert yet (I know *shock-awe*), I thgt I would come to you guys for advice. A friend of mine is going to their first OK Go concert and would like to know how to meet the guys after the show. Please advise!
  • Find any and all boardies you can and stick with them. Okay, not really helpful, but that was what happened with me! =D
  • Wait by the tour bus after the show. It's usually wherever load in is for the venue. It's hard to miss the bus.

The last two shows I went to, they were asking for email addys, so chances are one to all four will be outside to talk with fans.

• I can't believe you've never gotten to go to a concert, Nance.
  • Okay, needs a bump.

Who is Jorge and why do we adore him?

(Note: Of course I adore him. That is what is done.)

• Oh Amber.  I'll answer your question, of course, but it makes me a little sad.

Jorge Just is a longtime friend of the guys.  He used to write the newsletters and generally liaise with the fans.  He claimed to be an invisible robot.  The reason we adore him (aside from the fact that he has a very clever way of wording things) is that on the old boards we couldn't type "Jorge" without it automatically changing to "Mr. Jorge, whom I adore."  In fact, sometimes the quote function made it sometimes change to "Mr. Mr. Jorge, whom I adore whom I adore."  Or, depending on how many times things would be quoted, there would be multiple Mr and whom I adores around the Jorge.  It was amusing.  The boards also used to change "Andy Ross" to "Rusty Ross," "utilize" to "use," and "reiterate" to "iterate."  It also used to fix it when people misspelled Damian.

Jorge is taking some time off to finish school, he tweeted as much the other day.  He'll be back. 

• Some people already know I'm drawing zombie versions of OK Go via twitter (will post photos soon in fan art thread) but I have way too many ideas of what to include in the drawing and the description of each band member…soooo I was thinking maybe I could make a new topic on the forum for fan fiction…just like Tempe's Teeny OK Go (which was awesome by the way)

I'm asking you, the boardies, if I should (because I have this feeling like I need approval first, I am that sort of person :) )

**by the way OMGOMGOMG I finally got 23 for math!!!!**

• I'm probably not permitted to dispense permissions, but it sounds like a good idea to me.
  • DJRose said:

Oh Amber.  I'll answer your question, of course, but it makes me a little sad.

Jorge Just is a longtime friend of the guys.  He used to write the newsletters and generally liaise with the fans.  He claimed to be an invisible robot.  The reason we adore him (aside from the fact that he has a very clever way of wording things) is that on the old boards we couldn't type "Jorge" without it automatically changing to "Mr. Jorge, whom I adore."  In fact, sometimes the quote function made it sometimes change to "Mr. Mr. Jorge, whom I adore whom I adore."  Or, depending on how many times things would be quoted, there would be multiple Mr and whom I adores around the Jorge.  It was amusing.  The boards also used to change "Andy Ross" to "Rusty Ross," "utilize" to "use," and "reiterate" to "iterate."  It also used to fix it when people misspelled Damian.

Jorge is taking some time off to finish school, he tweeted as much the other day.  He'll be back. 

I miss the old board, I do. I am a complete loser at using this one.

I wish we could have the old statuses back, or whatever they were called. The cute little bits that changed whenever you would hit a certain number of posts.

But at least I am getting in some addition review here..

• I wondered why no ranks/titles/levels on a board that seems perfect for it. I knew this was the new board, and I seem to vaguely recall another from an episode of lurking, though I could be mis-re-magining that. I figured all that would be set up at the start if it was going to be.

But yeah, the basic math... keeps you sharp. 

• bullshituous said:

Oh, you wanna see a complete loser using the board - take a look at my MESS on the Doctor Who thread!!!

Good grief!

http://www.okgo.net/community/message-board/general-discussion/dr-who-photos-news-videos/page-2/

Hey, but Jorge did the last newsletter, so, YAY! Love the writing!

• violetchaos364 said:
    bullshituous said:

Oh, you wanna see a complete loser using the board - take a look at my MESS on the Doctor Who thread!!!

Good grief!

http://www.okgo.net/community/.....os/page-2/

Hey, but Jorge did the last newsletter, so, YAY! Love the writing!

What the...

How did you manage that, Amber?!

I know I shouldn't be laughing because I've been having my fair share of trouble with the new board. For instance, I still can't figure out how to make multiple quotes.

But all those boxes...Laugh

• I. Don't. Know.

I was trying to quote Christel, reply to specific bits of what Christel wrote, and post a couple pictures and ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!

Or perhaps WTF!!!

• Ugh, I've been having a ton of trouble posting pictures. How can I post one that's not on the internet (e.g. my hard drive?) I feel like a total n00b, usually I'm good at these things...:/