In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Awww, shucks Embarassed  Happy to share. Laugh

Has anyone found out if we can enter more than once?  Many have listed multiple songs.  When I click on the "rules" link it just brings me to the okgo.net post which doesn't say.
  • So, this might seem like a stupid question, and it's just my curiosity working… are any of the guys vegetarians or vegans? 

I'm guessing Andy and Tim couldn't be, because they're on the paleo diet, and you eat fish and meat... I'm thinking Dan isn't just because... but for some reason when it comes to Damian I get a big ? stuck in my head hahahaha
  • laeticia said:

So, this might seem like a stupid question, and it's just my curiosity working… are any of the guys vegetarians or vegans? 

I'm guessing Andy and Tim couldn't be, because they're on the paleo diet, and you eat fish and meat... I'm thinking Dan isn't just because... but for some reason when it comes to Damian I get a big ? stuck in my head hahahaha

Nope. Damian's not vegetarian mainly because he eats a turkey leg in this video:

And there's also the video about the lentil soup catfight, though I don't know which two band members it was about:

• point taken on D, I COMPLETELY forgot about that. Funny enough I remember a picture of him carrying a bag with loads of like, vegetables in it, and I forgot this video, which I saw like at least 3 times. ¬¬ 
    and now that you showed that I remembered him cooking burgers. I'm so stupid.  

hahaha. thanks! 
  • Laeticia, you're not stupid, just blinded by haw very cool Damian is, I mean who can keep track of what he's eating when he is so cute?  

I remember Damian and Tim chowing down on some chicken wings in You're So Damn Hot, but I watched it a million times, so I am thinking that doesn't count.

BTW, at around 1:34 in YSDH Damian is playing the guitar with his head down and the lights have turned his hair hot pink.  I mentioned to my husband and my roommate that he looks like Animal would if Animal played guitar instead of drums.  My roommate agrees and my husband disagrees.  If I have mentioned this before, please disregard.  Otherwise, opinions?
  • I was just on Youtube reading the new comments on the older OK Go videos (there is a storm of them since the Needing Getting video dropped, by the way).  Which is probably an issue that deserves to be mentioned on the YKYOW thread, but I have a question.  Several people mentioned that they found the HIGA video through a Big Bang Theory commercial.  I found mention of this fact here http://www.okgohereitgoesagain.com/ but, there is no link to the actual advertisement on that page.  I also saw that this commercial was mentioned here on the board but I am unable to pull up that post for some reason.  Does anyone know which commercial this was and where I can see it? 
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

laeticia said:

So, this might seem like a stupid question, and it's just my curiosity working… are any of the guys vegetarians or vegans? 

Nope. Damian's not vegetarian mainly because he eats a turkey leg in this video:

And there's also the video about the lentil soup catfight, though I don't know which two band members it was about:

Given the lentil soup thing, was old Andy vegetarian?  Or was he just trying to make something that didn't have meat in it for that meal?
  • BeckiWitte said:

Does anyone know which commercial this was and where I can see it? 

Becki, that song got used in so many commercials during its heyday.  My friend has remarked on several occasions that whenever a company wants something to seem "hip" (her words, not mine) they use the OK Go song. 
  • Chips said:

magnoliamaggiemag said:

laeticia said:

Given the lentil soup thing, was old Andy vegetarian?  Or was he just trying to make something that didn't have meat in it for that meal?

I'm pretty sure Andy Duncan was/is a vegetarian.
  • Okay, I don't know if this question should go here or not, because it isn't about OK Go or Paracadute, but rather the boards.  I can't find a thread like this about the message board in general.  

What is the significance of "math=23?"  I know there is a long-standing tradition of pointing it out, but why?

Edit: Now a question about OK Go: What was their first music video?  Was it Get Over It, C-c-c-cinnamon Lips, or something else?
  • Chips said:

What is the significance of "math=23?"  I know there is a long-standing tradition of pointing it out, but why?

23 is the name of a secret dakota ring song...
  • darbie_starpower said:

Chips said:

23 is the name of a secret dakota ring song...

Okay.  I sort of suspected that it was related to the song, but I wasn't sure.
  • Are there threads for discussing individual songs, like is there a thread for Unrequited Orchestra of Locomotion, and if not would it be okay to start one like that?
  • MooseMoose said:

Are there threads for discussing individual songs, like is there a thread for Unrequited Orchestra of Locomotion, and if not would it be okay to start one like that?

I'm not sure about that, however for Unrequited Orchestra you can discuss it on the "Complete Train Lyrics?" thread, because it was not limited to lyrics.
  • Does anyone know what happened at the end of this interview? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_aQSFIw9gk&feature=relmfu Was Matisyahu coming toward them or something?  I was surprised to see Damian end the interview so abruptly. 
  • Perhaps the interviewer/entity requested that beforehand?

It might have been due to Matisyahu, though.
  • Did the logo in the top left corner change??
  • Did the logo in the top left corner change??

Yep. It goes with the new logo for the new album. Or at least with the new EP.

• Hey there, I want to learn more about the band's use of "It's a Disaster" in "Needing/Getting." I've searched around the web and haven't found any info on the matter. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no real explanation, but I'd also like to discuss any theories! Thank you (:
  • Knifin said:

Hey there, I want to learn more about the band's use of "It's a Disaster" in "Needing/Getting." I've searched around the web and haven't found any info on the matter. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no real explanation, but I'd also like to discuss any theories! Thank you (:

Damian said that he had been working out one day with his ear buds in and the music from the room kept creeping in to what he was listening to. He said that he wanted to put that into a song. He used "It's a Disaster" to creep into "Needing/Getting" so that they wouldn't have to pay/get permission to use someone else's song.