In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• The band We Are Scientists has an advice column on their website, where peeps e-mail them questions. I think it would be cool if Ok Go had an advice column! Assuming the Ok Go lads actually had the free time and interest, who else agrees it would be cool to hear their advice for wayward people?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 2 2006, 07:48 AM)
    The band We Are Scientists has an advice column on their website, where peeps e-mail them questions. I think it would be cool if Ok Go had an advice column! Assuming the Ok Go lads actually had the free time and interest, who else agrees it would be cool to hear their advice for wayward people?

hahaha... that would be awesome!! i'd totally love to see that.
  • I'm so in love with the reviews on the W.A.S. site.
  • QUOTE (kickinshoes @ Apr 2 2006, 03:32 AM)
    Yeah... it's called "The Same Dream of Mr. Swifty Du Pont" and apparently involves sumo wrestlers and giant ferrets... at least that was a recent one. It was shown at a one-act festival in Chicago (in june of last year i'm guessing.) i bet his plays are way entertaining..

Hmm, I guess we were wrong about the serious drama thing.
  • I guess it's based on the dream Damian made him explain in the Grandpa Time podcast. He told me at the show that within the dream, everyone on earth had the same dream he did, so I guess that explains the title.

Hm, I say "I guess" and "explain" a lot..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 2 2006, 01:09 AM)
    Hm, I say "I guess" and "explain" a lot..

That's ok. I don't know about the other boardies, but Tempe needs a lot of stuff explained to her anyway.
  • ooooh... mysterious... and i bet he's written others too...

so, i was reading an old review of their self-titled cd and something caught my eye. it gave an official-sounding analysis of each song, then it said this: "'C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips' takes the catchy hand-clapping music toward the new direction of "girl band" (the fine female vocals are not credited here, alas)."

...poor Tim
  • QUOTE (kickinshoes @ Apr 2 2006, 01:30 AM)
    ooooh... mysterious... and i bet he's written others too...

so, i was reading an old review of their self-titled cd and something caught my eye. it gave an official-sounding analysis of each song, then it said this: "'C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips' takes the catchy hand-clapping music toward the new direction of "girl band" (the fine female vocals are not credited here, alas)."
    ...poor Tim

Lol! Aww, that's just terrible. People should do their research before they review an album!
  • aww..I feel bad for Tim..they thought he was a girl..he does have pretty high vocals on that song..but you can tell it's a dude.
  • Maybe he IS a girl....hahahaah biggrin.gif
  • He was previously employed by a circus as the travelling bearded lady.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 2 2006, 01:30 PM)
    Maybe he IS a girl....hahahaah biggrin.gif

I told you, no making accusations about my Timmy!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 2 2006, 04:32 PM)
    He was previously employed by a circus as the travelling bearded lady.

Is that true?

I hope not.
  • But is it out of the realm of possibilities?
  • Not when you're dealing with a Nordwind.
  • So true, so true.
  • QUOTE (kickinshoes @ Apr 2 2006, 04:30 AM)
    ...poor Tim

Oh, my God. Are you kidding? I really hate when people do that. Especially when it's listend on a review website. Seriously, it's not that difficult to find information like that, and it bothers me that people do reviews for sites and stuff and don't checks the facts. When they don't fact check and don't edit, that bothers me even more. Really people. You shouldn't be laxing on fact checks and grammar simply because what you write is online. It isn't hard to send your review to someone else and say, "Can you read this for me?" It's really not.

Sorry. I had to rant there.
  • I think we should become reviewers. We all have really good taste in music (obviously), and we care enough to learn about the band.
  • Although, we boardies maybe viewed as a little too biased.