In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Like how Ursula stole Ariel's voice in The Little Mermaid? With the crazy necklace?

..why do I know that...
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 11 2006, 11:36 PM)
    Yeah, I think the window is referenced in T's Song and he mentions gravel and glass in Return. It's so obvious to say it, but it must have been incredibly traumatic for his whole group of friends.

Oh, my God.

I'm gonna' cry the next time I hear "Return." I know I am.

Sorry. That song gets to me as it is.
  • Lol, exactly mixtape!

And yeah, that song almost makes me cry while I'm driving when it comes on my cd player in the car. So now I will be truly hopeless.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 12 2006, 12:03 AM)
    Oh, my God.

I'm gonna' cry the next time I hear "Return." I know I am.
    Sorry. That song gets to me as it is.

You and me both. That is so sad.
  • I'm crying now that I actually know the real meaning..thank you so much Kay..Now I'll definatly cry any time I hear it..it's so sad.
  • And speaking about songs..can anyone send me "letterbox" and " T's Song" plz..it would me so much to me.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Apr 13 2006, 05:47 PM)
    And speaking about songs..can anyone send me "letterbox" and " T's Song" plz..it would me so much to me.

Both are up at the NEW songs account.
    karmapointer@yahoo.com
    password: okgood
  • Oh..thank you so much..there's a lot of songs that haven't heard yet..I'm glad that there's a new account. thanks
  • BTW, I changed the avatar when I was bored. It's me, kind of.
  • I found some more info about Timory, sorry if it makes you guys cry again. unsure.gif

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=124642
  • Can I ask where you get this endless supply of OK Go information? I understand you get it from interviews and stuff but where do you find the interviews?
  • I just use the search on Google, Yahoo and Sympatico. I make sure to dig way in the back pages, though.
  • Errr, so, editing what I said before....because, yeah.....*nods head*
  • Hey guys, I know this info is out on the net and it's easy to access, but I don't know if you should be posting it on the forum. T's death was hard on a lot of people, and yes, we're fans of OK Go, but I don't think it's really necessary to discuss it here. I know you don't mean any harm by it, but I think it's diving a little too much into the personal lives of the guys.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 20 2006, 11:24 PM)
    Hey guys, I know this info is out on the net and it's easy to access, but I don't know if you should be posting it on the forum. T's death was hard on a lot of people, and yes, we're fans of OK Go, but I don't think it's really necessary to discuss it here. I know you don't mean any harm by it, but I think it's diving a little too much into the personal lives of the guys.

Errr, yeah, now that I think about it.........good point.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 20 2006, 11:24 PM)
    Hey guys, I know this info is out on the net and it's easy to access, but I don't know if you should be posting it on the forum. T's death was hard on a lot of people, and yes, we're fans of OK Go, but I don't think it's really necessary to discuss it here. I know you don't mean any harm by it, but I think it's diving a little too much into the personal lives of the guys.

Good call, Pam. I'm not going to pretend I was a fan when the T stuff went happened but it's easy to see she meant a lot to a bunch of people, and it should be left to those who were there for it.
  • Well said, Pam.
    Lately a lot of what's been said on the board has gotten out of hand with regards to the guys' personal lives. This discussion here, talk of making an icon of Rusty & his gf kissing on New Year's, etc... it's just stuff that doesn't need to be talked about in such a public place.
    It's true that we boardies are among the most devoted and true OK Go fans. Because of that, I think that we should take the lead in having respect for the guys' privacy.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Apr 20 2006, 11:37 PM)
    Well said, Pam.
    Lately a lot of what's been said on the board has gotten out of hand with regards to the guys' personal lives. This discussion here, talk of making an icon of Rusty & his gf kissing on New Year's, etc... it's just stuff that doesn't need to be talked about in such a public place.
    It's true that we boardies are among the most devoted and true OK Go fans. Because of that, I think that we should take the lead in having respect for the guys' privacy.

Yeah, I understand what you guys are saying. It's rather true, and I totally agree. *nods head again*
  • Yeay! It's nice to see that all the old boardies agree with me.

Speaking of that, I know that a lot of us who have been around a while have noticed that this forum reallly isn't the "OK Go" forum anymore, it's turned into chaos...

I (and others) don't even come here anymore because there's never anything OK Go-related (or you have to search through a million posts or comments just to find anything useful). Even this thread was supposed to be about info that newbies don't know, but someone would have to sift through tons of stuff just to find anything. Maybe we could move those convos to general discussion? It would be a lot easier on all of us.
  • I must agree. The super personal information about the boys needs to stop. We can be fans without delving into the depths of their personal lives. I know I wouldn't like it if people started posting about painful things in my past. You know?

And it would be nice if the bullshit stopped as well. It's great that you all love OK Go so much, but the random and pointless threads, and the threads that once had points but have been taken over and made ...pointless, don't do anything for the board. Honestly. It makes it so unenjoyable for me to come here and read stuff that I don't care about. Can we stick to the band, please? I mean, that's why I come here. Not to talk to my friends. That's what AIM is for.