In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Kikky @ May 15 2006, 08:17 PM)
    Do you have any idea the relevance of the logo? (Hornblow sounds familiar, but I can't place it..)

Hornblow is their management.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 16 2006, 06:20 PM)
    Hornblow is their management.

Ohhhhh. Then I'm pretty sure I did see that van on the 26th!

(Ha, my last three posts on this thread have all said like, the same thing.... huh.gif )
  • does anyone have a picture of tim with hair? just wondering. i imagine it would be like seeing a shaved cat: slightly grotesque but rather interesting.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ May 16 2006, 07:24 PM)
    does anyone have a picture of tim with hair? just wondering. i imagine it would be like seeing a shaved cat: slightly grotesque but rather interesting.

The pic on this post is the closest I've seen to him actually having hair.

So I guess that doesn't really answer your question, haha.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ May 16 2006, 06:24 PM)
    does anyone have a picture of tim with hair? just wondering. i imagine it would be like seeing a shaved cat: slightly grotesque but rather interesting.

its a small picture...but can kinda see his hair.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ May 16 2006, 09:05 PM)

its a small picture...but can kinda see his hair.

Whoooa. That's a waaaaaaaaaay old pic. Damian doesn't even look like himself!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 16 2006, 08:32 PM)

yah... but he still looks way hot in that picture. but then again damian always looks hot...even in his not so greatest moments (e.i. his mugshot)
  • Wow they look like mafiosas or secret agents. When is this pic from? Wherever did you find it?
  • I do enjoy them all having hair for once..haha
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 16 2006, 09:52 PM)
    Wow they look like mafiosas or secret agents. When is this pic from? Wherever did you find it?

i don't remember...i just remember i had a pic of them in my photobucket.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 16 2006, 08:32 PM)

Haha, he looks the way he did in Chic-a-go-go. Damn, I wish I was at home so I could watch my VHS!!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ May 16 2006, 11:19 PM)
    Haha, he looks the way he did in Chic-a-go-go. Damn, I wish I was at home so I could watch my VHS!!

i always wanted the chic-a-go-go, but i never bought it cause i dont' have a vcr anymore. all i have is a dvd player.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 16 2006, 10:52 PM)
    Wow they look like mafiosas or secret agents. When is this pic from? Wherever did you find it?

It's from their first feature in Velocity around 2000.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ May 17 2006, 12:19 AM)

*is jealous, wants a Chic-a-go-go VHS.... sad.gif *

(I still <3 you. smile.gif I don't really know what that has to do with wanting a VHS, haha, but I decided to say it anyway. smile.gif again.)
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ May 16 2006, 11:19 PM)

Is he wearing loose Levi's and a black sleeveless tee? With a strange SHORT haircut?

I haven't dug out Chic-a-go-go and danced along to that in AGES. I'll have to do that soon...
  • Ok, so what is this Velocity and Chic-a-go-go everyone's talking about?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 17 2006, 08:26 PM)
    Ok, so what is this Velocity and Chic-a-go-go everyone's talking about?

Velocity is a magazine and Chic-a-go-go is the local show where they first performed the C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips dance..
  • Chic-a-go-go is a public access show in Chicago. It's kind of a really weird kids version of Soul Train, that's the best way I know how to describe it.

http://www.roctober.com/chicagogo/index.html

They often have local bands perform, but they can't actually play instruments, so usually bands just lip-synch. The boys figured that if they were going to go on the show, they might as well go all the way and make up a dance. With the help of Damian's girlfriend (a former cheerleader), they created a dance to Cinnamon Lips which they performed on the show in August of 2000. The band used to sell a VHS of the episode at shows, up until March of 2005 I believe.

This is all based on memory, so please correct me if I've got something wrong.

Katy, you've seen it though, right? Check your messages.
  • Very thorough, Miss Pamela. If that were a final exam question, I'd give you full credit.

They also used to sell the VHS thru the website. I got mine in March or April of 05. Just in time, apparently.

However, Kulash said in an interview in November (it was in response to a question I'd submitted!), that they would include the Chic-a-go-go footage on a DVD, when and if they're ever able to make one (cause the label doesn't want to finance one, and doesn't want to release the rights to the songs and such if they boys wanted to do one on their own).
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ May 17 2006, 09:09 PM)
    Katy, you've seen it though, right? Check your messages.

Now I have, haha.

I had seen the "C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips" dance- I actually got to see it live at the first concert I went to in 3/05, but it was after Andy left the band. And I have a vid of it from live show. But it also is post-Andy Duncan.

QUOTE (poison @ May 17 2006, 09:31 PM)
    (cause the label doesn't want to finance one, and doesn't want to release the rights to the songs and such if they boys wanted to do one on their own).

mad.gif

I won't say bad things about labels, I won't say bad things about labels....