In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Shit wrong board

Nvm me Im just lost.... huh.gif
  • QUOTE (poison @ Apr 21 2006, 03:37 AM)
    Well said, Pam.
    Lately a lot of what's been said on the board has gotten out of hand with regards to the guys' personal lives. This discussion here, talk of making an icon of Rusty & his gf kissing on New Year's, etc... it's just stuff that doesn't need to be talked about in such a public place.
    It's true that we boardies are among the most devoted and true OK Go fans. Because of that, I think that we should take the lead in having respect for the guys' privacy.

Yeah. As much as I love the band, I feel awkward discussing things about their personal life. I wouldn't want people to do the same thing for me or discuss my friends' death. It's a completely different thing compared to discussing music or gigs.

Maybe I'm just babbling out of my ass.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 20 2006, 11:06 PM)
    I must agree. The super personal information about the boys needs to stop. We can be fans without delving into the depths of their personal lives. I know I wouldn't like it if people started posting about painful things in my past. You know?

And it would be nice if the bullshit stopped as well. It's great that you all love OK Go so much, but the random and pointless threads, and the threads that once had points but have been taken over and made ...pointless, don't do anything for the board. Honestly. It makes it so unenjoyable for me to come here and read stuff that I don't care about. Can we stick to the band, please? I mean, that's why I come here. Not to talk to my friends. That's what AIM is for.

I agree..we shouldn't be talking about their personal lives that much especially when it involves someone close who has passed on. And there has been a lot of bullshit on the threads. I look at a topic and say oh that looks interesting and then I look at the last posts and it has absolutly nothing to do with the topic..it makes you kinda feel left out and you can't talk about what we're all here to talk about..OK Go.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Apr 21 2006, 01:38 PM)
    And there has been a lot of bullshit on the threads. I look at a topic and say oh that looks interesting and then I look at the last posts and it has absolutly nothing to do with the topic..it makes you kinda feel left out and you can't talk about what we're all here to talk about..OK Go.

This is supposed to be the more intelligent board. All the b.s. is supposed to be done at JC. It's fun how we all get off topic. But lately, most of the theads have gotten way off topic, so much so that there's no going back to the original idea of the thread and the thread trails off into nothingness.
  • Ok Go does a show almost everyday, often in different states. For instance on May 11 they'll be in Missouri, but the very next day, they're doing a show all the way in PA. Or they'll be in TX one day, and the very next day they're in Arkansas. How do they get around? Do they have their own tour bus or van? Lol, when they fly, I wonder how that must be. Is it true that when the band first toured way back when, they used to do their own driving all across the country?
  • I would guess by bus? I do know that they flew for SXSW, but that might just be because it wasn't on a tour... so maybe they fly? Although wouldn't that get to expensive? My best guess is fancy shmancy bus.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 4 2006, 07:46 PM)
    Ok Go does a show almost everyday, often in different states. For instance on May 11 they'll be in Missouri, but the very next day, they're doing a show all the way in PA. Or they'll be in TX one day, and the very next day they're in Arkansas. How do they get around? Do they have their own tour bus or van? Lol, when they fly, I wonder how that must be. Is it true that when the band first toured way back when, they used to do their own driving all across the country?

Very good question!!!! We have proof that the boys fly a lot because I've seen pictures online of Damian in the airport, so that explains that. Tim told me personally that they have a bus now, but they used to have a van, which they all agreed sucked. The reason they have such a jumpy schedule is because of the tours they go on: sometimes they'll only be on tour for half the time and then switch to another, also, they do a lot of special appearences around the country, in which case they fly.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 4 2006, 06:46 PM)
    Ok Go does a show almost everyday, often in different states. For instance on May 11 they'll be in Missouri, but the very next day, they're doing a show all the way in PA. Or they'll be in TX one day, and the very next day they're in Arkansas. How do they get around? Do they have their own tour bus or van? Lol, when they fly, I wonder how that must be. Is it true that when the band first toured way back when, they used to do their own driving all across the country?

You're in luck. I took a picture of THE BUS. hehe.
    Well, Damian was walking across the street toward us as well, but that's beside the point.

You will not believe how much Karleigh and I screamed when we saw the buses(we had been looking for the venue and saw buses..made the connection and randomly freaked). The green one is the one OK Go was on. I'm not sure how exactly it was dispersed, but She Wants Revenge and The Lashes were on tour also. Dunno if they had the blue bus or share the green bus as well. They have different state license plates, so I'm thinking OK Go had their own. Just speculation though.

They do get around pretty quickly. On 5/8, they played in Austin and after talking to Ben(lead singer of the Lashes) the next day, they apparently arrived in Dallas at 8AM(it's a three hour trip too), after a full night of partying. I would imagine they have a driver of sorts, since you have to have a special Class license to even drive a bus.

Back in the day, they had a van, and did their own driving, yes. At one point, Milosh crashed it into a power pole in NY(or somewhere near there), knocking out the electricity for half a city and totalled the van. Thus ended that fun. (One of the many reasons I love Milosh, haha).
  • hmm, i guess the lashes get to stay in that uhaul between the two buses.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ May 15 2006, 12:59 AM)
    Back in the day, they had a van, and did their own driving, yes. At one point, Milosh crashed it into a power pole in NY(or somewhere near there), knocking out the electricity for half a city and totalled the van. Thus ended that fun. (One of the many reasons I love Milosh, haha).

I believe that was the slate-gray Dodge Magnum they drove for most of last year.
  • QUOTE (poison @ May 15 2006, 07:40 AM)
    I believe that was the slate-gray Dodge Magnum they drove for most of last year.

I concur.
  • QUOTE (poison @ May 15 2006, 07:40 AM)

He crashed that?! hahah, oh gosh.
    I remember a red or white ugly gigantor van-thing at one point, I originally suspected he had crashed it, because it disappeared randomly.

They go through so many vehicles, it's insane.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ May 15 2006, 12:12 PM)
    He crashed that?! hahah, oh gosh.
    I remember a red or white ugly gigantor van-thing at one point, I originally suspected he had crashed it, because it disappeared randomly.

They go through so many vehicles, it's insane.

Was it this van/truck [attachment=248:attachment]
    with this logo?[attachment=249:attachment]
  • QUOTE (poison @ May 15 2006, 07:40 PM)

Hey! I think that's the van I saw at the NoHo show in April!

I could totally be making that up.
  • QUOTE (poison @ May 15 2006, 06:40 PM)

I didn't see the logo, but that's one of the vans, yes!

After reviewing the "Do What You Want" video, I did notice this:

haha. That explains where I saw that now.

Do you have any idea the relevance of the logo? (Hornblow sounds familiar, but I can't place it..)
  • Poison, I CANNOT believe you posted that picture. I love you for it tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ May 15 2006, 07:54 PM)
    Poison, I CANNOT believe you posted that picture. I love you for it tongue.gif

I had to do a bit of cropping first. wink.gif
  • So that's their van?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ May 15 2006, 08:17 PM)
    After reviewing the "Do What You Want" video, I did notice this:

Ohhh. Maybe that's where I saw that van. *tries to remember really hard...*
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ May 15 2006, 05:17 PM)
    Do you have any idea the relevance of the logo? (Hornblow sounds familiar, but I can't place it..)

There's something so cute and carefree about a band that travels in a van with a funny logo. Reminds me of the Monkeemobile, the kick-ass red pontiac that the Monkees used to drive.

(P.S. I love my monkee men, so no one dare make fun of them, or Tempe will hurt you!)