In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (poison @ May 17 2006, 09:31 PM)
    Very thorough, Miss Pamela. If that were a final exam question, I'd give you full credit.

They also used to sell the VHS thru the website. I got mine in March or April of 05. Just in time, apparently.

However, Kulash said in an interview in November (it was in response to a question I'd submitted!), that they would include the Chic-a-go-go footage on a DVD, when and if they're ever able to make one (cause the label doesn't want to finance one, and doesn't want to release the rights to the songs and such if they boys wanted to do one on their own).

I'm glad you told me this because I was about to write an email to Pete asking him to sell me the VHS. Now I think I'll just wait.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 4 2006, 07:46 PM)
    Is it true that when the band first toured way back when, they used to do their own driving all across the country?

This is from a pretty recent interview I was just reading...

"The truth of the matter is that most of the time on the road we’re working. We do our own driving, and there are two vehicles, so there are always two of us driving."

Edit: Damian also sort of cryptically opens up about Track 14:

I know you’ll never reveal track 14 on Oh No.

DK: One day I will, but not right now.

If I give you three scenarios, can you choose one that’s the closest to the actual recording?

DK: I don’t know, maybe.

The first one is; Andy learning to ride a bike. The second one is Tim scuba diving for the first time. And the third one is Dan revealing a fetish with the Pillsbury Doughboy.

DK: Dan revealing a fetish with the Pillsbury Doughboy, is that what you said?

Yes.

DK: Oh, man. You’ve come really close. I’ll say that it’s not Tim that’s doing the scuba diving.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 20 2006, 05:59 PM)
    This is from a pretty recent interview I was just reading...

"The truth of the matter is that most of the time on the road we’re working. We do our own driving, and there are two vehicles, so there are always two of us driving."
    Edit: Damian also sort of cryptically opens up about Track 14:

I know you’ll never reveal track 14 on Oh No.

DK: One day I will, but not right now.

If I give you three scenarios, can you choose one that’s the closest to the actual recording?

DK: I don’t know, maybe.

The first one is; Andy learning to ride a bike. The second one is Tim scuba diving for the first time. And the third one is Dan revealing a fetish with the Pillsbury Doughboy.

DK: Dan revealing a fetish with the Pillsbury Doughboy, is that what you said?

Yes.

DK: Oh, man. You’ve come really close. I’ll say that it’s not Tim that’s doing the scuba diving.

I have read somewhere else that Damian would eventually reveal the secret, but that's not new.

They drive the tour buses????? I highly doubt that, you need a special license. Tim told me that they all sleep most of the time, but when one person wakes up and moves around, everyone wakes up.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 20 2006, 11:31 PM)
    They drive the tour buses????? I highly doubt that, you need a special license. Tim told me that they all sleep most of the time, but when one person wakes up and moves around, everyone wakes up.

Haha, that must suck.

I feel like the tour buses is a relatively recent thing, and that they've been using them for the big-ish tours with Panic! and SWR. I'm 99% sure I saw their van at the NoHo show.
  • In the blogs Andy mentions driving around, i think.

or maybe in those articles Damian wrote about the tour in Japan?

i dunno. but there was something along the lines of "one of the various guys that works with us made a deal with a car company where we drive around in their new vehicles and kinda test them out and stuff."
    except that's extremely in my own words.

so yeah, i think the tour buses are new, possibly just for high-prfoile tours and stuff. yeah.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 26 2006, 02:06 PM)
    so yeah, i think the tour buses are new, possibly just for high-prfoile tours and stuff. yeah.

That sounds right.
  • *bump*

All right, Newbies! If you have a question....crack at it here.....we'll be happy to answer. smile.gif

(Or just, you know, use the search function. wink.gif )
  • i started rereading this thread and the one about what did tim look like with hair made me laugh.

so just for everyone's viewing pleasure, i'm going to open up my secret stash of OK GO WEIRD HAIR PHOTOS!! AAAHHHH!!

tim WITH hair:

dan WITHOUT ANY hair:

damian looking awfully vanilla ice:

and looking pretty emo with his short dyed black hair:
    ...and earrings....

just sharing the wealth wink.gif

dont have any pictures of new andy at all (like, literally at all lol) but plenty o' pics of mr. duncan, although im not sure how many of you would be interested in those if you've only been around since andy version 2.0...
  • Oh..my god. I laughed so hard at some of those...I'm just going to tacklehug you right now as a thank you.
  • haha wow, i'm completely in awe of your secret stash of ok go photos. ohhh man.
    haha, i think the lady in the office next door heard me snort when i saw the 2nd one of Tim.
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 13 2006, 07:23 PM)

Tim with hair is WEIRD!!! OMG!!!

QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 13 2006, 07:23 PM)

HAHA, that's such a bad haircut.

QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 13 2006, 07:23 PM)

^^He looks like the love child of Cillian Murphy and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. No, seriously.

Thanks for sharing these! I'd love to see old pics of Andy, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people here would say the same thing.
  • those last two pics of damian are actually quite sexy. the tim pics are truly awful, lol. i can't stop laughing at how horrible they are.

^^He looks like the love child of Cillian Murphy and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. No, seriously.

lol i see it, i even see a little Dane Cook in there. maybe it's just his stance.
  • any time guys. any time biggrin.gif

gosh, i have lotsa old photos of the band and dont have any new pics at all really. have loads of photos pre-Oh No and nothing after.

maybe i can make a trade with some of ya? i have 56mb of pics of the boys on my hard drive right now that have maybe only 10 pics since Oh No has been released. These include promo shots, random photos.... basically anything featuring the boys and their occasional '5th members' (Ara and Burleigh) EDIT: ok that sounded so dirty to me for some reason, but i dont know what else to call them! you guys know what i mean anyway! haha, and concert photos taken by other people (my concert photos are a separate folder which is 330 mb from the 12 shows+ i brought my camera to, which i can also share if you guys want)

does anyone have a good collection of photos post-Oh No release? does anyone also have a place maybe where we can all upload photos and things to share? i wouldnt mind making a huge awesome collection of OK Go photos on the web.

i used to have a website with OK Go wallpapers, cover songs and other things i made (the C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips Fanlisting) but i stopped updating the site, stopped paying for it and as of about a week ago, no longer have a site.

i'm just sorta thinking out loud right now but i wouldnt mind organizing all my photos and helping create a site featuring just a massive collection of ok go photos if anyone has a lot of free web space they'd be willing to spare biggrin.gif
  • Wow! Lol, that pic of Tim on the staircase looks so 1960s! Thanks for posting them! I always wanted to know what Tim looked like with hair. Thanks for bumping this thread. Someone should have. I started it for a reason, for all the lovely newbies. Felt kind of wierd bumping my own thread though, so I'm glad jedi_grrlie did wink.gif
  • OMG
    Thanks so much for those pictures! LOL

In that first Damian pic, you can totally see what he's talking about comparing himself to Anthony Michael Hall. laugh.gif

I'd seen that Tim one (the second one) a month or so ago and was debating whether to post it or not cuz it's just ... so ... dorky ... I kept thinking about how I'd feel if my dorky old pictures ever wound up on the Internet. LOL Poor Tim.

Oh boy. Thanks again biggrin.gif

And I wholeheartedly agree about starting a pics site. There's an excellent Franz site just for pics (newscottishgentry.com), and I was thinking recently that there needs to be an OK Go one.
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 13 2006, 05:18 PM)
    i'm just sorta thinking out loud right now but i wouldnt mind organizing all my photos and helping create a site featuring just a massive collection of ok go photos if anyone has a lot of free web space they'd be willing to spare biggrin.gif

I'm an admin/content programmer over at http://www.buzznet.com (multimedia networking site)... as you can see, I have Ok Go featured on the homepage biggrin.gif Oh, anyway, to get to the point... if you'd like to put your photos/videos up in galleries there, I can comp your account so you have unlimited space. Normally is 120 photos a month. I don't know if thats what you're looking for, but I thought I'd present the option smile.gif

I've put up some photos I grabbed from this very board already... biggrin.gif If I have anything up that anyone wants credit for, let me know.

http://www.buzznet.com/tags/okgo
  • This thread is awesome from an uneducated OK Go fan perspective happy.gif Can you pin threads on these forums? Perhaps more educated fans could fill this thread with answers to commonly asked questions such as "Why are they called OK Go?" and "What is Track 14?" and maybe Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore could pin it to the top of the forum?

Just a suggestion. I think it'd make everyone's life much easier smile.gif
  • I freaked out when I saw those pictures. Tim's hair made him look like a clown. He looks so much better bald..
    Damian looks better with long hair; the short haircut makes him look gay.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Sep 14 2006, 08:49 AM)
    Damian looks better with long hair; the short haircut makes him look gay.

The sleeveless shirt and rhinestone belt don't help..
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 14 2006, 05:24 AM)
    This thread is awesome from an uneducated OK Go fan perspective happy.gif Can you pin threads on these forums? Perhaps more educated fans could fill this thread with answers to commonly asked questions such as "Why are they called OK Go?" and "What is Track 14?" and maybe Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore could pin it to the top of the forum?

Just a suggestion. I think it'd make everyone's life much easier smile.gif

Damn straight, God. You know what time it is! I started this thread, way back when, because I'm naturally shy and didn't think oldbies would like a newbie like me asking dumb questions. I also thought it would be great to have basic questions about the band organized into one thread. I was sad when this thread got buried. Thank goodness for the revival! Viva el thread!