In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Apr 4 2006, 12:22 AM)
    There's no such thing as kissing up to Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. You can never show him too much love.

It's true, you can't suck up to someone that awesome.
  • ...i hate to digress, but...

1. i downloaded the song "letterbox" from the yahoo account, and i was wondering: is that really damian singing? at first i thought it was, but then i heard him in the background. also, who is the "girl" (if that really is a girl) singing backup?

2. does anyone know who the song "return" was written for?
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Apr 11 2006, 09:46 PM)
    2. does anyone know who the song "return" was written for?

Damian's very, very close friend Timory was killed when she accidently fell through a third-story window. He's written a few songs for her, got a tattoo in her honour, and wears one of her rings on his pinkie finger.
  • wow! thanks for posting that! I never knew about those things. I was wondering why he had that ring on his pinky. I thought it was just royalty or something to match the style of what they were wearing...and jeez that's sad to know that she died from falling through a third-story window?? How did that happen??
  • Hey, no problem.
  • I didn't know about the pinky ring, thanks Kay.
  • I'm glad my summer vacation spent feverously reading ancient interviews was able to help you guys out.
  • We should make a thread of all their existing interviews.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Apr 11 2006, 07:46 PM)
    ...i hate to digress, but...

You're not digressing, untidytowns. I'm glad someone has brought this thread back to it's orignal topic. Great icon you have and very nice to meet you!

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 11 2006, 08:13 PM)
    We should make a thread of all their existing interviews.

That's a very very smashing idea! Somebody do it!
  • Kay should because she knows the most. I get all the interviews I have from her.
  • I would contribute fo' sho'...but I'm chronically lazy. As long as you guys help out, we could make it work.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 11 2006, 10:52 PM)
    Damian's very, very close friend Timory was killed when she accidently fell through a third-story window. He's written a few songs for her, got a tattoo in her honour, and wears one of her rings on his pinkie finger.

Oh, my God.

I knew that she died very young, but I didn't know she fell through a third story window. Oh, my God. That's so sad.
  • Yeah, I think the window is referenced in T's Song and he mentions gravel and glass in Return. It's so obvious to say it, but it must have been incredibly traumatic for his whole group of friends.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 11 2006, 08:28 PM)
    I would contribute fo' sho'...but I'm chronically lazy. As long as you guys help out, we could make it work.

Must I be a cheerleader? Do It! Do It! Do It! Make a thread of old obscure interviews! Come on, you'll be contributing so much to this website that I bet J O R G E would love you forever!
  • I promise I'll do something constructive toward this tomorrow. Prroomise, pinky-sweared and locked with a thumb wrestle.

But right now I'm actually supposed to be doing a formal lab write-up..
  • As a fellow person trapped into doing science, I totally feel for you. So get your work done first, then I'll whine to you about an obscure interview thread later. smile.gif
  • Why would the impending Easter holiday, a time of candy and bunnies, twist teachers into being so cruel and spewing out every mindless assignment they can think of?
  • The very notion of cute bunnies, sweet candy, and happy families is a sickening thought to any teacher.
  • This is very true. However, one would think my science teacher could bring himself to be a little more lighthearted considering his voice is identical to Kermit the frog's.
  • How do you know he didn't kidnap Kermit to get that voice?