In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• I made this shirt for the show I went to on Monday. Damian and Tim liked it smile.gif and Tim signed the back in pretty large letters, so now I figured it serves a better purpose as a wall fixture than an article of clothing.

• QUOTE (mmmary @ Mar 2 2007, 05:37 AM)
    I made this shirt for the show I went to on Monday. Damian and Tim liked it smile.gif and Tim signed the back in pretty large letters, so now I figured it serves a better purpose as a wall fixture than an article of clothing.

haha that's so cool! What did you use to make the shirt? I'm going to make on, and I want to know what'll work best.
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 2 2007, 06:16 AM)
    haha that's so cool! What did you use to make the shirt? I'm going to make on, and I want to know what'll work best.

I used this acetate sticky plastic stuff (I couldn't find it ANYWHERE, but I found it at Home Depot after like 2 weeks of searching. It was $5 for a giant roll.) I drew up the design and made copies of it so I didn't screw up my template and used a copy to trace it onto a piece of the plastic stuff using an exacto knife. So after I had the places cut out where I wanted paint to go, I mixed some acrylic paint with some fabric paint medium (you can find it at like any craft store). Then I peeled the sticky plastic off of the backing, I stuck it on the shirt so it was like a stencil. Then I just painted over it. It took like 3 or 4 thick coats of paint, because for some reason it wasn't going on too solidly. I let dry for like... 4.5 hours (I did it at 2am the day of the concert and had to be out of the door at 6:30) and carefully peeled off the plastic.

and voila, rockenspiel.

I had some problems with the paint bleeding under the sticky plastic, so make sure that you press down on the stencil really hard. This was my first time doing anything of this sort, and I think it turned out pretty well.
    It's not that hard, a little time consuming, but good results.
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Mar 3 2007, 06:32 AM)
    I used this acetate sticky plastic stuff (I couldn't find it ANYWHERE, but I found it at Home Depot after like 2 weeks of searching. It was $5 for a giant roll.) I drew up the design and made copies of it so I didn't screw up my template and used a copy to trace it onto a piece of the plastic stuff using an exacto knife. So after I had the places cut out where I wanted paint to go, I mixed some acrylic paint with some fabric paint medium (you can find it at like any craft store). Then I peeled the sticky plastic off of the backing, I stuck it on the shirt so it was like a stencil. Then I just painted over it. It took like 3 or 4 thick coats of paint, because for some reason it wasn't going on too solidly. I let dry for like... 4.5 hours (I did it at 2am the day of the concert and had to be out of the door at 6:30) and carefully peeled off the plastic.

and voila, rockenspiel.

I had some problems with the paint bleeding under the sticky plastic, so make sure that you press down on the stencil really hard. This was my first time doing anything of this sort, and I think it turned out pretty well.
    It's not that hard, a little time consuming, but good results.

Thanks so much! laugh.gif
  • If writing is an art form, here's the story I wrote when we were "journaling" in English:

Damian the Elephant
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Mar 3 2007, 03:09 PM)
    If writing is an art form, here's the story I wrote when we were "journaling" in English:

Damian the Elephant

You have a gift!
  • Thank you. So do you. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Mar 3 2007, 03:22 PM)
    Thank you. So do you. smile.gif

thanks laugh.gif

My badges. smile.gif

Three of them have since been signed - I still gotta get Tim to sign his.
  • I have been thinking about what animals OK Go would be after the elephant story, so I drew this.

I also drew this little comic. I hate how Andy's ears look when he's pulling on them. It makes him look like a rabbit. sad.gif
  • Hahahha!
    That's sooo cool tongue.gif

And I agree with you on Damian as a Dog and Dan as a Bear... not sure about Tim the lizard tho, i dunno why... Lizards seem to calculating for Tim, maybe? I'm still thinking about Andy.
  • I didn't really think Tim was a lizard either, but I can't think of anything else for him! If you have any suggestions, please tell me.
  • Bald eagle = Tim.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Mar 3 2007, 06:01 PM)
    Bald eagle = Tim.

YES!!
    You're brilliant.
  • You're brilliant as well. smile.gif

And kind of an earthworm too, but you must draw it a slight mustache.
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 3 2007, 05:18 PM)
    I also drew this little comic. I hate how Andy's ears look when he's pulling on them. It makes him look like a rabbit. sad.gif

I love this so much!

I've always though of Andy as more of a puppy. Every time I hear him sing "You used to say I was the cutest little puppy every time you look in my eyes" I always find myself thinking "You are the cutest little puppy, you are!"
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 3 2007, 11:59 AM)
    I love this so much!

I've always though of Andy as more of a puppy. Every time I hear him sing "You used to say I was the cutest little puppy every time you look in my eyes" I always find myself thinking "You are the cutest little puppy, you are!"

Me too! I think Andy looks more as a puppy than Damian. Damian should be the cat. A meerkat. laugh.gif

• Well, here's Andy as a dog. I didn't know how to turn Damian into a meercat, so I just turned him into a cat (and a miscivous one at that). I'll get to work on turning Tim into a bald eagle soon.
  • The sad one is SOO Andy! You captured his sweet innocence beautifuly!

Part of a gift that's being made for Sir ARR.