In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• QUOTE (Kikky @ Apr 17 2006, 03:09 PM)
    I wanted him to have a look of "What the hell, I'm an egg now?" hahaha.

If you look at the upside broken egg of Damian's head, his eyebrows give off the "Let's both call out my name as we're having sex!" look, with that smug grin and everything. hehehe.

QUOTE (e 5170a @ May 3 2006, 04:11 PM)
    haha i really like your design. even without eyes/noses/mouths...it looks super cute.

Kikky!! You're great!!!!! smile.gif
  • Aww thank you! So are you! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 8 2006, 11:38 PM)
    So I know the artwork is already in another thread, but clicking on "Damian is hot" repeatedly doesn't appeal to me. So I'm throwing them on here.

Damian eating a roach broach.

Early idea for a short comic loosely based on Damian's cat and ARoss looking for world domination:
    [

(Took out the images so my post wouldn't be so long....)

DAMIAN WILL NOT BE EATING ROACHIE!!!! (Nevertheless that pic is adorable) But, that cartoon manga sketch kills me. It's just too cute and hillarious!!!! It's so anime. Lol! My fav part is the Kulash finding his kitty is a tv star. I love the scream "KITTY!" Lol, where do you come up with this great stuff, Kikky? You are such a good artist.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 9 2006, 11:12 PM)
    (Took out the images so my post wouldn't be so long....)

DAMIAN WILL NOT BE EATING ROACHIE!!!! (Nevertheless that pic is adorable) But, that cartoon manga sketch kills me. It's just too cute and hillarious!!!! It's so anime. Lol! My fav part is the Kulash finding his kitty is a tv star. I love the scream "KITTY!" Lol, where do you come up with this great stuff, Kikky? You are such a good artist.

aww thank you, my dear Rose. biggrin.gif
    I'm working on a pic of Damian not eating roachie as we speak, have no fear!

(This is me halfway complaining to myself while addressing everyone:) While I'm totally okay drawing anime and chibi versions of people, I've come to realize it's ALL I can draw. Any attempts at portraits come out anime eyed and wacky, it's soooo bothersome. But at the same time, I'm at least glad something halfway decent is ending up on the paper(it really irritates me that I have all these great image ideas in my head and I can't draw them out!!! sad.gif ). Since it makes you guys laugh, I'm okay continuing drawing this style, but if ever there comes the day you request a non-cartoony style, or some really specific crazy scenario, I'll have to point out that I'm only a half-artist(or so that's how I feel) and my ability isn't going to be to your expectations and the result will probably end up rather cheesy.

That being said, to answer your question Rose, I get most of my ideas from discussions on the board or with fellow boardies. So, while I welcome everyone throwing ideas for pictures out there, I can't promise I can draw them...so, everyone start suggesting things and we'll see how it goes from there! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 9 2006, 09:12 PM)
    Oooh, I was looking into getting an Intuos. Have you found anything you don't like about it so far?

no. it is absolutely wonderful.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 10 2006, 03:51 AM)
    While I'm totally okay drawing anime and chibi versions of people, I've come to realize it's ALL I can draw. Any attempts at portraits come out anime eyed and wacky, it's soooo bothersome.

NO WAY!!! Your drawing is amazing and I love. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 10 2006, 03:51 AM)
    That being said, to answer your question Rose, I get most of my ideas from discussions on the board or with fellow boardies. So, while I welcome everyone throwing ideas for pictures out there, I can't promise I can draw them...so, everyone start suggesting things and we'll see how it goes from there! laugh.gif

Hey Kikky, could you please draw Rusty wearing nerdy glasses??

Yes, it's a fetish thing, you know. If I can't see real Rusty with glasses on, an drawed one is good enough for me!
    Thanks!

laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 9 2006, 06:38 AM)
    So I know the artwork is already in another thread, but clicking on "Damian is hot" repeatedly doesn't appeal to me. So I'm throwing them on here.

Damian eating a roach broach.

Early idea for a short comic loosely based on Damian's cat and ARoss looking for world domination:

i was not forced at all to coment on these....

they are rather good kicks
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 13 2006, 10:53 AM)
    i was not forced at all to coment on these....
    they are rather good kicks

haha, hey, technically I asked for your opinion, no forcing involved. tongue.gif

And thank you. laugh.gif
  • oh my, those are great.

the comic was awesome, ...i laughed quietly to my self in the computer lab as i got many a stare... cool.gif
  • Kikky,

Rusty in nerdy glasses, please!

smile.gif smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Marianna @ Nov 13 2006, 07:29 PM)
    Kikky,

Rusty in nerdy glasses, please!

smile.gif smile.gif

Working on it now! laugh.gif
  • I think it's quite tricky but I tried to make some Southpark style Ok Go members... does this look like Andy, at least a little bit? *hopes*

tim. oh well, it doesn't really look like him, I know...but there aren't that many possibilities to create the pics... tongue.gif
  • My friend and I made tiles for the guys, as our own audio blog- something square. I made Tim and Dan's tiles, she made Damian and Andy's

[attachment=273:attachment]

It bugs me- there is a white spot on it! But I painted the whole thing with 2 coats. It wasn't like that the whole time, but the top glaze is on there, so I dunno what happened. Sorry, Dan!

[attachment=274:attachment]

Tim's. His ended up decent. I just hope that he doesn't mind orange, and that Dan doesn't mind purple. Otherwise, I'm sure they are in the trash somewhere (haha, jk. I know they wouldn't do that. But still. I hope those aren't their most hated colors. That would be a real pitty)

[attachment=275:attachment]

This was Tim's original tile. I had worked so long on it and was getting ready to put on the top glaze that morning in class. I set the tile on the table and as I stood up, my dance bag slipped off my shoulder and landed BAM! Spot on. If only it had been over a few inches... So, I had to rush the week before the concert to make a new one for him. Now I'm kinda behind on all the other projects in class, but I don't care. It was worth it. Now I'm making a ping pong mug- it's kinda in the shape of a ball, and then the handle is going to be a curved paddle. And on the side I'm going to etch in "Ping pong- Relent not, lest ye be trampled and left for dead". I've also drawn a few cartoony things of the band all together. But I don't have them on my computer. Right now I'm working in my painting class on that pic from the DVD/CD for OK Go ringtones, with Damian and the phone. I'm having quite a bit of fun!
  • Wow, ushies, you are very very talented! How did the lads react to your tiles?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 18 2006, 07:05 AM)
    Wow, ushies, you are very very talented! How did the lads react to your tiles?

Well, we didn't get to see them with the tiles themselves because we had them wrapped in colored tissue paper and put them in these spiffy little boxes so that through the concert they hopefully wouldn't break (didn't want a replay of that first tile!). Then after the show Damian, Tim, and Andy all ran and hid inside the tour bus and never came out... I don't understand why not. They come out at all the other shows. And there were only 10 of us out there, tops. But Dan came out biggrin.gif and made me happy. So I kinda met with him briefly and then after he met the few of us standing there it looked as though he was gonna run off, so I went up and told him how we had come up with our own audiblog and that there was something for each of them in the boxes. He just said "Oh, cool! Thanks so much!" and went off. And he didn't go back into the bus right away either. He went back into the theatre to grab a few things, he said, so I'm sure if my parents hadn't shown up so soon after that and he had gone back in, then we may have gotten to meet at least one of the other guys, to thank us or something. But, that didn't happen. Pry about 3 minutes after I handed off the boxes my parents pulled up tongue.gif I hope they are enjoying them though. And I hope they wont be breaking too soon.
  • Those tiles are cool! And the mug sounds really cool. I love the inclusion of the quote biggrin.gif

That's too bad about not meeting the rest of the guys sad.gif sad.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 18 2006, 07:39 AM)
    Those tiles are cool! And the mug sounds really cool. I love the inclusion of the quote biggrin.gif

That's too bad about not meeting the rest of the guys sad.gif sad.gif

Yeah. It was very depressing at first. But then of course after a while we firgured "Heck, we just got to meet THE Dan! That's fantastic!" (and he's so incredibly nice). But we had been planning out what we were going to say to each of them. And we were so sure that we'd meet most, if not all of them just because they seem to come out and meet people after every show. For some reason they don't like Portland. My theory is Damian was giving us all the cold shoulder because everyone clapped and shrieked when he announced "this next song is about a really good friend who lives here. Or... used to live here" and then he started to play "Return". I feel so bad. Had I known, I pry just woulda felt sad. But we didn't know what he was gonna play. And I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with it, but still. I can't help but dwell upon that. I'm sorry, Damian. Forgive the ignorance of your audience that night!
    I'm determined to meet them next time they come around though. Whenever that may be. Gonna bring them some home cooked goodies, because I hear they like that sort of stuff
  • That they do.

Nah, I doubt that had anything to do with it (besides, how could he blame people for not being psychic about the song); I get the impression they are not hanging with fans nearly as much on this tour as in the past, which is sad, but I guess their prerogative. sad.gif When I asked Dan last Thurs. in Chicago after the show whether the other guys would be coming to talk too, he said right away, "I don't think so," in a very discouraging tone. I had the distinct impression he was indicating they wouldn't the next night either ... and that's what motivated me (along with missing the Best Buy in-store) to write the note I gave to Damian during the show on Friday.

I don't suggest everyone start a note-writing campaign at the shows, however. I don't want to be blamed for it. laugh.gif

Btw, Dan also said, "I always do" about coming out and talking--made it sound like he has no plans of changing that, at least at this juncture ...