In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• QUOTE (jadedsurprises @ May 4 2006, 06:57 PM)
    Those are awesome! Clearly I'm a newbie to the boards, so can you explain the above quotation to me? Thanks!

Cityzen: Well it sounds like you guys really have it nailed. How then did you come up with the name for your band?

Damian: Tim and I, when we were twelve, we had this art teacher at this summer camp. Now art teachers, you don’t expect to be of the highest caliber, but this guy was a 19-year-old, stoned, hairy dude – he never showered – he was qualified to do art because he was always in touch with the sublime. So you’d be drawing a still life or something, and he’d lean over you while you were drawing and he’d watch you draw for 3 or 4 minutes, just kind of silent going “ok, alright” sometimes. Then, at some point, he’d be like, “Dude….I want you to like…reach out of you…to where that bottle is…and touch that bottle…and then I want you to reach into you…to where before the paper was…and then you need to draw the difference.” And we’re twelve, so I’m stretching it to not draw an airplane or a girl in a bikini, but I’ll give it a shot, man.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 4 2006, 04:02 PM)
    Damian: Tim and I, when we were twelve, we had this art teacher at this summer camp. Now art teachers, you don’t expect to be of the highest caliber, but this guy was a 19-year-old, stoned, hairy dude – he never showered – he was qualified to do art because he was always in touch with the sublime. So you’d be drawing a still life or something, and he’d lean over you while you were drawing and he’d watch you draw for 3 or 4 minutes, just kind of silent going “ok, alright” sometimes. Then, at some point, he’d be like, “Dude….I want you to like…reach out of you…to where that bottle is…and touch that bottle…and then I want you to reach into you…to where before the paper was…and then you need to draw the difference.” And we’re twelve, so I’m stretching it to not draw an airplane or a girl in a bikini, but I’ll give it a shot, man.

Lol, I was too shy to ask what that quote meant. I'm glad somebody did. Ah, I love burned out hippies. It's so much fun to mess with their heads man.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 4 2006, 07:02 PM)
    Cityzen: Well it sounds like you guys really have it nailed. How then did you come up with the name for your band?

Fantastic...thank you very much smile.gif
  • No problem.
  • Hee, I'm glad my shirt has inspired such discussion. biggrin.gif
  • all of this stuff is awesome. i wish i was a good artist!
  • Nah, I bet you're a great artist! Nobody can beat Kikky's art. But she's inspired us to try, tee hee. Welcome to the board!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 11 2006, 02:44 PM)
    Nah, I bet you're a great artist! Nobody can beat Kikky's art. But she's inspired us to try, tee hee. Welcome to the board!

hahah, I do inspire you all to try, mostly because I believe a lot of you can surpass me. Although, Tempe gets a hug for flattering me and making me grin like a kid in a candy store: *hugs!* laugh.gif

We do need more OK Go artwork though. Everyone start drawing!!! biggrin.gif
  • Hahaha, I guess my signature counts. It's me and Damian. *loserrr*
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 11 2006, 09:14 PM)
    Hahaha, I guess my signature counts. It's me and Damian. *loserrr*

I like it! The first time I saw it I figured it was Damian, cause of the hair. biggrin.gif
    Exactly how many posters DO you have around your bed?
  • Since I'm REALLY bored, I just ran upstairs and counted. Fifteen, apparently!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 11 2006, 09:26 PM)
    Since I'm REALLY bored, I just ran upstairs and counted. Fifteen, apparently!

You are now my idol. I aim to be like you one day . biggrin.gif
  • Bahaha, oh god. You must have very low expectations for yourself.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 11 2006, 10:04 PM)
    Bahaha, oh god. You must have very low expectations for yourself.

You know me all too well. I am the epitome of low expectations.
  • You're not a loser, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!
  • This is a picture of Damian that I did in paint:

I planned on doing the others, but it's not working out so well.
  • wow... that's really good.

especially for paint.

I'm in awe.
  • Thanks!
    When I get bored I try to draw things in paint.
  • Yeah that's awesome...especially for paint. Nice job. I've tried to draw him by hand but I'm not good at shading. I need to start drawing some more. I wanna see what you could do with photoshop.
  • I concur, that was a pretty amazing drawing.