In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Wow, thank you so so so much for typing all that out Rachel!!
  • ok, i just found this: i think there is a lot missing and maybe you've seen it but here's the link to that Fuse show...

http://fuse.tv/tv/videosthatrock/video.php

having watched it... several reasons why i loved it:

1. The repeat on Damians almost- fall ...
    2. Tims laugh, sounds great
    3. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, simply as it is.
  • That was awesome! I wish it had the whole thing. My favorite thing is the caption for one of the clips. "Treadmills are dangerous and they scared the Timothy Nordwind."

What are they talking about? NOTHING can scare the Timothy Nordwind. He's amazing like that.

I also just love Trish. She's so amazing.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Dec 5 2007, 11:41 AM)
    ok, i just found this: i think there is a lot missing and maybe you've seen it but here's the link to that Fuse show...

http://fuse.tv/tv/videosthatrock/video.php

having watched it... several reasons why i loved it:

1. The repeat on Damians almost- fall ...
    2. Tims laugh, sounds great
    3. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, simply as it is.

Thankie Thankie Thankie, mayo! It's cool to see Ok Go's manager. An important face behind the name who we never really get to see.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 3 2007, 11:19 AM)
    Trish: So, we got about 15 takes and of those 2 of them were kind of good enough and we had to decide. One of the takes was cleaner than the other, but the most magical take of all, it was just like crisp and clean from the start, and they went for it and everybody was perfect, and about 4 seconds from the end Damian screwed up.
    Record scratching, sad sad chords playing
    Damian: During the so-called "Jamiroquai" move, you can see me like, I start to trip. And that was my move. The ice skating is everyone's move, I mean, everyone enjoys the ice skating, you know? But it was like the "Jamiroquai" was one that I felt particularly invested in. And of course, in the final take, I was the one who screwed it up. You know? I was going for just a little extra slide, you know? Little extra Panache. And whaddaya know, I just get, screw up.
    Trish: And he was so angry he kicked a hole in one of the treadmills right after that. And they never found it, luckily, when we returned them.

when does he screw up? ...i've looked carefully at the video and i can't see it... oh well, i suppose it doesn't matter...

anyway thanks for trancribing it... i can't get fuse cause i'm in australia, and as far as i know you can't get fuse in australia, and even if you can, i don't have it.... so, thanks... smile.gif

EDIT: ahh, i din't see your post mayo... thankyou too... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
  • THANK YOU MAYO! Hehe they had the ping pong picture on there with Damian and Rusty. <3
  • I meant to post about this last week, but it wasn't that important, so I forgot and I just remembered now. On Last Call last week (I think is was the 12th), Carson was playing HIGA on Rock Band. I only know this because my sister was flipping through the channels and heard the song. I'm pretty sure we were the only people to see it because no one watches his show, especially after he crossed the picket line.

I just checked on Youtube and there's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRmuF3r0Pz8

Start watching at around 2:20.
  • Wow that guy is so pro at it. This makes me want to play Rock Band even more!
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Dec 18 2007, 03:22 AM)
    Wow that guy is so pro at it. This makes me want to play Rock Band even more!

I KNOW ME TOO!! I wonder what instrument I would play.........lol.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 18 2007, 12:57 AM)
    especially after he crossed the picket line.

booooo to him! mad.gif He gets the Seinfeld finger-wag of shame- "very bad man! very bad man!"
  • i heard ok go songs in two different movies today... first i was watching a movie ....and suddenly a good idea at the time started playing... i became quite excited by this... ok go is good anytime.. my sister didn't see this and started looking at me weirdly... then i was watching a movie and do what you want started playing... you know what happened next... two times in one day...! this makes me happy... smile.gif

i choose not to tell you what the movies were because they are so embarassing... but my sister was watching them and i was so bored that i decided to watch them...

EDIT: does anybody else think that this post makes me sound stupid...?
  • Smeja, you sound awesome!
    And now I'm really curious- pleasy tell the movies!
    I watch stupid things all the time. I often watch the most horrible show in existence, "Ghost Whisperer." And Jennifer Love Hewitt is the worst actor I've ever seen. I watch b/c there's nothing else on tv at that time slot and I always seem to just want to sit in front of the tv at that time in the evening.
  • okay... i'll tell you, but i would have never watched these movies if my sister wasn't watching them already... it's the summer holidays and i'm getting to that stage where i am really bored because i have nothing to do....

1. In The Land Of Women (what sort of title is that...? don't bother watching it... it sucks... but it does get points for having ok go in it..)
    2. Stick It (this movie amuses me... laugh.gif)

ha... i watch that ghost whisperer show occassionally... i agree, jennifer love hewitt is a crappy actor laugh.gif
  • Ooooh! In the Land of Women. I actually wanted to see that, but I guess it wasn't good. LOL The girl in there is going to be in the movie adaptation of Twilight...
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Jan 6 2008, 06:42 PM)
    The girl in there is going to be in the movie adaptation of Twilight...

Wow! There's going to be a movie adaptation of "Twilight"? I sort of "know" the woman who wrote that book. I met her at an Ok Go concert and exchanged pictures with her. She is a fellow Arizonian.
  • Yeah! And Robert Pattinson (the late Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter) is going to play Edward. =D

and by the way, Tempe, I'm still jealous that you got to meet Stephenie Meyer. hehe
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Jan 7 2008, 12:42 PM)
    Ooooh! In the Land of Women. I actually wanted to see that, but I guess it wasn't good. LOL The girl in there is going to be in the movie adaptation of Twilight...

it's not that bad... but not my type of movie... wink.gif

what's twilight??
  • It's a bestseller about vampires and romance. I know. it doesnt sound very good. but you have to read it to see how good it is. I didn't want to read it at first.
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Jan 6 2008, 07:42 PM)
    okay... i'll tell you, but i would have never watched these movies if my sister wasn't watching them already... it's the summer holidays and i'm getting to that stage where i am really bored because i have nothing to do....

1. In The Land Of Women (what sort of title is that...? don't bother watching it... it sucks... but it does get points for having ok go in it..)
    2. Stick It (this movie amuses me... laugh.gif)

ha... i watch that ghost whisperer show occassionally... i agree, jennifer love hewitt is a crappy actor laugh.gif

oo, thanks, Smeja! I haven't seen either of those. They don't sound like my type of movie either- I mostly watch comedy. But oh, wow, looking at this wiki, they had gymnast doubles. That is so weird- "here's what I'd look like if I were flexible." I think OK Go in these movies makes the perfect "what is your reaction?" question to Damian.

That whole vampires and romance idea reminds me of Moonlight, which is about a vampire detective. On the surface, a vampire detective sounds like a stupid plot, but hahaha, the acting beats out Hewitt so it's almost believable.

It's so cool that you're on summer break and I'm in the middle of winter. If I had a million dollars, I think I'd just travel to the places that had the best weather in every given month.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 7 2008, 02:23 PM)
    It's so cool that you're on summer break and I'm in the middle of winter. If I had a million dollars, I think I'd just travel to the places that had the best weather in every given month.

i'd like to do that too... although, this years summer weather hasn't been very typical of australia... it's been raining the last week (where i am anyway), but it stopped two days ago so i'm happy... the sun is good..

does it snow where you are (any of you, really)? it never snows here... which saddens me... like in all the american christmas movies it's snowing and everybody is wearing coats and stuff... if you're wearing a coat on christmas day in australia you are seriously stupid... tongue.gif ...it's usually really hot on christmas....

anyway, i'll stop talking about the weather now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDExqBXKw4k << a trailer for stick it... do what you want starts playing at around 1:15... the movie sort of sucked, but for some reason i sort of liked it... which is highly embarassing... laugh.gif

"it's not called gym-nice-tics" ...one of the stupidest quotes ever...