In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Oh darn. I missed it! My friend told me that once, and I realllly wanted to see.
  • My sister showed it to me online.
    You can watch it Here
    The episode is called "The Radio"
    I think you can see it around 20:20 and later in the show.
    smile.gif
  • oh thanks!
  • So, ages ago I talked about OK Go hosting that TV show in Austria if anyone remembers and I got it taped by a friend as I don't get that channel and now, with my new TV I thought I might try record it with my mobile (I need a real camera) and this is like the beginning... (audio is better after the first few seconds, but it's not that easy to understand...)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v357/mal...nt=MOV00008.flv

I'll try again now, to record the whole thing and maybe put it on youtube.

it's "hosted by..." from that Austrian channel GO TV and Damian got an hour full of his choice of music videos and he talks a lot. It's I think about a year old, but still cool to watch.

*Edit 1: I just filmed every part Damian talks in and I only got the beginning, my mobile is weird, try again tomorrow, it's too late now sad.gif
    *Edit 2: Even if I had more than just this beginning, youtube won't let me upload just now...
  • I wish Damian actually said the whole thing in German. That would be so confusing but yet so awesome! FTW!

ahh too much Nerdfighters for me...
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Mar 20 2008, 06:54 AM)
    I wish Damian actually said the whole thing in German. That would be so confusing but yet so awesome! FTW!

ahh too much Nerdfighters for me...

it would be so weird... so awesome! biggrin.gif
  • So I posted these links on the Jonesy's Jukebox thread, but decided to post them here as well.

Feel free to spread the word on these interviews, I think they're only up there for 7 days or 100 downloads, whichever is reached first.

February 14, 2008
    http://download.yousendit.com/1709A97909FD1A43

March 17, 2008
    http://download.yousendit.com/341552BD6CC04E0A

Enjoy! biggrin.gif
  • 'A Good Idea At the Time' plays during the first half of a trailer for 'Baby Mama' (new movie with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler) smile.gifsmile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Apr 1 2008, 02:22 PM)
    'A Good Idea At the Time' plays during the first half of a trailer for 'Baby Mama' (new movie with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler) smile.gifsmile.gif

Oh my gosh!!! I literally just like 2 seconds ago saw that commerical. I gasped and started squelling when I heard the music start, lol.
  • ^^ Eugh, that's disgusting! Didn't OK Go say that they didn't want the treadmills to be used again, because it's been done now?
    That really grates on my nerves.
  • I WANT TO KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or my room mate. She just took the companies side. LIke I can see that yeah its cool and it kinda makes sense with the product but that just pisses me off.
  • it kinda makes sense with the product? I think it kinda makes sense with every product simply because the idea is great, it has nothing to do with the product. God, this is stupid, I mean they could've given one of those guys red pants as well, can't be any more obvious...stupid stupid stupid (I should learn some curses, ha)
  • what the fuck.
    i don't even know what that product is and even if it works i'd never use it. hope that they fail at everything and those people never get work as "actors" again.
  • Hey I'm just trying not to explode. It made me way mad. Seriously I almost punched my room mate.
  • Well...remember that Australian commercial with I think carriages or something? And it turned out that they had actually talked to OK Go and got some input- that makes me wonder if these ppl had talked to OK Go too. And if they didn't, bleh.
  • *shudder* Im trying really hard not to curse right now, I think ill vomit instead tongue.gif
  • Come on, it's not that bad. OK Go did it first, and they'll always be first, and everyone knows it.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 7 2008, 09:45 PM)
    Come on, it's not that bad. OK Go did it first, and they'll always be first, and everyone knows it.

I happen to agree. It's a rip-off, clearly, but not worth vomiting over. I sent it to Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore and if the guys want to do something about it they will.
  • GET YOUR OWN IDEAS BEROCCA!!

But seriously, don't these companies have like, huge teams of advertising and marketing people to come up with original stuff?