In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• this is bullshit, big brother is the biggest peice of shit on uk tv#tv

HOW DARE THEY do this to the treadmill dance..
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 24 2008, 03:11 PM)

WHAT?? mad.gif

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 25 2008, 02:58 PM)
    this is bullshit, big brother is the biggest peice of shit on uk tv#tv

Agreed. I don't think I could bring myself to watch BB, even for OK Go... Eurgh. Hope they fail.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 25 2008, 02:58 PM)
    this is bullshit, big brother is the biggest peice of shit on uk tv#tv

what?? big brother is STILL ON in the UK?neverending story...here they tried until the 4th edition...thank God it wasn't really sucessfull
  • yes sadly its still going

i hope they fail, i hope they fail badly

i forever hate you now BB for this, i hope your happy. you are now the brendon benson and IKEA of TV shows
  • idiot presenter #2: ive tried some of the moves, its harder then it looks!

its dancing on a treadmill you cock...what do you expect

[edit]

Shitting hell i think i just losy 8 IQ points watching this

this is awefull

like really reall really bad, they are doing it at like half speed...
  • So painful. And you're right, Andy, I feel like I just because 10x dumber from watching half an hour of that program. Absolutely vile.

Idiot presenter 1: "We'll be seeing that video very now!"
    EURGH!

Did you Sky+ it, Andy? Any way you can youtube it for the others?

The guys being Andy and Damian were the best, I suppose. The girl being Dan stood on the sides the whole time (I mean, walking on the sides when they were supposed to do the ice skating move).

Oh, how I hate Big Brother
  • i have sky+'d it but i cant get it on my computer, i imagen the website will have the vid up very soon

sigh...fuck you bb....fuck you
  • Now I know I haven't been on lately, and I might be interrupting a conversation in this thread, but do you guys know OK Go was on VH1's "I Love the New Millennium"!?
  • I just noticed a HUGE mistake. They put Here It Goes Again on the 2005 episode. AMW was '05 and HIGA was '06.

Theres also an online quiz
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Jun 26 2008, 02:53 PM)
    I just noticed a HUGE mistake. They put Here It Goes Again on the 2005 episode. AMW was '05 and HIGA was '06.

I thought the same thing, until I realized they had to put them in 2005 when they were talking about YouTube.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Jun 26 2008, 06:33 PM)
    I thought the same thing, until I realized they had to put them in 2005 when they were talking about YouTube.

Yeah, but, the thing is, YouTube came out in '05 but didn't really get super-popular until '06. I don't remember it being such a big thing really until around the time that HIGA came out.

Also, you all need to watch the segment about metrosexuals in "I Love 2003." Srsly.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 26 2008, 07:03 PM)
    Yeah, but, the thing is, YouTube came out in '05 but didn't really get super-popular until '06. I don't remember it being such a big thing really until around the time that HIGA came out.

Hmm, good observation. I never really paid attention to when YouTube got popular. Maybe they just needed something to fill out the hour.

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 26 2008, 07:03 PM)
    Also, you all need to watch the segment about metrosexuals in "I Love 2003." Srsly.

Ahahaha, yes yes.

EDIT:
    They also make appearances in 2006 and 2007.
  • I think J.Crew has been inspired by the boys...
    http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml...catId=cat304218

There's a page in the most recent catalog that looks more so inspired. It's two models in similar outfits to the one above but one is wearing glasses like Tim circa the self-titled album. I may scan it if I have a chance.
  • sweet jesus.
    they. suck

http://realitytvfan.org/2008/06/26/big-bro...-perform-ok-go/

My sister is overseas right now, and I got a text from her telling me that this was happening. I guess she watched it and she was like "Katie... don't watch it. You'll be so disappointed for how badly they imitated your guys"

She was right. The dude playing Tim makes me angry. NO coordination
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Jun 26 2008, 06:48 PM)
    EDIT:
    They also make appearances in 2006 and 2007.

Heh, when they (VH1) did the segment on the iPhone in 2007 and one of the people was talking about how they have the iPhone and tend to whip it out just to whip it out like, "look, I have an iPhone", I totally jumped back to the Grand Rapids show and remembered Andy whipping out his iPhone to use its light to make sure that his sig on my shoe turned out well.

Then they (VH1) show the boys with their iPhones out. I totally snicklesnorted at that as Andy was in my head making sure my shoe was all purty.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jun 27 2008, 08:40 AM)

Everything about this video is just wrong. I couldn't even finish watching it.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jun 27 2008, 02:40 PM)
    sweet jesus.
    they. suck

http://realitytvfan.org/2008/06/26/big-bro...-perform-ok-go/

My sister is overseas right now, and I got a text from her telling me that this was happening. I guess she watched it and she was like "Katie... don't watch it. You'll be so disappointed for how badly they imitated your guys"

She was right. The dude playing Tim makes me angry. NO coordination

See? This is why Andy and I got so mad when it was on TV.
    Told you it was disgusting...
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jun 27 2008, 11:09 AM)
    Heh, when they (VH1) did the segment on the iPhone in 2007 and one of the people was talking about how they have the iPhone and tend to whip it out just to whip it out like, "look, I have an iPhone", I totally jumped back to the Grand Rapids show and remembered Andy whipping out his iPhone to use its light to make sure that his sig on my shoe turned out well.

Then they (VH1) show the boys with their iPhones out. I totally snicklesnorted at that as Andy was in my head making sure my shoe was all purty.

I KNEW they'd be in the iPhones segment! Last night I was watching with Adam and as soon as they started talking about the iPhones I said to Adam "They're gonna be in this part, I know it" and then lo and behold there they were with their iPhones!!!!
  • This does not belong here, as I know somewhere there's a thread for when you hear Ok Go songs in stores, but I'm too hungry to find the thread. Anyway, I heard "This Will Be Our Year" at Ross's. Normally they play dull soft rock songs, so I was surprised and happy.
  • This isn't about OK Go really being on anything exactly, and this is probably the wrong thread for it, but I wasn't sure where to put it and I figured you guys won't be too mad at me if this is horribly misplaced but...

For all of you who have read Twilight and like it, you might not have seen this but Stephenie Meyer, the author, makes playlists of songs that she feels fit with each book. And for Eclipse, she's put It's a Disaster on it. http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ecl_playlist.html I found this a while ago, but never posted it