In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Three things came to mind when I saw the picure.

#1 - it's like black & white TV, 'cept Damian's blue tie.

#2 - I wanna rip off their ties and swing them around over my head.

#3 - Damian's still gonna leave his jacket in a suitcase for a week or so and then let everyone know how stinky it is.
  • I don't love this look but I do love the exposure their getting. Anyone watch the interview on BR's site? Love the quality of it.
  • YES!! There's not a BR around me, but I'm going to be in Indy next weekend, which is after this starts, and there's one there! YES!!! We're gonna be there for my sister's State Solo & Ensemble contest, and I am definitely going to try and make my parents take us there. haha, I'll probably buy something too. biggrin.gif

I was actually gonna make my way to one anyway even if there was nothing else that I would be going for, haha. I think that might belong in the YKYOW thread. tongue.gif YKYOW you wanna drive over an hour to get to a BR just because OK Go's gonna have ads there
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Feb 13 2009, 05:53 PM)
    I don't love this look but I do love the exposure their getting. Anyone watch the interview on BR's site? Love the quality of it.

Where is it? For whatever reason I can't find it.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 13 2009, 01:56 PM)
    PICTURE!

I don't know why, but this picture makes me sad. They just look like extremely attractive businessmen. Apparently extremely attractive businessmen make me sad?

And some more info HERE.

Thankie, Kalinda! LOL, it's not the extremely attractive businessman thing, it's the gray! Gray is depressing! That's why people leave the East and Midwest during the winter if they can! It seems Ok Go's next move is to stand out by blending in. Other rockers dress crazy, so our lads dress down. Interesting concept, but still, people, gray?

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 13 2009, 06:51 PM)

Ditto to what Becky just said. Please to post it? unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 13 2009, 08:51 PM)

Here ya go...
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/info....=brcitystories1
    click ok go and click interview
  • I love the ice cream bit and it was interesting to see what the boys look like if they all wore the same outfit. And fyi, the free download is just the UK Surf version of HIGA, which I already have, so that was a bit disappointing.

Also, I just had to screen cap this.

• QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Feb 13 2009, 08:25 PM)
    Here ya go...
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/info....=brcitystories1
    click ok go and click interview

THANK YOU!!!

For the record, Whirly Ball is teh awesome! If we have a boardie meet-up in Chicago, I think we should all go to Whirly Ball!!!!

I so didn't know that about Margie's. I coulda gotten so much free ice cream while I was growing up.
  • Thank you, MyFavPerson!!! What's funny is when the pic is small, it's not as exciting. When it's big on BR's site than I go "oooo!!!!" Can't wait to see that pic in stores and brag to all the people who work there about how great Ok Go is. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 13 2009, 10:39 PM)
    Thank you, MyFavPerson!!! What's funny is when the pic is small, it's not as exciting. When it's big on BR's site than I go "oooo!!!!" Can't wait to see that pic in stores and brag to all the people who work there about how great Ok Go is. laugh.gif

And maybe be like.... "So when is this picture going down? And what do you all do when it's not being displayed anymore? Hmmm?"
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Feb 14 2009, 09:29 AM)
    And maybe be like.... "So when is this picture going down? And what do you all do when it's not being displayed anymore? Hmmm?"

haha, that reminds me of years ago when someone posted about wet seal having ok go posters in the dressing rooms and everyone making plans to go steal them...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 14 2009, 11:09 AM)
    haha, that reminds me of years ago when someone posted about wet seal having ok go posters in the dressing rooms and everyone making plans to go steal them...

haha, I so want to steal a poster. They were in the dressing rooms? That's like the easiest place to steal it, lol tongue.gif
  • haha.

I like the new picture, except I want more crazy patterns. If that's even possible with their new look. And Damian looks like an LOLcat opportunity.

"Im in ur Banana Republic. Lukin' into ur soul!"

the best I could get:
  • From the Chicago Sun-Times:

Hey, OK Go says Chicago is cool! (So why'd they slink off to L.A.?)

One thing, though, you might say you still "feel like" a Chicago band OK Go, but once you move to Los Angeles, you turn in your Chi-town cred. Sorry fellas, it's the law.

Psh.
  • When watching that interview, all I can hear is Damian saying "I feel so naked without a tie on!" that time in Koko.... love it.

I can live with the new look. But why oh why won't he grow his hair again? I feel lost....
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 13 2009, 09:41 PM)
    For the record, Whirly Ball is teh awesome! If we have a boardie meet-up in Chicago, I think we should all go to Whirly Ball!!!!

I LOVE WHIRLY BALL! I didn't know they were still around! I'm so down for this.

I love the new look. But I loved the old look too. I just love what they do. They look fantastic and always will. Now... about this music... wink.gif

oh and a good friend of mine works for Banana... smile.gif she's a managerrrr
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 13 2009, 04:08 PM)
    I am clearly the only one who likes the new look. And I'm ok with that.

No, Rach, I totally approve of the new look too. I like them being all grown up and proper and djkjahdskjfzmncmnvnnnnnggggggghhhhh.
    I like that it's not as showy as the old stuff. I mean, not that I disliked the old look, but after a while it got...well.....old?
    Idk. But it doesn't depress me at all, that's for sure. It just means that all the excitement is more subtle. Subtle is good.

And I should really stop dissecting this so much, because the point is, I approve of the new look.

There.

• Thanks, Meg. I'm now looking forward to meeting you even more than I already was. biggrin.gif If that's possible.
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Feb 13 2009, 06:53 PM)
    I don't love this look but I do love the exposure their getting.

You guys all realise that, like, that's not their own stuff in that picture....right? 'Cause, like, if you're in an advert for Banana Republic, you kinda' have to wear stuff from Banana Republic. Which is decidedly less paisleyish. That doesn't mean this is what they're wearing onstage...

In any case, I like it. Doing the clashing patterns all over again = repetition = boring. There's a reason they dropped dancing at the end of sets...(although that's a slightly more complicated issue...)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 17 2009, 05:50 PM)
    You guys all realise that, like, that's not their own stuff in that picture....right? 'Cause, like, if you're in an advert for Banana Republic, you kinda' have to wear stuff from Banana Republic. Which is decidedly less paisleyish. That doesn't mean this is what they're wearing onstage...

Yeah but it's awfully similar to the duds they sport on the new okgo.net and at their more recent concerts