In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• I went to the Banana in Vernon Hills last night and they were OK Go-less. Though they had plenty of the iTunes cards.

The card will redeem the UK Surf version of HIGA, which is also what is free on the Banana website.

Gonna hit up the BR in Gurnee this weekend and see if they have any OK Go goodness there.
  • The one I go to in Indy better have some OK Go
  • How do I make a screen cap from a youtube video? Or how do I make a screen cap at all for that matter? I've always wanted to know. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 19 2009, 01:22 AM)
    How do I make a screen cap from a youtube video? Or how do I make a screen cap at all for that matter? I've always wanted to know. sad.gif

CTRL + Print Screen

Then open up something like Paint or PhotoShop and paste it in.

If you have a Mac...it's another key combo, I can't help you out there. Also, for whatever reason, if you're using Windows Media Player to get caps, it won't work. YouTube and QuickTime will, though.
  • ^^^ On macs, the best way I've found is in Finder, to go to Applications-> Utilities and there's a little app called Grab that you can capture stuff with, either the whole screen or a section of it. Idk if there's a shortcut like Print Screen or not.

• On macs, holding down cmd + shift and then pressing 3 takes a picture of the whole screen, you can get a screen shot that way but it's not the greatest quality. Thanks for telling me about Grab, Mel, I had no idea that was even there!
  • We need to start a "how do I do this on my computer" thread. For things like screencaps and ripping audio and video and editing and uploading stuff and changing file formats and stuff like that.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 20 2009, 10:43 PM)
    We need to start a "how do I do this on my computer" thread. For things like screencaps and ripping audio and video and editing and uploading stuff and changing file formats and stuff like that.

That is an awesome idea, jedi_grrlie! I have been addicted to screen capping since you guys explained it. You gonna go start the thread or should I?
  • So, I was reading a review for a phone and guess who they mentioned?? Yeah, wow! You're such a good guesser! biggrin.gif

"Like other Power Vision phones, the Samsung M520 offers plenty of multimedia options ($25 per month for the Unlimited pack). This includes access to Sprint’s 99-cent Music Store and TV service. We downloaded OK Go’s “A Million Ways” track in 28 seconds, which is quite speedy. We listened to music with a standard set of Samsung headphones ($19.99, not included), and it offered good sound with clear lyrics and guitar riffs."

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/cell-phone...by-samsung.aspx

• The BR in Indianapolis officially has no OK Go either sad.gif It didn't have any posters of anything. Lame
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 13 2009, 02:56 PM)
    PICTURE!

I don't know why, but this picture makes me sad. They just look like extremely attractive businessmen. Apparently extremely attractive businessmen make me sad?

I agree with you sooo 100%.

• QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 14 2009, 10:09 AM)
    haha, that reminds me of years ago when someone posted about wet seal having ok go posters in the dressing rooms and everyone making plans to go steal them...

LOL!! wet seal...
  • That Woodstock movie with Damian is coming out on August 14.

http://morphemepalette.net/?p=800

First time I've seen the cast list. There's a bunch of people in this thing!
  • WHOA, wait, how did I miss all the Banana Republic/Ads/Ok Go stuff?? I guess I can blame sickness and exams, but seriously, my gosh.

I have to say, I agree with Ms.Rach. I am really liking their new look, despite the lack of paisley. Well, to be totally frank [you can be Sally], I think they look F-ING amazing in ANYTHING they wear. My mind is officially blown... again.
  • I'm sure this has been mentioned since I've been MIA for a while, but Trish is featured on a baby delivery show on Discovery Health. I found this out mainly because I've been watching the marathon of babies on that channel pretty much all day. I was going to change it after being traumatized by watching girls give birth at home, but then a new show started. The expecting mother looked a lot like Trish and guessed what, it was. I am not sure of the show title, but it's on now, eastern time, since I get direct TV.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Feb 24 2009, 08:17 PM)
    I'm sure this has been mentioned since I've been MIA for a while, but Trish is featured on a baby delivery show on Discovery Health. I found this out mainly because I've been watching the marathon of babies on that channel pretty much all day. I was going to change it after being traumatized by watching girls give birth at home, but then a new show started. The expecting mother looked a lot like Trish and guessed what, it was. I am not sure of the show title, but it's on now, eastern time, since I get direct TV.

It's called Deliver Me
  • Trish Sie needs her own reality TV show. The end.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 24 2009, 10:27 PM)
    Trish Sie needs her own reality TV show. The end.

Agreed. Maybe she'll see this post, Katy wink.gif
  • Angela!!! Hi! I hope you're well, dear.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 24 2009, 11:05 PM)
    Agreed. Maybe she'll see this post, Katy wink.gif

She already knows we think so. Katy and I have talked about this before, so I messaged Trish and told her. She thinks it would be pretty boring, but we all know she's wrong.
  • http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/25/ok-go-turn-wedding-band/

More on "I Love You Man". Adam is *not* happy about having to see this movie, but he doesn't have a choice in the matter.