In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• In that link I posted that comes right from Colbert's page are just bits and pieces of the whole show, I guess, so I'm not sure if there are more to the interview, but from what i've seen there he doesn't mention Facebook
  • Oh sorry thats not what i meant...erm...there was a link that they put on facebook to the show and someone who watched it said...oh let me find the quote..

"The show was great. I love the part when Damian was in the audience singing... stops... and says.... Those are my testicles, you've crossed the line... Funny."

sorry for the misunderstanding

• Oh you mean from the concert last night? I don't remember that hahahahahahaha
  • the incident reminds me of the episode of Whose Line is it Anyway? where they are playing 'Party quirks' and Colin has the card that says something like 'suspects that people are not the sex they say they are ' and...well its better if you watch it

*five minutes later*

i found it :D

• squashedbanana said:
    RenataN said:I'm from Brazil and I could watch the Colbert videos without a problem

darn you haha

aww i really want to watch it...why did i have to be born in disappointment land? -.-

i heard that damian gets...well felt up in an inappropriate way during This Too Shall Pass from facebook...WTF?

It was during Last Leaf when he was in the audience at NY. He was singing and he goes "that's my balls." And then he said something like "you've crossed the line lady!". 

• Am I a fuddy duddy or some likewise uncool thing? I'm pissed at that chick who messed with Damian. Just, I don't know, "inappropriate" doesn't cover it. Just don't interupt or otherwise molest the nice epic rock singer guitar guy who came into the audience to play directly among the fans, okay? He doesn't HAVE to be that accessible to the fans, ya know? Wow. Just. Wow. Yell

He handled it well, even if she didn't.

• violetchaos364 said:

Am I a fuddy duddy or some likewise uncool thing? I'm pissed at that chick who messed with Damian. Just, I don't know, "inappropriate" doesn't cover it. Just don't interupt or otherwise molest the nice epic rock singer guitar guy who came into the audience to play directly among the fans, okay? He doesn't HAVE to be that accessible to the fans, ya know? Wow. Just. Wow. Yell

He handled it well, even if she didn't.

Like you said, he doesn't have to get close to us. I guess it could have been an accident? If not, it was very disrespectful. Also, I don't like it when people won't be quiet for Last Leaf. It is so pretty and sentimental and in the show that's when he's getting up close and personal with the audience. I just don't know that it is being appreciated.

• Well...er...I guess I'm gunna give you something to lighten the mood

I got this from google alerts, its a segment from Good Morning America thats called 'http://abcnews.go.com/gma/your3words

• Is there anyone who doesn't enjoy Week in Three Words?
  • The ball grabbing was really inappropriate.  And to make things worse, it was during such a nice song. 
  • http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soun.....nts/154200

theres a ~20 minute audio clip on there which i can't listen to yet as my internet is being difficult again :|

And to top it off a lot of the people in the comments section seem to be on the bad side of OK Go…which frankly isn't necessary

• I just read the comments and, Jade, you are not only absolutely correct, but totally adorable lol.  Well said my friend.
  • Forgive my morbid curiosity, but I wanted to see this incident and how Damian handled it, and came across this which seems to show the whole song but no ball-grabbing. Am I looking at the right show? Happened just before/after the song?
  • Will said:Forgive my morbid curiosity, but I wanted to see this incident and how Damian handled it, and came across this which seems to show the whole song but no ball-grabbing. Am I looking at the right show? Happened just before/after the song?

Right song, wrong show. The grabby hands incident happened at the 4/29/10 show.

• squashedbanana said:

And to top it off a lot of the people in the comments section seem to be on the bad side of OK Go…which frankly isn't necessary

Welcome to being an OK Go fan.  My only suggestion is to take a deep breath and let them say whatever they're going to say.  I was at a party recently where there was this guy who I already didn't like.  He's just one of those assholes who runs his mouth at all times to make it seem like he knows everything about everything – that night he had already insulted my taste in English Comedy and something else, I don't remember.  Then the subject of OK Go came up (as it inevitably does when I am around) and he said "I'm just done with them – their music isn't half as good as their videos."  I just sat there quietly while he pontificated until our mutual friend realized it was a good idea to defuse the situation and sent him outside.  I'm fairly certain that when he got out there, my friend's husband was like "DUDE. Look at her car. See the sticker?!" 

The point of telling this story is that there will always be douchebags who don't like OK Go.  Let them talk, they just want to hear the sound of their own voice/see their words in print.

And yes, the ball grabbing was EPIC levels of inappropriate.  Geez, last night someone untied Damian's shoe while he stood on the barrier and he gave her the finger (actually, I'm kinda hoping he knows it wasn't me).  I kept my hands away. To the girl's credit though, she says it was an accident.

• Ok, who else caught Colbert's mention of OK Go on tonight's episode?! Hahaha, so hilarious! I'll put the video here when they post it.

• DJRose said:
    squashedbanana said:

Welcome to being an OK Go fan.  My only suggestion is to take a deep breath and let them say whatever they're going to say.  I was at a party recently where there was this guy who I already didn't like.  He's just one of those assholes who runs his mouth at all times to make it seem like he knows everything about everything – that night he had already insulted my taste in English Comedy and something else, I don't remember.  Then the subject of OK Go came up (as it inevitably does when I am around) and he said "I'm just done with them – their music isn't half as good as their videos."  I just sat there quietly while he pontificated until our mutual friend realized it was a good idea to defuse the situation and sent him outside.  I'm fairly certain that when he got out there, my friend's husband was like "DUDE. Look at her car. See the sticker?!" 

The point of telling this story is that there will always be douchebags who don't like OK Go.  Let them talk, they just want to hear the sound of their own voice/see their words in print.

And yes, the ball grabbing was EPIC levels of inappropriate.  Geez, last night someone untied Damian's shoe while he stood on the barrier and he gave her the finger (actually, I'm kinda hoping he knows it wasn't me).  I kept my hands away. To the girl's credit though, she says it was an accident.

As I said before, I'm not new here, I was on the older board, I just don't post as much, but now with so many things and seeing them all the time is kinda nice to have people to you can talk about them without being made fun of... A lot of friends of mine make fun of my taste in music, and I have several saying that I like bands from Eastern Europe (none of them are) that no one knows, or bands that don't exist, Yep I know, dumb! Most say those things just to tease me. But let's face it it's natural that some people won't like or won't understand our linking. I say, their lost. 

• YoDoofball! said:

Ok, who else caught Colbert's mention of OK Go on tonight's episode?! Hahaha, so hilarious! I'll put the video here when they post it.

HIGA being a terrorist training video? I love Colbert.

• xfinity/Comcast are using DWYW for one of their commercials. Pretty much stating you can do what you want with your cable.
  • Hey, anybody know what Damian was pointing at on the floor after they did TTSP on Fallon? BTW, Fallon was being a bit fanboy there. =D