In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Double post.

The 4/16/10 Milwaukee show is available on YouTube. Click me! Click me!

• I found this cool interview on YouTube. OK Go @ The Urbanian talking about interwebs,their new album and Paracadute!!

• OK Go on Jay Leno Tonight!

According to their Twitter, they're playing a song that they hardly ever play. I'm excited! 

• Kevroy said:

OK Go on Jay Leno Tonight!

According to their Twitter, they're playing a song that they hardly ever play. I'm excited! 

mmm I'm guessing its end love, but i won't be able to see it!

darn it

• According to the article from the Few Great OKGO articles thread, it's End Love.

"End Love" will be the first video ever to premiere at the festival. OK Go, who play Bonnaroo this Friday, will perform the song on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" tonight.

I'm so excited to see/hear this live. And they're performing it on national TV, which means it's not being premiered at a concert/fest. Yeah, I know the vid for it will be premiered at a fest, but whatevs.

• Last time I tried to watch them on a late night show (I think it was Kimmel) I saw the entire show and it was the commerical break before they played, and I had one of those weird passed out naps for exactly the length of the song and woke up during the credits.  I was pisssssed!

Maybe someone should text me to make sure I'm up hahaha. 

But yes, I'm WAY excited for End Love.  I wonder how it will sound.  Epic, I'm assuming.

• Bah, an arty farty song that took me awhile to get used to. Ah well, at least we get to see a new song on tele.

(Not as badly arty farty as other songs on the album, but I'm just saying)

• Just finished watching Leno. I loved the inclusion of Damian's 'bleep box thing' during the song Laugh
  • I just finished watching Leno, and through the entire song I couldn't stop thinking how sharp they all looked. I mean, "End Love" is one of my favourite songs for the harmonies, so you think I'd be focused on that (and they did sound great), but no. I'm thinking "Damn, those are well-dressed gentlemen... That Dan, he knows how to wear a suit!"

(Oh, and hi. I'm new to this board. Lurked for a while. Got lost for a while. Lurked again. Now here I am.)

• PinkMuffin said:

I found this cool interview on YouTube. OK Go @ The Urbanian talking about interwebs,their new album and Paracadute!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....Lmyyl7kNkk

Brilliant. It IS fun to say "Paracadute!" Like a roller coaster ride!

I miss Detroit (Michigan, not EuropeWink).

• Hey Christel, welcome!

Ummm, so I DVRed it last night and watched it this morning.  Pardon me for blaspheming, but did anyone else feel like it was a lip-synched performance?  I mean, it was note-perfect the same as the CD, with only the bleep machine being different. I feel bad if it wasn't, but really if I'm wrong it's a compliment to them.

• Christel, welcome! My middle name is spelled Cristel - your name is the closest spelling to that I've ever seen!

Hmm, lip synch? I don't know yet - I'll have to watch it a couple more (dozen) times tonight.

BLEEP BOX WOOOOO!!!

• DJRose said:

Hey Christel, welcome!

Ummm, so I DVRed it last night and watched it this morning.  Pardon me for blaspheming, but did anyone else feel like it was a lip-synched performance?  I mean, it was note-perfect the same as the CD, with only the bleep machine being different. I feel bad if it wasn't, but really if I'm wrong it's a compliment to them.

Rachel, I was thinking the exact same thing.....

How very Solid Gold! (for those of you too young to remember, Solid Gold was an 80s music show where no one ever actually sang or played an instrument, and we loved the hell out of it anyway) 

I don't mind. I am just always happy to see them no matter what. I've never heard End Love live so I am wondering if it sounds very different? 

For me, the bleep machine absolved any and all perceived sin of Milli Vanilli'ing the gig. 

• bullshituous said:

How very Solid Gold! (for those of you too young to remember, Solid Gold was an 80s music show where no one ever actually sang or played an instrument, and we loved the hell out of it anyway) 

Seriously?  Solid Gold was my favorite show when I was 3.  Marilyn McCoo was one of my earliest idols, and I wanted terribly to grow up to be a Solid Gold Dancer.  This is 100% Fact, ask my mother.

I feel better about the whole thing just because you brought up Solid Gold.

• Laugh Yeah, those COSTUMES!

Marilyn McCoo was awesome! Have you ever listened to the 5th Dimension?

• Not to interupt but for those who didn't watch Leno because they forgot or slept, or didn't record it or are in a different country (like myself) someone on youtube has uploaded their performance (from twitter via okgo)

• Not to interupt but for those who didn't watch Leno because they forgot or slept, or didn't record it or are in a different country (like myself) someone on youtube has uploaded their performance (from twitter via okgo)

EDIT: aaah crap I hate it when this happens...and it doesn't help that I can't delete the other post or the fact that my internet is going haywire

• bullshituous said:

Laugh Yeah, those COSTUMES!

Marilyn McCoo was awesome! Have you ever listened to the 5th Dimension?

You bet I have!  Marry Me Bill, I've got the Wedding Bell Bluuuuuues!

This is one of those moments when I miss the smiley with the hearts from the old boards...

Thanks for posting the video, Jade!

• bullshituous said:
    DJRose said:

Hey Christel, welcome!

Rachel, I was thinking the exact same thing.....

I don't mind. I am just always happy to see them no matter what. I've never heard End Love live so I am wondering if it sounds very different? 

For me, the bleep machine absolved any and all perceived sin of Milli Vanilli'ing the gig. 

Sadly, I have to agree with both of you! When I watched it for the first time I was like "Wait...that can't sound exactly like the album version!!! Please not!!" Then I listened to both versions shifted and I feel ashamed to say that I'm sure that it's a lip-synch performance! However, I think in the end you can hear Damian live singing in the background, because it does not sounds like the album version!! I'm a bit disappointed about that but anyways we all know that OK Go is a great live band!! :)

• Thanks for the warm welcomes!

And Solid Gold viewing was a planned part of my childhood (my best friend and I  had to scramble to get to the TV before her brother to ensure he didn't prevent us from seeing it). Mmm...Adam Ant and the Solid Gold dancers with Friend or Foe warpaint...oh the memories!

As far as Leno goes, I think there were guide tracks, but it's not totally pre-recorded/lip-synched (look/listen closer).