In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• danke suzle

dast ist gut ja!
  • The bunchtv videos were hilarious! I love how Damian keeps talking about Robbie Williams lol
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Feb 21 2010, 12:54 AM)
    I watched it, no interview but they played WTF on there laser guitars and then White Knuckles. Twas good smile.gif

It's up online now, they just tweeted it. WTF was priceless, White Knuckles nice too although I thought the fixed lighting let them down a bit.

I think I prefer "what the truck" to the actual swearing too!
  • I know we've all seen this in Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore's letter but I'm so excited about all that OK Go on my TV that I wanted to put it here:

"More news now: If you can’t get to one of the thirty-plus shows on the upcoming tour, fear not: the boys will be on your TV. In the next month they’ll visit Carson Daly (4/16), David Letterman (4/28), Steven Colbert (4/29), and Jimmies Kimmel (4/1) and Fallon (5/4). They’ll also be at Bamboozle, Bonnaroo and Sasquatch. Some busy months ahead."

There's a lot of OK Go going on in April. YES!!!
  • That's a good idea. Some people might not read Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore's letter though I can't imagine why they wouldn't. I greatly enjoy his use of words.
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Mar 10 2010, 12:26 PM)
    There's a lot of OK Go going on in April. YES!!!

I couldn't ask for a better birthday prezzie. Oh wait, yes I could: come to Mississippi!
  • I don't really think this goes here, but...

http://www.gamezone.com/news/03_12_10_03_03PM.htm

Popular rock band OK Go, known for their amazing music videos and unique but catchy music, will play Xbox LIVE Gold Members in Rock Band 2 in Game with Fame. If you're a Gold Member join us Monday, March 22 starting at 8:00 P.M. ET and meet the band. Send a friend request to the following Gamertag and be online half an hour before (7:30 P.M. ET) the Game with Fame session starts:

* OKGo GwF

OK Go has released three albums, their self-titled debut in 2002, the album Oh No of 2005, and the just released Of the Blue Colour of the Sky. Perhaps best known for their song "Here It Goes Again," and its remarkable music video featuring treadmills which won a Grammy in 2007 for Best Short Form Music Video and was included in the game Rock Band, the band has continued to wow critics with their intensely likable music, including their most recent single "WTF?" OK Go consists of Damian Kulash (vocals, guitar), Tim Nordwind (bass), Rusty Ross (guitar, keyboards), and Dan Konopka (drums).

If you want to hear the sound of OK Go, check out their music videos now available on Zune Marketplace on Xbox LIVE. If you get a chance to play with OK Go, we want to hear all about it! We'll be posting recaps from gamers all across the country. Send us an email with the subject "GWF -- OK Go," and be sure to include your Gamertag and home town!

Note to self, make sure Adam joins XBox Live Gold between now and March 22nd... We are so there. (He was gonna do it anyway, but it's nice to have something pushing us to do it NOW)
  • A friend on friendface passed this along to me. Tim and Damian are adorable as always, had to share it.

Damian and Tim on Red Eye
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4101630/ok-go-on-red-eye

Highlights include:

-new word invented by Damian: "Bettawesome"

-Damian in torn jeans

-Damian's hillarous answer to how has leaving your record label affected your album sales:
    "Our record sales have skyrocketed because before, it was zero. And now it's all."
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 12 2010, 09:09 PM)
    A friend on friendface passed this along to me. Tim and Damian are adorable as always, had to share it.

Damian and Tim on Red Eye
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4101630/ok-go-on-red-eye

Highlights include:

-new word invented by Damian: "Bettawesome"

-Damian in torn jeans

-Damian's hillarous answer to how has leaving your record label affected your album sales:
    "Our record sales have skyrocketed because before, it was zero. And now it's all."

I love Damian's made-up words, "Awesbitter"! Someone should compile a list of them (a Damian Dictionary).

The zero/all answer was the best laugh.gif ! Funny stuff.
  • Love it! I love how the Fox people only took about 3 minutes to go from awesome video to nazis. crazy.... But i'm glad like like the band and their videos!
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Mar 13 2010, 12:15 AM)
    I love Damian's made-up words, "Awesbitter"! Someone should compile a list of them (a Damian Dictionary).

"Come with me, I will show you 'awesbitter'."

I just choked on macaroni when he said that with that accent.

YES YES YES. MAKE A DAMIAN DICTIONARY! Someone get a thread going.
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Mar 12 2010, 11:15 PM)

The zero/all answer was the best laugh.gif ! Funny stuff.

Great idea!!! Tempe started one. Woot! smile.gif

QUOTE (katmarie24 @ Mar 13 2010, 01:00 AM)
    Love it! I love how the Fox people only took about 3 minutes to go from awesome video to nazis. crazy.... But i'm glad like like the band and their videos!

Hahaha. Yeah, seriously! And then how it was "un-American" to use Colour instead of Color, or that high fives are so much better than fist bumps (of course referencing the Obamas). Actually you can see Damian roll his eyes. Hah.
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Mar 13 2010, 06:13 PM)
    Great idea!!! Tempe started one. Woot! smile.gif

YAY Tempe! Thanks!

QUOTE (katmarie24 @ Mar 13 2010, 02:00 AM)
    Love it! I love how the Fox people only took about 3 minutes to go from awesome video to nazis. crazy.... But i'm glad like like the band and their videos!

QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Mar 13 2010, 06:13 PM)
    Hahaha. Yeah, seriously! And then how it was "un-American" to use Colour instead of Color, or that high fives are so much better than fist bumps (of course referencing the Obamas). Actually you can see Damian roll his eyes. Hah.

I'm pretty sure that this marked the first time that I watched something from Fox News with a smile on my face rather than a sneer of disgust.
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Mar 13 2010, 07:33 PM)
    I'm pretty sure that this marked the first time that I watched something from Fox News with a smile on my face rather than a sneer of disgust.

Eck, I hate all the news channels. One's too "liberal," one's too "conservative." All of them have numb news anchors who shout at the audience. I'm just glad there was some Ok Go goodness to feast the eyes and ears on.
  • just heard wtf? coming from my tv... seems fox is using it to advertise their thursday night shows...
  • You took the words right out of my mouth, darb! Are you watching Idol too? I miss Sanjaya. ;P Anyway, that was fun to hear in a commercial.
  • Yesterday night I was watching "heute nacht" ( news at night) on ZDF (comparable with BBC,PBS...) and the newsreader started talking about music labels...and I was just like :" Wow...okay...uhmm..wait! What about OK Go???

He just has to mention OK Go...oh please say something about OK Go...." and yes... this was the short introduction to a 5-minutes segment about OK Go, which began with the dominoes and one of the "Behind the scenes of TTPS" videos. I've never seen OK Go on TV in the news before!! I was almost screaming after that short trailer because it makes me that happy and it makes me smile (which wasn't very pleasant because I got all my wisdom teeth pulled out...*ouch*). It totally made my day!! Smile

• PinkMuffin said:  it makes me that happy and it makes me smile (which wasn't very pleasant because I got all my wisdom teeth pulled out...*ouch*). It totally made my day!! Smile

Omg girl I feel your pain.  I just had my wisdom teeth taken out too and it was awful!!

• OK Go + Jimmy Kimmel = Tonight!
  • samanferr said:OK Go + Jimmy Kimmel = Tonight!

How many of us watched?  If you didn't, not to worry, it's already up on YouTube!

TTSP: 

IWYSBICB:

It was really great to see them onstage for such a huge crowd (and I'm looking forward to a review from the California contingent).  I love the new logo on Dan's drums, too!