In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• SKYLAR, YES IT CAN. 

Rolling Stone released the single one day early :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/mu.....e-20110404
  • Oh I love it!  I've been dancing through my whole lunch hour.  I think it's a combo of "No Sign of Life," "Back From Kathmandu," and "This Too Shall Pass."
  • I love it, too!  Yay, new music! 

Then there's this info from here:

"Sounds like the kind of song that would be pretty killer live, so we’re happy to report that the band will be performing it on “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno” on Thursday, April 28th."

Did we know about this? Because I didn't know about this.  Double Yay!

Happy Monday, ya'll!
  • Snack_Cakes said:

I love it, too!  Yay, new music! 

Then there's this info from here:

"Sounds like the kind of song that would be pretty killer live, so we’re happy to report that the band will be performing it on “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno” on Thursday, April 28th."

Did we know about this? Because I didn't know about this.  Double Yay!

Happy Monday, ya'll!

Oh, this is awesome. It's after Easter, so I can record it and not feel totally lame!

(I gave up listening to OK Go for Lent as sort of a test for myself to see if I could do it. And I'm hoping I'll come out of this with a renewed love.)

Er, I think I read that Morgan Spurlock wanted sort of a TTSP feel to it, kind of the generic 1-4-5 sort of progression that everyone loves. I didn't even notice the NSOL feel to it, but now that you mention it…

EDIT: oh, yep, found it. It's in the original article, lol.

"After Spurlock told Nordwind and singer/guitarist Damian Kulash that he wanted something like "This Too Shall Pass" from the band's third album Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, they came up with a couple of treatments and demo'd a few songs."

The album artwork for the single is kind of awesome. Also, I kind of fricking love the bridge/acousticky/what-have-you part. WHY CAN'T I WRITE THAT SORT OF LYRIC DAMMIT
  • Aleatory said:

Oh, this is awesome. It's after Easter, so I can record it and not feel totally lame!

(I gave up listening to OK Go for Lent as sort of a test for myself to see if I could do it. And I'm hoping I'll come out of this with a renewed love.)

I gave up frivolous spending. I don't practice the faith, but wanted to test myself to see if I could do it. So far, so good.

Now, back on topic. If you purchased TGSIEH tonight and got Love Me Longtime for free, you should check out the genre it's been placed in. Totes funneh.
  • The new OK Go episode of 'Honey and Joy': http://www.bitbop.com/honey-and-joy 

Scroll down to episode 4.
  • Taciturn said:

The new OK Go episode of 'Honey and Joy': http://www.bitbop.com/honey-and-joy 

Scroll down to episode 4.

*sob* I HATE COUNTRY RESTRICTIONS WITH A VENGEANCE!!! :'[

is there any alternative way of watching this? :] x
  • That was really cute, Taciturn. :-)  Thanks for letting us know it was up.

Jolean, we'll figure something out.  Boardies are an inventive bunch.
  • I asked my computer science literate boyfriend to help me with getting the video from the website… and I've uploaded it here on Youtube for you guys if you couldn't see it. :) 

• Oh my God. I could watch that episode a billion times. That was so awesome! I love Dan at the end.
  • Taciturn said:

I asked my computer science literate boyfriend to help me with getting the video from the website… and I've uploaded it here on Youtube for you guys if you couldn't see it. :) 

JASMINE (and boif) KICKS ASS! thx soooo much for the hassle :] x
  • The boys were totally adorkable. The canned laughter however, there was simply too much of it.

I wonder how much of this was scripted and how much was ad libbed. I also wonder how many times Damian had to curb his potty mouth.
  • It's funny how I wasn't laughing at the corny jokes until OK Go came in, and then I laughed so hard I woke my mom up XD

Thank so much for that! It means a lot since nothing seems to be avaliable in Canada.

Also (Contributing) Do you know what I just noticed? OK Go is mentioned in a Common song! I never noticed that until I listened to it a few days ago and I freaked. XD I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if it has, you have every right to bash me. :D

Drivin' Me Wild (Ft. Lily Allen)

Common

Enjoy!
  • Who else is going to see The Greatest Movie Ever Sold tomorrow? :-)  Adam and I are heading up to Philly for it!

If you go to Gettyimages.com and search for OK Go you can see pictures of the boys at the premiere. :-D
  • I'm hoping to see PWP:TGMES tonight. Have been hearing nothing but good things about it, so I'm excited.

In the meantime, watch OK Go be interviewed by an 11 year-old film critic. Love Dan's face:

And then OK Go interviews the 11 year-old:

All very good and relevant questions.

Now, about that new album...
  • ^^Ahh! Great find, Becky! That was hillarious and adorable. Andy's looking like he belongs on an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" with his clean-cut late 1950s/ early 1960s haircut.
  • Sorry if this is posted already...

Watched "The Joneses"(2009) on Netflix last night and my 11 year old daughter came in as the credits began rolling and heard about 3 beats of the song and turned to me and said "Mommy, this is your favorite band!" Sure enough TTSP was playing.  I love that my kids love the same music that I do, maybe because I'm the DJ in my car and I play OkGo all the time!
  • Oh my gosh it's so mind blowingly CUTE! I'm pretty sure I just melted. XD

New album say whaaaaat? And also, Andy cut his hair D';
  • PleaseFireMe.com is a hoot! They wanted anthem suggestions their revolution so I submitted OK Go's "Get Over It". And it WON! And I won! I get a signed copy of the book!
  • Just watched Leno from last night and learned that a haircut has the power to turn back time.  !  Wow.  It's 2005 Andy!

And I fully enjoyed the performance of No Sign Pt. 2 (I mean that in a good way).

http://theaudioperv.com/2011/04/29/ok-go-“the-greatest-song-ive-ever-heard-428-leno/