In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• So am I imagining Craig holding a vinyl version of GSIEH there?

And if not, where can I get one?

I want one…

-----

I'm having so much trouble with the board lately. Grr.

Nope, not a real vinyl, sorrys!
  • oooh emm geee Nobody move! Nobody jiggle the board! I embedded a video!
  • *embedding high five* Laugh
  • LOL, amber, your hillarious! Thank you for posting that! My sister thinks Damian's microphone might have been a bit wonky and too quiet at the begining of the song. What are you guy's thoughts on that?
  • Tempe Arizona said:

LOL, amber, your hillarious! Thank you for posting that! My sister thinks Damian's microphone might have been a bit wonky and too quiet at the begining of the song. What are you guy's thoughts on that?

I thought Damian was pretty quiet at the beginning of the song, but I didn't think anything of it.

*embedding high five* back, sherib!
  • So I don't know if this has been posted yet, but has anyone seen the iPhone 4 commercial?

One of them has some interesting album artwork on it. -Wink Wink-

Ok, so I couldn't find it on youtube, but it has the Oh No cover on it. XD

And I also found this when searching:
  • Tempe Arizona said:

LOL, amber, your hillarious! Thank you for posting that! My sister thinks Damian's microphone might have been a bit wonky and too quiet at the begining of the song. What are you guy's thoughts on that?

My thoughts: Yes. Amber is very funny. I don't know that Damian's mic was wonky, but the vocals were too quiet. Of course they are quiet like that on the studio recording too. Maybe not "quiet" so much as  fuzzy, bleary, blurry, mumbley or some other word that means "enunciate, damn it!"  He really over-enunciated on the Leno performance, so I think the marble-mouth* is intentional.

*Technical term (seriously)- Generally used to describe how difficult it is to understand old bluesmen, Elvis Costello on "Pump It Up" or circa El Macambo, or drunken punk/rock singers who are at hurricane force inebriation.* For instance: Robert Johnson had 5 marbles in his mouth most of the time. Elvis no longer gargles with shooters. Marble-mouth is a direct cause of Mondegreens.Laugh

*Funny side note: In the mid-to-late '90s my friend and I were discussing Elvis's apprpriation of the marble-mouth technique for certain songs. We were talking about this to a very cute guy with a guitar and bare feet that another friend had brought to my house (she was always bringing me stray musicians). Somehow, the topic became sillier and suddenly it was Lego instead of marbles (this was somehow due to "building" a melody from melisma alone), so we then had "Marble-mouth" and "Lego-lips". Kind of weird how things come back around (I say that because of the guy and the people I hung out with then, and how they are so eerily like OK Go and the friends I hang out with now).
  • So I finally watched the video and saw that it was just cardboard.

Dreams crushed.  xD

I like that marble-mouth stuff though..
  • ChristelAdina said:

"We were talking about this to a very cute guy with a guitar and bare feet that another friend had brought to my house (she was always bringing me stray musicians). "

---------------------------------------------

sherib SAYS:

Smile Amber

Christel–Wow, how do I become the kind of person who gets brought stray musicians?

Could I foster them like dogs?  toiletdog, any insight?

**quote fail, don't know why

• Apparently, it's an inborn trait for me Sherib, so I don't know how to advise. I'd explain further, but I don't want to risk having prior art infringed upon or my copyright violated... But I will say, it's not something you necessarily want. Musicians (especially the strays) are an infuriating, heart-breaking lot. And they will drink all your gin.

However, my friend Debs and I used to joke that she and I could be abandoned by our sherpas and lost in the Himalayas, and just over the next pass we'd find a tour bus full of Rock Stars... I don't know about that, but I do tend to have that kind of luck...it's much more intermittant than it once was, but that's because I don't live in a place I like right now.

Funnily enough, I find that the fact I am a rock journalist is not helpful with the stray musician thing at all. That was unexpected.
  • ChristelAdina said:

However, my friend Debs and I used to joke that she and I could be abandoned by our sherpas and lost in the Himalayas, and just over the next pass we'd find a tour bus full of Rock Stars...

Laugh !
  • The boys will be live on the radio this evening. Taken from their Twitter:

Live session with Mexico City's @clickaporte. Tonight at 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT. Click "en vivo" to listen.
  • Got two new videos from Damian at Open Source last year? Don't know if these were seen (internet connection is being annoying, I can't search it and I have the feeling I'm getting a really bad cold – can't stop freaking sneezing)

BUT youtube says it has only been seen 3 times, it was post this week so there you go:

Damian talking about Net Neutrality: http://www.youtube.com/v/7EJf7CHy8fc

OKAY, taking some pills, tea, lots and lots of tissues and BEEEEED!

Enjoy :)
  • Here's a (much) better review of the boys' gig in the UK, this time at Koko London.

Even without reading the words, the photos of this gig make up for the snatty review that Letitia posted right above o.O 

Honestly why does a "good" band hafta be "serious"? Whaz so bad abt a good band that knows how to have a good time, and likes to share the sentiment with its fans?!?!? 

Sigh. Critics truly puzzle me sometimes (most of the time really). x
  • laeticia said:

Damian talking about Net Neutrality: http://www.youtube.com/v/7EJf7CHy8fc

And Damian talking about music collaboration, fans, videos… http://www.youtube.com/v/079ItEzmirc

(couldn't seem to embbed them)

ALSO, I know this probably doesn't fit HERE but I don't really have the energy to search for anything more, I hope you see it from here, it's a review from their show @KOKO last night: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/30/ok-go-review

OKAY, taking some pills, tea, lots and lots of tissues and BEEEEED!

Enjoy :)

Thanks.  Feel better.
  • Laeticia, thanks so much for these links I had never seen these clips before and more than that the up close shots of Damian are going to help immensely with my next project.  I am making Sims of the band for Sims 3, just for fun.  If they come out well, I guess I can post them over on the art thread.  Smile
  • Not sure if anyone already posted this since it's kinda old, but...

EVOLUTION OF DANCE 2! (3:21 - 3:33)

• LOL Treadmill-less treadmill dance. I love it.
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

Not sure if anyone already posted this since it's kinda old, but...

EVOLUTION OF DANCE 2! (3:21 - 3:33)

Oh, that's hysterial! I saw this before I knew about OK Go (you know, the dark ages). Now that vid is 1000x better for me. LaughLaughLaugh