In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• haha, Sherib, I agree with you in every way.
  • Sunnyside said:

PleaseFireMe.com is a hoot! They wanted anthem suggestions their revolution so I submitted OK Go's "Get Over It". And it WON! And I won! I get a signed copy of the book!

That's sooo cool! And so appropiate. Laugh
  • Amber posted this over on her tumblr, so I bring it here so others can view it, too.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Backstage. Bryan talks with Chelsea Handler, Judd Apatow and OK Go.

Damian's interview is on at 2:55. What I loved about this interview is that not only did we get to hear from the band,  but the interviewer actually knew about the history of OK Go. He asked relevant/now questions and we got to see the pre-toasted toast from the Last Leaf vid.

Also, Judd Apatow said that he likes OK Go. And Don't Ask Me is currently being used in the Bridesmaids trailer. No idea if it's in the movie. I guess I'll have to watch it to find out.

• beckysioux said:

Amber posted this over on her tumblr, so I bring it here so others can view it, too.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Backstage. Bryan talks with Chelsea Handler, Judd Apatow and OK Go.

Damian's interview is on at 2:55. What I loved about this interview is that not only did we get to hear from the band,  but the interviewer actually knew about the history of OK Go. He asked relevant/now questions and we got to see the pre-toasted toast from the Last Leaf vid.

Also, Judd Apatow said that he likes OK Go. And Don't Ask Me is currently being used in the Bridesmaids trailer. No idea if it's in the movie. I guess I'll have to watch it to find out.

*facepalm* I forgot to post it here, too! THX Becky!
  • That interviewer guy must be really tall.

"It's really the best video we've ever made."  I'm being Captain Obvious by saying this, but wow, that's really saying a lot.  I'm suddenly very excited about this!

Here I go being squishy gooey Queen Nostalgia again, but I still remember the feeling of utter joymazement I had watching Damian & Andy skating across those treadmills for the first time.  !?!!!!1

*plants self and waits for video*
  • sherib said:

That interviewer guy must be really tall.

"It's really the best video we've ever made."  I'm being Captain Obvious by saying this, but wow, that's really saying a lot.  I'm suddenly very excited about this!

Here I go being squishy gooey Queen Nostalgia again, but I still remember the feeling of utter joymazement I had watching Damian & Andy skating across those treadmills for the first time.  !?!!!!1

Yeah, I'm taking that quote with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure I've heard him say that about the other videos they've made for OTBCOTS as they were being made/released.

Then again, for all I know, this could be the best video they've ever made. I'm just a little more apprehensive because of the hype for the Last Leaf vid and I thought it didn't live up to the expectations that were garnered for it.
  • beckysioux said:

sherib said:

That interviewer guy must be really tall.

Yeah, I'm taking that quote with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure I've heard him say that about the other videos they've made for OTBCOTS as they were being made/released.

Then again, for all I know, this could be the best video they've ever made. I'm just a little more apprehensive because of the hype for the Last Leaf vid and I thought it didn't live up to the expectations that were garnered for it.

maybe they're just going along doing 'the greatest stuff' ever with the movie 'motto', so

why not "the greatest video we ever made"? LOL xD

• beckysioux said:

I'd hafta agree with Becky, Last Leaf was a bit of a downer after all the hype that surrounded the video (not to say it was bad at all, just a bit, bland for my taste I suppose).  I think Damian took note of that in subsequent interviews where he says he knows that Last Leaf might not be in the same format or style of a typical OK Go video (read: AWESOME) but he stood by the video all the same etcetc.  Now if that is indeed the case, then certainly I'm sure he'd be more careful with his words before claiming anything was "the best".  Having said that, I'm kinda having difficulty imagining anything that could possibly top Here It Goes Again - like sherib, I remember the moment watching Damian and Andy glide on those things (abt 29034901431901 times on the day I first saw it).   It was MAGICAL. :'] x
  • I'm kind of surprised to hear people were disappointed in the Last Leaf video.  I loved it and found it amazing.  Then again, I wasn't party to any build-up beforehand--went from nothing to boom- "wow."

I tend to not like videos that don't actually show band members as much as band-in-the-vid videos (that's with any band), so that's kinda saying something, for me anyway.  But if I had seen/heard pre-Last-Leaf hype, I probably would have envisioned something different ahead of time (something with them in the video) and therefore been a little disappointed.  But as it was I thought it captured the tone of the song perfectly.  *sniff*  And found myself going, "My God.  How long would it take to do that??"

But yeah.  After the sort of jaw-dropping-human-achievement videos these guys have under their belts, it would be silly to get my hopes up for jaw dropping every time.  Then again ...

OK Go Jaw Drops* or Stupid Grin Bliss Memories (mine)

AMW vid

AMW dance in person

HIGA vid*

Handbells*

Rube Goldberg*

WK dogs*

Decent track record!  Speaking of tracks, I'm getting off-track.  Back to topic.

**As much as I never thought I'd do this ... Math: 23.  Winning.**
  • Please don't pummel me if this is already up–I strolled back several pages in two threads and site-searched and google-site-searched (thank-you to the person who posted those google-the-site instructions in the pinned thread!) and didn't see it, so …

Sorry anyway if this had been posted already.  I also want to practice embedding ;)

OK Go on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight

(And I appreciate the lack of pummeling re: the Barcelona Cultura videos I mentioned in the "Stuff" thread.  I just stumbled across their mention in this thread.  I had posted that mention before reading the pinned thread and seeing the google-the-site tip.)

(*Edit: Aaand I just found that the Mondo Spider thing from Maker Faire had also already been posted.  Lol *gives up* Forgive me.  I should have assumed these things were here already–I'm impressed with the consistent scrappiness of OK Go fans.  Scrappy in terms of determined entrepreneurialness, not quarrelsomeness …)
  • YAY! You embedded!
  • Laugh

And I dressed myself today too!!
  • Just announced: The boys will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight at 12:35 am (11:35 CT) on CBS.

I'm really hoping there will be puppets.
  • sherib said:

(And I appreciate the lack of pummeling re: the Barcelona Cultura videos I mentioned in the "Stuff" thread.  I just stumbled across their mention in this thread.  I had posted that mention before reading the pinned thread and seeing the google-the-site tip.)

(*Edit: Aaand I just found that the Mondo Spider thing from Maker Faire had also already been posted.  Lol *gives up* Forgive me.  I should have assumed these things were here already–I'm impressed with the consistent scrappiness of OK Go fans.  Scrappy in terms of determined entrepreneurialness, not quarrelsomeness …)

Yeah, I didn't have it in me to pummel you.  I know you know better, and I know you've been out of the loop for a long time.  Frankly, I'm just so glad to have you back that I'm willing to cut you a little slack.
    But also, yeah, you of all people should know that we know these things!  ;-) xxx

beckysioux said:

Just announced: The boys will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight at 12:35 am (11:35 CT) on CBS.

Is it a new taping or is a repeat of the last time they were on?
  • DJRose said:

beckysioux said:

Just announced: The boys will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight at 12:35 am (11:35 CT) on CBS.

Is it a new taping or is a repeat of the last time they were on?

No idea. They tweeted it an hour ago. I'm hoping it's new, but it might be a repeat. Can anyone check the TV listings? I'm "blocked" at work from that kind of thing.
  • Thanks, Rachel Wink

Craig Ferguson–it's new and I've known about it for awhile since searching "OK Go" on the DirecTV guide for the hell of it one day recently.  I figured y'all all knew about it.  IRONY!
  • http://s1089.photobucket.com/a.....-04-45.mp4

AGH!!! Sorry, I can't figure out how to embed this thing. OK Go's appearance on CraigyFerg May 3, 2011.
  • sherib said:

Thanks, Rachel Wink

Craig Ferguson–it's new and I've known about it for awhile since searching "OK Go" on the DirecTV guide for the hell of it one day recently.  I figured y'all all knew about it.  IRONY!

Heh, go figure!  The ONE TIME we don't know.

It was a pretty awesome show, though, wasn't it? :-D  I really like Craig Ferguson.  Geoffrey Rush was a great part of the show too!  He's my BFF's number one celebrity, so I spent the whole show wishing the two of us could have watched it together.
  • violetchaos364 said:

http://s1089.photobucket.com/a.....-04-45.mp4

AGH!!! Sorry, I can't figure out how to embed this thing. OK Go's appearance on CraigyFerg May 3, 2011.

Thanks!

Wow, is this song growing on me

Hell yeah handclaps!  Yummy guitar-y-ness!  I really like the drums in this song.

I'm sunk--I'm so overdue for an OK Go show.
  • So am I imagining Craig holding a vinyl version of GSIEH there?

And if not, where can I get one?

I want one...