In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• The video for HIGA was used heavily in a South African cell phone (I think) commercial back in April. It's the whole commercial, basically. Here's a link to the article where I read about it. To see the commercial, from the article go to Related Links -> MTN go rock the world mpeg

The concept apparently was that (warning: nauseating PR bullshit coming up) "Audiences can look forward to adverts that play on individuals who rise to major challenges, stories of people who have mobilised their true potential, celebrating individuals doing things that ordinary people aspire to and showing ordinary people who take ordinary things and turn them into something amazing," the company said.

To make things worse, the author of the article calls our boys "badly dressed" and the dance "elaborately tacky;" he/she also doesn't seem to realize that the guys in the video ARE the band playing the song. Clueless!

Still, it's pretty cool that OK Go impressed people all over the world with this video.
  • Ooh! Thanks for posting!
  • Go rock the world. Thats super cool! Thanks!
    But how do they NOT know that they are the band playing the music by now? haha
  • QUOTE (kiwiie @ Jun 3 2007, 11:05 AM)
    As Tabetha say they were on las vegas season 4 episode 10. (You can watch the episode on daily motion) they "teach" the treadmill dance

I'm sure I've seen this once on youtube, but now I can't find it!??
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Aug 16 2007, 01:49 PM)
    I'm sure I've seen this once on youtube, but now I can't find it!??

I'm pretty sure it's on okgocentral.com
  • So I'm watching Big Brother. A commercial for The Big Bang Theory comes on. What song starts? HIGA. biggrin.gif It played for the whoooole commercial, and was lovely.

About two seconds in, I said "OMG that's OK Go! I have to go online for a second."

I then came, and typed this. And now I am about to hit submit.
  • laugh.gif Thats great!
  • Does anyone remember that video with the fray putting crickets in OK Go's tour bus?
    ...Well I'm watching VH1's like top 20 countdown thing, and they were talking about it smile.gif

...Edit: This video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufcxOUIVEDo
  • omg ineed to start watching vh1 im missing out
  • Haha it was just a quick little mention, and they showed a clip of Here It Goes Again.
  • oh but still i missed out lol
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Aug 15 2007, 09:04 PM)
    To make things worse, the author of the article calls our boys "badly dressed" and the dance "elaborately tacky;" he/she also doesn't seem to realize that the guys in the video ARE the band playing the song. Clueless!

ooh thats sad for the guy who wrote it. but i agree! its great how they're taking over the world like that. hehe
  • i have a quite big question, does anybody know, the ok go's episode on "las vegas", what season and episode was it?? i'm looking for that information and i'm getting mad....
  • i know the air date was 1/12/07 im pretty sure and they are showing it on TNT on thursday at 12 am

Las Vegas - Fleeting Cheating Meeting One of Ed?s favorite former employees, Nicole, returns for her first wedding anniversary and Ed immediately decides he doesn?t her husband. Danny isn?t a huge fan of Nicole?s, having dated her, and thinks they should give him the benefit of the doubt. When Mike and Danny catch the husband making out with another woman, Ed orders them to keep an eye on him. They ultimately discover that Nicole hired the woman to hit on her husband so they could blackmail him. Guest stars: Judd Nelson; OK Go
  • mm i'll try to look for something with that information.. thanks so much!!
  • I just remembered that a couple of months ago, my friend saw an Ok Go poster in the background on the Nick show Zoey 101. did anyone see this before?
  • I watched the movie "Wimbledon" today and I heard the Ok Go part. but I was sad because it was only the guitar intro to WTD. no vocals. sleep.gif
  • ugh thats stupid thats such a good song
  • I JUST SAW THE IPHONE COMMERCIAL WERE THE FINGER ACUALLY CLICKS ON THEM AND SHOWS LIKE 5 SECONDS OF THERE VIDEO!!!! I LIKE REWINDED IT AND PLAYED IT LIKE 500 TIMES!!
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Aug 20 2007, 03:44 PM)
    I watched the movie "Wimbledon" today and I heard the Ok Go part. but I was sad because it was only the guitar intro to WTD. no vocals. sleep.gif

yeah i rented that yesterday because I read it was used in the movie. I was kinda bummed on the no vocals part. But I did like the movie haha.

I really want to see that new Iphone commercial on tv!!