In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 28 2008, 09:10 AM)
    YKYOW you're reading Things I've Learned... and read arose and across as aross.

Oh yeah, and in the last couple of lessons they're talking 'bout bliss.

Hahahaha, brilliant!

So in my office we use abbreviations for everyone's names that are the first initial and the first four letters of their last name, so a John Smith would be JSMIT. Well, there's a T. Turner here, and everytime I see his abbreviation, I think "Tee-ee-ee Turn".

That is definite low-level obsession.
  • You're in anthropology class (I hate it- a required course) and you're studying Durkheim and the professor says "well, what is magic?" and you yell out, "The spirit of illusion!"
  • YKYOW you see that your friend Lukass's MSN screen name is Lukash, read Kulash by accident and start a conversation by saying "Damian...?"

And feel genuinely disappointed when it turns out it's not him.
  • YKYOW you see a headline on the Yahoo! home page and construe it as something different than to what it is actually referring.

"Would you wear Andy?"

And now I can't stop laughing. Too much caffeine methinks.
  • YKYOW...you're on the chat thing on Cobra Starship's myspace and Alex Suarez (from the band) comes on and the only question you can think to ask is "I saw a picture of Ryland with Dan from OK Go, do you know them?". He said they hung out a lot when they were in Japan together and that they're really nice guys. Then I said OK Go was my favorite band and he said something else but I don't remember what. I mean I guess my question was better than "OMGG LYKK WILL YOU MARRRY ME!?!?!" so yeah. Is it sad I'm more excited I talked to a friend of OK Go's rather than Alex Suarez, a member of a band I'm in love with right now? Haha, oy vey...
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 28 2008, 04:31 PM)
    YKYOW you see a headline on the Yahoo! home page and construe it as something different than to what it is actually referring.

"Would you wear Andy?"

And now I can't stop laughing. Too much caffeine methinks.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh and kudos for the word methinks laugh.gif too much Myspace for me...
  • YKYOW you see this car and think of Damian even though it's missing an 'H'.

• ^^ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Bwahahah. I don't know why I enjoy that so much but I do! And gah, that's a lot of snow.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 1 2008, 05:13 PM)
    And gah, that's a lot of snow.

And it's been melting over the last couple of days. So, there was more than that like a week ago.

Sometimes it sucks to be a mid-westerner.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 1 2008, 06:19 PM)
    And it's been melting over the last couple of days. So, there was more than that like a week ago.

What a Doozy!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 1 2008, 06:20 PM)
    What a Doozy!

*punches Rachel on the shoulder*
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 1 2008, 06:19 PM)

It's okay, I'm in New England- we, too, have had that much snow or more consistently since the beginning of December. biggrin.gif

and have you seen the AOL interview where Damian tells that story about how when his grandparents immigrated to the US, their name was Kulas? and how it got changed?
  • YKYOW you get stupidly excited when you're watching a TV show and notice that the man who's giving a tour of his house has the word 'Bliss' painted in silver on his wall.

I mean, that's practically a poster of Andy, right, Becky?
  • YKYOW you're walking down the cereal aisle at Dominick's and snicker when you finally see the Special K Bliss bars. Then you wonder which flavor Andy would be: strawberry, raspberry or orange?

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 2 2008, 04:56 PM)
    It's okay, I'm in New England- we, too, have had that much snow or more consistently since the beginning of December. biggrin.gif

and have you seen the AOL interview where Damian tells that story about how when his grandparents immigrated to the US, their name was Kulas? and how it got changed?

I thought I read somewhere on here about that. Hmmm, small world huh?

QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 3 2008, 07:53 AM)
    YKYOW you get stupidly excited when you're watching a TV show and notice that the man who's giving a tour of his house has the word 'Bliss' painted in silver on his wall.

I mean, that's practically a poster of Andy, right, Becky?

Practically yes!
  • YKYOW...your brother's birthday gifts for you come in today, and all three of them are OK Go-related, haha. It felt sort of embarassing, but I was sooo glad to see them! I had to try to keep a straight face while I opened them in front of my mom to keep the fangirl from bursting out of me.
  • ykyow...

within two minutes of the thread about the MI show being posted, you have your partner in crime on the phone, and tickets purchased.

True story, folks.
  • ykyow...

1. you wish you lived in MI.... haha (I mean it, no matter what you say now, I want to go to a concert, why can't I live in the US and see them?)

2. your friend tells you you're practically internet/ google- related to Tim, haha. Google Tim Nordwind and then on 6th result (lastfm) there's my name wink.gif (I'm top listener)
  • Every time someone says "ok" you secretly hope they also say "go."
  • YKYOW you get stupidly excited because some medical equipment at your work has the serial number: O7K05G5O
  • omg wow. that can't be just a coincidence. biggrin.gif