In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

edited November -1 in OK Go
I've decided we need a thread like this. So I'll start it.

YKYOW (you know you're obsessed when)...

you take to haunting the second page of the vh1 top 20 forums and bumping all Ok Go threads as soon as they fall from the first page. someone should come join me, its fun!

add your own YKYOW's, and keep the list going as long as possible.

Comments

• YKYOW...

...you have driven an distance that lasted longer than 6 hours, (one way) just to see a 45 min set.

...you actually cry when something new comes out.

...you dedicate at least 3 hours daily to something related to ok go (listening to music, commenting on the boards, hanging in the JC, reading the blog, etc.).
  • YKYOW...

...you quote lines from their videos ("Breathe; not breathing can cause you to die")
    ...you've memorized The Dance
    ...you can picture the entire dance in your head (w/ or w/o the song playing)
    ...the majority of the top ten songs in your itunes most played are by OK Go
    ...you doodle the OK Go logo on all your notes
    ...you eagerly anticipate the new blog/podcast
  • YKYOW...

...you have come to the realization that in order to be happy, you'll have to marry someone that loves OK Go as much as you.

...you realize that the above realization has limited you to only the people on the boards.
  • YKYOW...

...you feel guilty for not coming to the boards for a while.
    ...you feel infinitely proud that Ok Go is ruling the aforementioned vh1 boards, due to your over-obsessive work.
    ...you grin manically all day long just because you've finally seen a certain JC Penney commercial.
  • YKYOW...

...you make tribute music videos. See Karleigh and Penelope.
  • YKYOW

.....you think lowly of people who dont know who OK Go is.
    .....your dreams are of OK Go.
    .....you plan what your gonna say to them when (or if) you meet them.
    .....you yell when you see anything that resembles OK Go attire at the store. (Ive gotten a few stares ;-.-)
  • QUOTE (DidiKiwi @ Aug 4 2006, 08:05 PM)
    YKYOW

.....your dreams are of OK Go.
    .....you plan what your gonna say to them when (or if) you meet them.

Wow, you're reading my personal biography.
  • YKYOW:

....Milosh and Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore are just as well-known to you as the rest of the boys.
    ....You've been able to notice the changes in Damian's hair over the various years/videos
    ....When someone you meet mentions OK Go first, you go into fan mode ("YOU KNOW THEM TOO?!")
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 4 2006, 05:29 PM)
    YKYOW...

...you have driven an distance that lasted longer than 6 hours, (one way) just to see a 45 min set.

i've done that 3 times. lol

***you can figure out what ok go song is less than 3 notes.
    it happened to me today. some girl, who was humming dwyw in class today and i was like omg who is humming dwyw!! she just looked at me all weird, i guess she had just watched the jc penny commerical. *shrugs*

***you know almost every line to all the truth in videos.
    -A P.O. needs a dollar amount!
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Aug 5 2006, 03:13 AM)
    ***you know almost every line to all the truth in videos.
    -A P.O. needs a dollar amount!

HAHAHAHAHA YES.

Sad clown at a birthday party.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 4 2006, 10:24 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHA YES.

Sad clown at a birthday party.

yes!!
    oh boy, your mouth is rich with dental history! isn't it??
  • ...the way I give it to you freaky... **cringe** I have never thought Tim was creepier than when he said that statement.

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 4 2006, 09:57 PM)
    YKYOW:

....When someone you meet mentions OK Go first, you go into fan mode ("YOU KNOW THEM TOO?!")

OMG, YES!

YKYOW...

...you start hyperventilating when you know you'll be seeing them in a week.

...you think people are dumb if they don't like them.
  • YKYOW

....you start singing an OK Go song, while the radio is playing a totally different song.
    ....you go crazy after finding new pictures of them in concert or anywhere else.

and I feel like contributing to the whole truth thingy....
    "ah bro....he's prolly just on Spring Break..."
  • I hate to be the one that tells you, but you robot is just a pile of junk.

YKYOW...

...you've noticed that you become easily board with your friends because they don't like OK Go and it leaves you very little to talk about.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 04:41 AM)
    I hate to be the one that tells you, but you robot is just a pile of junk.

YKYOW...

...you've noticed that you become easily board with your friends because they don't like OK Go and it leaves you very little to talk about.

I totally want a t-shirt that says that "I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your robot is a pile of junk!" That one made me laugh hardest of all. After my hub and I watched all those truth in musics we started saying that phrase to each other at random times and it cracks us up each time. Of course, it is priceless to actually SING it. Karleigh, I think you and I think alike. But really, I should go to bed. It's late and we are going caving in the morning. And therefore I will never watch the movie "Descent."

Oops, I guess I messed up the thread.

YKYOW....
    You bake a giant cookie for the band and painstakingly frost it with their logo and haul it around at a show just so you can give it to them...and then feel like a complete dork when you do. But then you flip out when you get an email from DK thanking you for it.
  • You know, I do have a whole set of screen printing inks. I'm sure I could whip up a couple shirts, it's a hobby of mine. However, it will be difficult to find a stencil of a robot...

You can't go caving tomorrow! You'll miss VH1's Top 20 Countdown!!! Noooo!

I never thought of putting my email on any of the gifts I've given, I shall do that next time...

YKYOW

...your grades have dropped since you discovered the band.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 06:00 AM)
    You know, I do have a whole set of screen printing inks. I'm sure I could whip up a couple shirts, it's a hobby of mine. However, it will be difficult to find a stencil of a robot...

You can't go caving tomorrow! You'll miss VH1's Top 20 Countdown!!! Noooo!

I never thought of putting my email on any of the gifts I've given, I shall do that next time...

YKYOW

...your grades have dropped since you discovered the band.

Yeah I have a friend who screens stuff too (he's actually the drummer in MC)..and I thought about getting him to do one or two.
    I didn't put the email on the gift, but I sent an email afterwards asking if they liked it...that's how I got my response. It almost got buried in my junkmail folder because hotmail didn't recognize the address, but in the end I found it. sigh.
  • I've got a good one.

YKYOW...

....you and two of your good friends nickname yourselves "The Holy Trinity of OK Go Fandom" and run around MySpace getting Milosh to comment on your profile.

unsure.gif
  • YKYOW...

...you see a reference to the Hansons in today's paper and immediately think of the ongoing discussion on this board about them.

...you completely agree with every single thing someone has posted in this thread so far.

...you decide to start a thread titled "You know you're obsessed when..."
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 5 2006, 02:54 PM)
    I've got a good one.

YKYOW...

....you and two of your good friends nickname yourselves "The Holy Trinity of OK Go Fandom" and run around MySpace getting Milosh to comment on your profile.
    unsure.gif

I think it shoul be changed to "gallavanting around," it sounds more fun.