In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 7 2006, 10:27 AM)
    It's going to be in Price Center (the area in front of the bookstore) the Friday before Finals week. They haven't announced the openers yet, but the concert starts around 7ish, I think. And it's free for anyone with a UCSD id.

If I don't have a student ID, can I still get in?
  • YKYOW you feel an almost motherly-pride kind of pride, when people tells you "I saw one of the videos of that band of yours", referring to ok og...

(no one knows who they are around here and the people who knows them knows them because I force them into listening to ok go all the time..)
  • QUOTE (greeneye @ Nov 7 2006, 08:39 PM)
    YKYOW you feel an almost motherly-pride kind of pride, when people tells you "I saw one of the videos of that band of yours", referring to ok og...

(no one knows who they are around here and the people who knows them knows them because I force them into listening to ok go all the time..)

Me too!! I understand that feeling sooo well. Today a friend of mine told me "hey dude you now that band you were talking about the other day (I talk about them like 24/7) I listened to their music and they're pretty cool". And then I just grew up 5 inches and said "really?????I have to send you every song of them!".

YKYOW you're listening to another types of music and you think "this is not as good as ok go" and you change the CD to one of ok go's.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 6 2006, 09:06 AM)
    YKYOW....
    ...you're scouring the Boards for the thread entitled "Damian's Pubes?".

blink.gif

QUOTE (CuriousSymptoms @ Nov 7 2006, 11:08 AM)
    You've gotten everyone around you using "OKGo-tastic."
    People who want to get to know you talk about "Get Over It" all the time.
    You find it hard to be best friends with a non-fan.

QUOTE (greeneye @ Nov 7 2006, 06:39 PM)
    YKYOW you feel an almost motherly-pride kind of pride, when people tells you "I saw one of the videos of that band of yours", referring to ok og...

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 7 2006, 06:56 PM)
    Me too!! I understand that feeling sooo well. Today a friend of mine told me "hey dude you now that band you were talking about the other day (I talk about them like 24/7) I listened to their music and they're pretty cool". And then I just grew up 5 inches and said "really?????I have to send you every song of them!".

YKYOW you're listening to another types of music and you think "this is not as good as ok go" and you change the CD to one of ok go's.

It's like looking myself in the mirror!

YKYOW when you realize that you can't stop coming to this forum and read everything and write in every topic possible.
  • YKYOW...

...you spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about Damian's hair. I mean, in the C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips video, he's barely even cute with short hair. (Clothing also deducts points) But now, six years later, he is distractingly gorgeous with the long, wavy, bedhead hair. He's like a modern-day Samson!!
  • hee... I think he's just as cute with short hair as with long.
    the long hair looks too unwashed too often for it to be that attractive to me.
    (not that he's not attractive now or that he's best with very short hair, but I do like him with slightly shorter hair than it is now, definitely.)

and the clothes in the vid are kinda distracting, but that was on purpose, haha.

YKYOW...

... every single time you hear that goddamn add on FNX for "free show w/ Ok Go! win tickets through fnx!" you droop a little, and everyone around you watches you to see if you'll be okay. (no joke. even my dad commented on it in the car the other day, haha.)

... the highlight of oyur day is seeing the dancing treadmill logo as a real ad on Fuse. twas amazing!
  • YKYOW you're in the train with your friends at 6am in your way to the campus and you don't have a mp3 player and you really miss ok go's music (because the last time you've heard it was like 5 minutes ago) and you NEED to start hum a music or sing it or else something explodes.

I'm going nuts...I want my mp3 player back...
  • QUOTE (ZzLeigh @ Nov 7 2006, 10:31 AM)
    If I don't have a student ID, can I still get in?
    yeah, most likely...and if not, it'll prolly be really cheap anyway. when nada surf came to campus a couple of weeks ago, tickets for non-students were $5 or something awesome like that.
  • YKYOW...

you see an article in the Globe about the resurgence of ELO fandom... and you automatically scan the article for a mention of Ok Go's awesome covering skills, and when there's no mention you decide its not worthwhile to read it.

one of the songs on the fall drama show's soundtrack is "Jesse's Girl" and you think of an article you read once, a long time ago, that compared Rick Springfield and Damian, because Ok Go was covering the song at their live shows at that time.
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 11 2006, 05:35 AM)
    yeah, most likely...and if not, it'll prolly be really cheap anyway. when nada surf came to campus a couple of weeks ago, tickets for non-students were $5 or something awesome like that.

You rule. Thanks for the info! laugh.gif
  • YNYOW

You brag to random strangers at concerts that, yeah, you've met OK Go bunches of times, and that you're going to 2 shows free because you have connections.
  • YKYOW:

You get a tattoo.

• that tatoo is sooo amazing!! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 13 2006, 04:04 AM)
    YKYOW:

You get a tattoo.

Sooooo cute!!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 13 2006, 12:04 AM)
    YKYOW:

You get a tattoo.

LOL

Is that some of that "tattoo bullshit"???
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Aug 10 2006, 08:25 PM)
    Ok I got one.
    YKYOW...

Whenever you go to a music/book/ electronic store and there are cd's, you immediatly go to the "O" section of the cd's, find OK Go (either album), and put it to the very front to bring emphisis to it. Then right afterwards you pick up the cd, look very interested, and look over to the nearest person (even if you don't know them) and say, "Wow OK Go, eh? I have heard they are good. You should give them a listen." And walk away hoping you have converted someone. Or at least I do that. Lol tongue.gif

I don't do the talking to them, but I always move OK Go to the front, and if they have the little shelf above the section where cds can go I always put one copy of OK Go up there in place of whatever was up there before.

...you've pointed out to friends when you were the most recent person to post on all three JC boards

...you've been a last.fm member for ten days and yet somehow OK Go has been played 221 times and no other band has been played more than one

...you've read enough people's blogs about OK Go concerts to know exactly what Damian's going to say/do at the concert

...your biggest disappointment was the fact that you showed OK Go's Federal Truth in Music Project to one of your friends and he didn't like it
  • YKYOW:

You have to leave for class in three minutes. You have everything packed up, your shoes on, keys in pocket. You think: "Now what can I do in three minutes?"

*pops in AMW and starts dancing*

YKYOW:

You listen to OK Go while walking back from class. You get into your dorm, turn off your CD player...and immediately turn on your iTunes to the exact spot you left off in the song.

You ALSO know you are obsessed when:

You have the least amount of money you've ever had in your entire working life. Bills are overdue, your car is on "E," and you can't leave your room for anything that would cost you the least bit of money, but regardless, you STILL manage to order the OK Go DVD (so what if you had to eat peanut butter for a week??).

Not that I did that..... rolleyes.gif
  • ^i love that almost as much as i love your signature...
  • YKYOW:

You decide to show up to work with an OK Go shirt saying:

"Sorry, Boss, my work shirt wasn't clean."

When in all truth it was, you just wanted to share your OK Go Fandom with all the customers.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 20 2006, 02:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=85382
    YKYOW:
    You decide to show up to work with an OK Go shirt saying:
    "Sorry, Boss, my work shirt wasn't clean."
    When in all truth it was, you just wanted to share your OK Go Fandom with all the customers.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif