In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW

Anyone you know says anything about "they" or "them" you automatically think they're talking about OK Go.
  • YKYOW...
    ...you're forced to write a Narrative Essay for your US Studies class and you decide that your thesis should be a quote from an OK Go song (and somehow even after your thesis and ending lines are from a song she's never heard, your teacher is impressed)
    ...You attempt to explain how all of OK Go's songs somehow relate to the revolutionary war so your teacher will play them during class (I failed, but hey, at least I tried)
  • ... you make a video of stills and short movies you put together on a trip and when you tell your friend you made it for that "the songs don't really fit with the mood of the stills much... but they're good songs so it's okay" she goes "haha definitely, ok go is always okay" without you ever telling her that you chose OK Go songs.
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Dec 3 2006, 01:54 PM)
    YKYOW...
    ...you're forced to write a Narrative Essay for your US Studies class and you decide that your thesis should be a quote from an OK Go song (and somehow even after your thesis and ending lines are from a song she's never heard, your teacher is impressed)

laugh.gif
    what were the lyrics you used?
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Dec 3 2006, 02:31 PM)
    laugh.gif
    what were the lyrics you used?

"Lunacy is everything I need" my favourite line from my favourite song!
  • YKYOW
    ...When you're doing your Musical Ethnography project for a World Music class on OK Go.
  • YKYOW:

Your teacher asks who Terpsichore is and you're the only one in the class that knows because you remember Trish talking about it in the behind the scenes video for the VMAs.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 29 2006, 05:18 AM)
    and... when you sneakily suggest to your parents a trip to northhampton to visit the colleges out there, when you're in reality planning in advance for the next time Ok Go plays Noho. (if there is a next time... darn them, getting so popular.) (if Ok Go doesn't play Noho, then Tally Hall might... they did recently... so I'll be good anywho.)

OT time!

WHAT COLLEGES ARE YOU LOOKING AT OUT THERE???

I mean, there's only five of them, haha.

I'd pretty much die of happiness if they hit up NoHo again next year, but I fear those days might be over. sad.gif Maybe the Calvin? Who knows. Anyway, regardless of whether or not OK Go gets back, a lot of really great artists are going through NoHo all the time, so yeah, definitely always something going on. smile.gif

*misses NoHo*
  • I walk by the Pontiac Garage stage in Times Square just about every morning and I always hope that somehow I can use mental energy to make the band to show up again like they did for New Year's last year and in that "Invincible" college football commercial. The other morning while I was looking at that stage again, I actually did see OK Go up there ohmy.gif -- except it was in the form of a video on the giant monitor. Turns out Pontiac is giving an unsigned band the opportunity to perform this New Year's in Times Square and they used last year's OK Go pictures as part of the ad:

http://www.countdownto1.com/splash.asp
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 4 2006, 06:59 PM)
    YKYOW...

...you make tribute music videos. See Karleigh and Penelope.

That's not neccessarily true. Lots of people make tributes.

Also, I'm not on these boards because I'm really obsessed with Ok Go, although I'm definitely getting there, it's just that you have to have a certain bizzare mindset to love songs like "Hello my Treacherous Friends" and this is where these people are. tongue.gif

YKYOW...

...you sing "The Fix Is In" literally all day.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm not obsessed, I don't even know the band member names.
  • YKYOW

- Your parents don't even ask you who you're talking about when you mention "them,' "they," "him" or anything of that sort
    - You claim your fishes new name is Tim, and when your mom asks why, your dad responds, "Because it's a name of an OK Go member, duh!"
    - Your family makes comments like, "the only good things that come out your mouth about OK Go and Angela!" or, "She's too strong to die, you want to know why? If she died, she could never see OK Go perform again."
  • I'm too tired to read through everybody's stuff, but,

I don't even like other bands anymore. I can't stand hearing any non-OKGO music. It's been a month and a half, and all I listen to are the two cds...

but YKYOW

you seriously plan a trip to Utah for an OKGO concert. Or, even worse, Ohio.

Disclaimer: I mean no offense if you guys like Utah or Ohio.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 14 2006, 01:42 AM)
    YKYOW

- Your parents don't even ask you who you're talking about when you mention "them,' "they," "him" or anything of that sort
    - You claim your fishes new name is Tim, and when your mom asks why, your dad responds, "Because it's a name of an OK Go member, duh!"
    - Your family makes comments like, "the only good things that come out your mouth about OK Go and Angela!" or, "She's too strong to die, you want to know why? If she died, she could never see OK Go perform again."

Haha, those are pretty bad, but they're funny, at least, and not just... really, really, sad, like most of these.
  • YKYOW

-you include OK Go in your prayers at night and in the morning
    -you hide from your OK Go posters in your bedroom when you're getting dressed because they might be looking and see you naked

I don't know if similar ideas were posted already but that's all I can come up with right now. bleh X_X
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 14 2006, 12:26 AM)
    you seriously plan a trip to Utah for an OKGO concert. Or, even worse, Ohio.

UTAH 07!
  • YKYOW...
    the sight of a fake reindeer cracks you up.

Ah, there are too many good posts in this thread to quote them all here.

I have to say that being on these boards -- especially this thread! -- is a little like interacting with myself from 17 years ago.

Someone said you know you're obsessed when nearly everything you experience reminds you of the band in some way...I can confirm that that's a real phenomenon. At some point you know and remember so much about them that you can connect almost anything to them. It's a fun place to be. smile.gif

This is a fun thread. Thanks for starting it, phantommilk!
  • This one isn't as great as others but...

YKYOW

On your way home, the assjack in front of you decides to drive painfully slow thus earning him the name "assjack". But when you get closer, you notice the license plate reads "Rusty 11," and the thought of A-Ross makes you all smiley and fuzzy inside - so suddenly the previously dubbed "assjack" car is alright in your book.

OK Go, the cure for holiday-time induced road rage.
  • YKYOW.
    You start cracking up in math class because one of the problems includes the word "use." And you cannot explain why because no one will understand. But you keep laughing until you die.
  • YKYOW

..you named your clarinet Andy, named your guitar hero "guitar" Damian, and named your friends violin Dan, and waiting for a new intrument to named tim.. =)

..well... when your friends and family says you're obsessed.
  • when your parents don't raise ONE objection to your going to an Ok Go concert.

seriously, any other band, my parents would be like, "Oh, I don't know, its a school night, you need someone to go with, blah blah blah"

I told my dad through email that Ok GO was playing with Snow Patrol in March, and my parents woke me up the next day with, "Do you need to buy the tickets right away?"
    damn... I still don't have tickets to that...oops. so much for floor seats.