In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 7 2006, 10:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68421
    Haha, are there OKGo fanfics? Because that's what those names make me think of. If so, where are they?! wink.gif

HAHA, none that I know of......we just like to find "incriminating" pictures and squee about them......biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 8 2006, 01:12 PM)
    YKYOW...

...when you desperately want to bring a computer camping w/ just so you can watch the new vid, and vote for it, and post about it, and...

On a similar note...

YKYOW...

...your internet is down and you have no idea what to do with yourself, and all you do is simply wonder what's going on at the boards.
  • Ok I got one.

YKYOW...

Whenever you go to a music/book/ electronic store and there are cd's, you immediatly go to the "O" section of the cd's, find OK Go (either album), and put it to the very front to bring emphisis to it. Then right afterwards you pick up the cd, look very interested, and look over to the nearest person (even if you don't know them) and say, "Wow OK Go, eh? I have heard they are good. You should give them a listen." And walk away hoping you have converted someone. Or at least I do that. Lol tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Aug 10 2006, 11:25 PM)
    Ok I got one.
    YKYOW...

Whenever you go to a music/book/ electronic store and there are cd's, you immediatly go to the "O" section of the cd's, find OK Go (either album), and put it to the very front to bring emphisis to it. Then right afterwards you pick up the cd, look very interested, and look over to the nearest person (even if you don't know them) and say, "Wow OK Go, eh? I have heard they are good. You should give them a listen." And walk away hoping you have converted someone. Or at least I do that. Lol tongue.gif

That's such a good idea! I shall do that now.
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Aug 10 2006, 11:25 PM)
    Ok I got one.
    YKYOW...

biggrin.gif I do the pulling-them-to-the-front thing too!! But I've never actually said anything to anyone ... Nifty marketing idea, if you can do it without making people see "This message paid for by OK Go" hover over your head. laugh.gif
  • YKYOW...

...you complete lyrics in your head. Example: Today, I was in the backyard, and the guy next door said, "Just one more minute, just one more minute!" to his kids, and I immediately thought, "I'm almost in it?"
  • YKYOW

....you start seeing OK Go members in your friends (this guy I know sooo looks like andy...but no one believes me....maybe it's just hopeful thinking biggrin.gif )
    ....you start making OK Go clay sculptures in the car
    ....you exercise to OK Go, just so you can gloat about it later..(ex. "I lost 15 to 20lbs while listening to OK Go...THANK YOU OK GO")
    ....you spend all your time making OK Go icons...<3
  • QUOTE (DidiKiwi @ Aug 11 2006, 09:42 PM)
    YKYOW

....you spend all your time making OK Go icons...<3

That's soooooooooooooooo me. I was crying when I thought my computer had crashed because that meant I'd lost my entire music library, all of my pictures, and- yes, this is true- all the OK Go icons I'd worked so hard on. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 11 2006, 08:21 PM)
    YKYOW...

...you complete lyrics in your head. Example: Today, I was in the backyard, and the guy next door said, "Just one more minute, just one more minute!" to his kids, and I immediately thought, "I'm almost in it?"

lol biggrin.gif
    I jump a little whenever I see someone say "seemed like a good idea at the time" in a book or something.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 8 2006, 01:21 PM)
    Hahahahahahaha.....you're so awesome, Sheri. biggrin.gif
    Haha, aw shucks. biggrin.gif
    It was funny.

YKYOW

*your husband calls you on his way home from work and says he heard a JC Penney commercial on the radio w/OK Go in it (yeah, they're apparently on the radio, too!) and it made him miss you.

LOL
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 12 2006, 06:24 AM)
    Haha, aw shucks. biggrin.gif
    It was funny.

YKYOW

*your husband calls you on his way home from work and says he heard a JC Penney commercial on the radio w/OK Go in it (yeah, they're apparently on the radio, too!) and it made him miss you.

LOL

awww! That's absolutely adorable. biggrin.gif
  • YKYOW...

... your mom starts compiling a list of possible colleges based on where your favorite bands went to school, and you immediately tell her to add Brown to the list because Damian went there.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 18 2006, 01:32 PM)
    YKYOW...

... your mom starts compiling a list of possible colleges based on where your favorite bands went to school, and you immediately tell her to add Brown to the list because Damian went there.

Don't forget Columbia! I think Rusty went there.....
  • ooo... you're right!

I knew that at one point. but then I forgot.

thanks!
  • YKYOW:
    - you are watching tvo and only watch the JC Penny commercials cause it has ok go songs on it.

-you hardly know anything about the band but read the boards cause you have nothing better to do than learn about the best band in the world.

-you have become an instant celebrity because you know The Dance and people ask for signatures and autographs, but you still say its not us its ok go with every mention of how awesome it was.

- you have begun to search for ways you are related to ok go(I have found 3 ways I am connected to my old favorite band The AQUABATS you should check them out, they are very different but still amazing)

-you have an outfit you call your ok go outfit and people wonder why you wear it to school and you say, cause fridays are ok go fridays!

-you hope one day of meeting these men that inspire you to do crazy wacky things and present to them a video of all the crazy wacky things you did because they inspired you to.
  • QUOTE (punkwhitechocolate @ Aug 19 2006, 07:32 PM)
    -you have an outfit you call your ok go outfit and people wonder why you wear it to school and you say, cause fridays are ok go fridays!

O.O I think I might start doing that when school starts up again....That would be an interesting conversation starter......

YKYOW

~ You practically pull someone you know to the computer...Just so you can have someone to enjoy OK Go with....

~ You give weird looks when someone messes up an OK Go lyric.

~ Even after hundreds of views, the Ping Pong instructional video still makes you laugh
  • QUOTE (punkwhitechocolate @ Aug 19 2006, 08:32 PM)
    YKYOW:
    -you hardly know anything about the band but read the boards cause you have nothing better to do than learn about the best band in the world.

Haha, well, this place is one of the best places to find out info, honestly. The JC just doesn't tell you anything.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 20 2006, 07:57 PM)
    Haha, well, this place is one of the best places to find out info, honestly. The JC just doesn't tell you anything.

I barely go to the JC anymore...I just check once and a while.... and I submit random icons that I work on....
    *gasp* ....I oughtta post there
  • ykyow

when someone starts crying and you think,
    "you know that look right before you cry"

when you want to go past wheat feilds and water towers.

when you threaten to rip out someones vagina/penis if the say something bad about okgo.
  • YKYOW:

-One of OK Go's song happens to be played at school and you FREAK OUT. EXAMPLE: Channel 1 played Do What You Want to introduce their show, and I jumped out of my desk and yelled "THAT'S OK GO!!!!! GAAH!" and sat back down, happy as can be. Thankfully that was during yearbook, so I couldn't get yelled at. smile.gif

-You start to think of art projects that have OK Go incorporated in it some how (I did it with Franz Ferdinand).