In this Discussion

ITUNES sales = VMA's helped

Comments

• ah. okay.

no worries then. just so long as we have wild turkeys, we have enough retarded birds to go around.

especially when they sit on people's cars.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 11:29 AM)
    ah. okay.

no worries then. just so long as we have wild turkeys, we have enough retarded birds to go around.

especially when they sit on people's cars.

My favourite retarded bird is the Emu.

It can't fly.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 08:38 PM)
    screen cap it in all its glory and then create a bird and name it after them. An OK Go bird.

There's only one reason that I can think of that would make this a bad idea.

For Christmas, my sister gave me this EcoSphere thing that has 4 little shrimp (real ones, not Sea Monkeys) swimming around. You don't ever need to feed them or clean their tank, they're basically fool proof, which is why she got them for me: I had a fish and I killed it within a week.

So, I named the 4 shrimp (drum roll, please) Damian, Andy, Dan, and Tim, and they were awesome. They survived the 2 day drive back to Florida, then back to Texas, and then back to Florida again. During the summer, Andy died (I figured it was Andy because he never fit in and he was the runt), but apparently it's normal for one of them to die way before all the others, so I wasn't too broken up about it.

But just recently on the drive back to school (8 months after I got them), I kind of forgot to take them out of my cup holder and left them in my really hot car for about a week...and...I...kind of...MURDERED OK GO.

The moral of the story? Having pets named after OK Go is bad luck.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 2 2006, 11:35 AM)
    There's only one reason that I can think of that would make this a bad idea.

For Christmas, my sister gave me this EcoSphere thing that has 4 little shrimp (real ones, not Sea Monkeys) swimming around. You don't ever need to feed them or clean their tank, they're basically fool proof, which is why she got them for me: I had a fish and I killed it within a week.

So, I named the 4 shrimp (drum roll, please) Damian, Andy, Dan, and Tim, and they were awesome. They survived the 2 day drive back to Florida, then back to Texas, and then back to Florida again. During the summer, Andy died (I figured it was Andy because he never fit in and he was the runt), but apparently it's normal for one of them to die way before all the others, so I wasn't too broken up about it.

But just recently on the drive back to school (8 months after I got them), I kind of forgot to take them out of my cup holder and left them in my really hot car for about a week...and...I...kind of...MURDERED OK GO.
    The moral of the story? Having pets named after OK Go is bad luck.

But it won't be a pet! It will be a breed. Instead of it being coloured it'll be patterened.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 09:32 PM)
    My favourite retarded bird is the Emu.

It can't fly.

neither can penguins, or chickens (not really, I mean. they flutter a bit and come back down) and the turkeys shouldn't be able to, so its pretty amazing that they do get up in trees sometimes. and on top of people's cars.

but i do have to say, the Emu is definitely the best out of those. we just don't have emus here in Massachusetts. so the turkeys will have to suffice.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 09:38 PM)
    But it won't be a pet! It will be a breed. Instead of it being coloured it'll be patterened.

But it will be domesticated, which makes it a pet. I miss OK Go, too bad they died.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 11:39 AM)
    neither can penguins, or chickens (not really, I mean. they flutter a bit and come back down) and the turkeys shouldn't be able to, so its pretty amazing that they do get up in trees sometimes. and on top of people's cars.

but i do have to say, the Emu is definitely the best out of those. we just don't have emus here in Massachusetts. so the turkeys will have to suffice.

The Emu is rocking. Maybe I should make a special verson of Emus just for you to keep in Massachusetts.
  • that would probably be the greatest thing to ever happen to massachusetts since the patriots won the superbowl and the red sox won the world series in the same year. wink.gif

although in my opinion it would be better than that.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 11:45 AM)
    that would probably be the greatest thing to ever happen to massachusetts since the patriots won the superbowl and the red sox won the world series in the same year. wink.gif

Well, in that case, I'll get right on it.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 02:45 AM)
    that would probably be the greatest thing to ever happen to massachusetts since the patriots won the superbowl and the red sox won the world series in the same year. wink.gif

what about my beloved bruins ever repeating past glories?
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Sep 1 2006, 09:46 PM)
    what about my beloved bruins ever repeating past glories?

*coughnotpossiblecough*

erm... I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe that new, really tall guy they got will help, but I dunno much about hockey.
    the Celtics have been on the rocks too, lately. but my beloved Revs are still doing decent, so I'm okay.
  • I came in here possibly wanting to put my opinion in for the OK Go 'Here It Goes Again' thing.. but now, should I? It seems like it'll stick out like a sore thumb amongst the chickens & emus & dead OK Go shrimp.. gah, I wish I wasn't a newbie.

Ew.

n00bs.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 1 2006, 09:51 PM)
    I came in here possibly wanting to put my opinion in for the OK Go 'Here It Goes Again' thing.. but now, should I? It seems like it'll stick out like a sore thumb amongst the chickens & emus & dead OK Go shrimp.. gah, I wish I wasn't a newbie.
    Ew.

n00bs.

haha! its okay, really.

anything on topic is appreciated.

just don't get mad at us if we ignore the comment in favor of emus and chickens and dead shrimp.

that doesn't happen often, though. generally we talk about everything, and we could always go back on topic if we wanted to, so it really doesn't matter.
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 2 2006, 02:51 AM)
    I came in here possibly wanting to put my opinion in for the OK Go 'Here It Goes Again' thing.. but now, should I? It seems like it'll stick out like a sore thumb amongst the chickens & emus & dead OK Go shrimp.. gah, I wish I wasn't a newbie.
    Ew.

n00bs.

theres other threads on the matter, which you could delve into to post veiws

or you could spew them all over the place like everyone else does..

just join in how ever you wish! its everyones boards
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 1 2006, 06:53 PM)
    haha! its okay, really.

anything on topic is appreciated.

just don't get mad at us if we ignore the comment in favor of emus and chickens and dead shrimp.

that doesn't happen often, though. generally we talk about everything, and we could always go back on topic if we wanted to, so it really doesn't matter.

Ahh, okay. That makes me feel a bit better. happy.gif

I don't mind, I would totally like to talk about emus & chickens & dead shrimp. I mean, how can you resist the urge? Unless you're God on here, because he/she looks like he/she can do anything. AKA I wish I was God. Poo.

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.. I'm totally fitting in.
  • It's now the number 5 album and number 39 song.
  • holy shit maybe it really will reach number one!

jesus!

(no offense to anyone for the swearing, its just.... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif )
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 2 2006, 11:58 AM)
    It's now the number 5 album and number 39 song.

I wonder if my iTunes store is different since I'm in a different country, 'cause I ain't seeing HIGA in the Top 100. Although Oh No was number 70-something earlier ... IDK. I'm assuming our store is different 'cause there are lots of Shite Australian artists in the top 100 that I know would never be bought in America 'cause ... they're Shite.
  • I think so, God.

plus, these sales are being boosted by the VMA performance, which hasn't been seen in Australia.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 12:31 PM)
    I think so, God.

plus, these sales are being boosted by the VMA performance, which hasn't been seen in Australia.

True that. ALTHOUGH, Oh No WAS in the Top 100 which doesn't make sense when you consider that THE CD HASN'T BEEN RELEASED IN AUSTRALIA AND HAS TO BE IMPORTED FROM OVERSEAS.

... Stupid world. Why does it toy with me so. I'm so angry, I might go smite Kevin Federline.