In this Discussion

Hatin' on our boys

167891012»

Comments

• QUOTE (tiredofkim @ Apr 19 2007, 07:31 PM)
    When she made the comment about being on the same side, she wasn't meaning it in a her and OK Go vs you and Hinder way, she meant it in a, why can't we respect each other enough as fellow boardies to not bash each other about meaningless things. Unlike you, she wasn't saying anything bad about anyone here. If you don't like the thread don't read it.

What she said.

I'm not even like riled up! Even though I'm using an exclamation point that would make me sound like I am! smile.gif

Listen, alright, well, I guess then that people STILL DO CARE about this. IE me. You have your answer to your question.

Why are we hindering the love for OK Go process anyway? This argument has hindered the development of friendship with everyone. I don't want to hinder you from studying, Tonetoile, so, let's just bury this. Like Hinder's career.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 19 2007, 10:34 PM)
    Edit: Whoa, President of the United Boards of OK Go! That's an exciting level!

Do you suppose that's because of 1600 posts? As in 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 19 2007, 09:37 PM)
    Why are we hindering the love for OK Go process anyway? This argument has hindered the development of friendship with everyone. I don't want to hinder you from studying, Tonetoile, so, let's just bury this. Like Hinder's career.

L

O

L

!!

QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 19 2007, 09:38 PM)

Oooh, a peek into the scintillatingly clever mind of Mr. J0rge Just!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 19 2007, 10:40 PM)
    Oooh, a peek into the scintillatingly clever mind of Mr. J0rge Just!

*wink* Takes one to know one. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 19 2007, 07:38 PM)

You have figured J0rge out! Give her a prize J0rge!
  • Hey, Suzanne - I was just thinking, did you ever get that PM I sent with the links to my polaroids and stuff?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 19 2007, 10:44 PM)
    Hey, Suzanne - I was just thinking, did you ever get that PM I sent with the links to my polaroids and stuff?

I did! Thank you. Did I never respond? I'll do that soon.
  • Haha, don't worry about it, I just thought maybe the board messed up and you thought I was ignoring you or something. laugh.gif
  • I honestly do not think I was being berating. Yes, I said that it was an unecessary topic to bring back, but it really was not a personal attack. It was just as berating to sarcastically comment back in a way that would prompt a response.

But, sorry if I came off as harsh (well, I know that I came off as harsh, and for that, I apologize). None of my comments were meant as a personal attack.
  • I'm sorry for the sarcastic replies. It's my defense mechanism. I'm from a rough neighborhood mellow.gif

I just don't think "hahahahahahahahhhhahaa" can be perceived as "I find that you are bringing an unnecessary thread back."

Gah. I'm sorry about that too.

I just honestly felt that you guys were trying to make me look like a fool. And that's why I came back with harsh responses, to show that I'm not scared of you guys.

lol. This feels like an elementary school recess.

But! It's not. And we're all adults here (I just turned 18 smile.gifsmile.gif but I know that that doesn't always constitute maturity. Which is what I'm totally not showing here. Blah) so, I'm sorry for bringing back an controversial and unnecessary thread. I swear, it was because I just saw the myspace group and joined and was amused! So I put in a reply to say I did. I really didn't want to start all this shit, lol.

I know we're not as mean as we sound in here. I bet you're really nice. It feels weird, to have a feeling of less than pure love towards someone who obviously loves the loves of my life. I think transitive property works somehow here.

Blarg! Sorry, I analyze way too much. With everything. I just want to know the reason behind everything. And I wanted to know why I felt hurt and embarrassed when I read your first replies.

Life is already complicated enough without trying to understand human nature through a band's online forum, haha!

Sigh. Just in case you guys were wondering... I am maybe, very slightly, extremely slightly, under the influence of a certain narcotic that has been related to tomorrow's date.

Also, I'm just trying to avoid doing my bajillion projects due tomorrow. And it's already 11pm. Sigh. Okay, this was my little rant. Feel free to ignore, lol.

Okay, time to get back to environmental studies. Yeah, dude, guys. We will completely fish out the ocean by 2048. That means that all the natural fish in the ENTIRE OCEAN WILL BE GONE. Think about THAT when you're eating your fish fillet at McDs @_@
  • Oh poop, I forgot about my "hahahaha" remark.

That was mean. I'm sorry. You're nice and I shouldn't have just been a bitch because I could.

Happy 4/20 biggrin.gif
  • This thread reminds me, a couple of weeks ago I was listening to the radio, poised to switch stations as soon as Lips of an Angel started, when to my amazement they announced it was an official "Hinder Free Day", apparently some people *cough-okgofans-cough* had been complaining laugh.gif

very cool
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 5 2007, 01:23 AM)
    This thread reminds me, a couple of weeks ago I was listening to the radio, poised to switch stations as soon as Lips of an Angel started, when to my amazement they announced it was an official "Hinder Free Day", apparently some people *cough-okgofans-cough* had been complaining laugh.gif

very cool

haha that's great!
  • not to bring this up again- ok, I am, lol- but it's just that I always thought one of the Hinder guys had made 1 comment as an isolated event. And I thought that event was the one recorded in that tech guy's blog. So forgive me, but I just wanna express my um, shock, to find this:

Interview in the Rolling Stones:

You seem to really have your biggest following in the middle of the country. Is that something you'd agree with?
    Austin Winkler: I would definitely agree as far as NY and LA with some of that artsy *beep* like OK GO, bands like that. I think they're a bunch of fairies. I mean, they got on MTV , the VMA awards and they got on there and danced like a broadway show. That's not *beep* rock 'n roll, that's not rock 'n roll at all.

We get what you mean about OK Go and some of the bands that really are popular on the coasts, but what do you think it is about you guys that appeals to people?
    AW: We have good songs, I would say. Their songs suck, I mean what the *beep* They sold 4,000 albums a week and then that treadmill fairy *beep* comes on the *beep* TV and they only sold 4,000 more records a week because the song sucks.

Do you guys know them? You seem to have a real specific fixation with them, have you met them or anything?
    Cody Hanson: No, it's just seeing their *beep* stupid-ass faces on the T.V. all the time, it pisses me the *beep* off.

Are there any other bands that you look at and are like why are they famous, besides them?
    CH: I'll tell you, the worst band of all time in my book is Thursday.
    AW: I thought he had a good voice, dude, what are you talking about.
    CH: That dude has got to be the worst singer I have ever heard in my entire *beep* life, man. He is terrible.

Keeping tabs on OK Go's post-VMA record sales ... so rock 'n roll.
    ---------------------------------
    Here's the link to that interview:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/003

thx to Boplock on youtube for that.

Sorry, I know you guys don't wanna talk about this- I'm just really, really shocked at how mean Hinder is. I had no idea they were so crude! Just wanted to get that out of my system. Hope you don't mind- I'm just, like, in awe right now.
  • That's how it all started, though. The blog was quoting the Rolling Stone interview.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 6 2007, 01:50 PM)
    That's how it all started, though. The blog was quoting the Rolling Stone interview.

Oh! I had no idea. Whoah...
  • I think this was already shown in this thread somewhere... but yeah. That was a pretty long time ago, though, and seriously, Hinder isn't worth it. This whole incident isn't worth it. Even though some of us got pretty defensive at the time, I think we realized that eventually.

I'm glad that the boys realized it right off the bat, though. If they had responded somehow, then it would've gotten ugly pretty quickly. But they were smart enough not to care and they weren't dragged down to that level. Seeing how Ok Go ignored the whole thing makes me respect them that much more.... and it makes me lose respect for celebrities who get into catfights about this stuff.

If we want to bash Hinder for the sake of bashing Hinder, though, because I really do dislike them, then I say we should start another thread in the general forum, and let this incident die.
    Actually, that's a really good idea.