In this Discussion

Hatin' on our boys

edited November -1 in OK Go
Apparently some dude in some crappy band doesn't like OK Go:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/003347.html#comments

I couldn't help but think of this blog post from Rusty (remember when he blogged?):

http://thewilltorock.blogspot.com/2005/10/...ng-trouble.html

discuss.

Comments

• lolz. that hinder band lost all of its street cred the moment i read that they were touring with nickelback.
  • haha and when I couldn't read anything more that that guy said cause it was all curse words and terrible english. He's just jealous that Ok Go is famous, while we don't have a fuckin clue who his band is.
  • i think this band is pissed cause people and i mean popular music is actually paying attention to ok go. i know i'm mean but music that they play was popular like 3-5 years ago. besides hinder and nickleback and that band blue october all sound the same to me. don't worry the music cycle will change in a year or two music they play will be popular again.
    i'm so glad i don't watch mtv and listen to the radio. pffftt people telling me what i should listen to, ha!

i don't think they consider texas middle america, but all they on the radio is hard rock and this type of music
  • They're idiots for wasting valuable time bitching about other bands instead of promoting their own. It just makes them look like bitter little bitches.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Sep 11 2006, 09:30 PM)
    i think this band is pissed cause people and i mean popular music is actually paying attention to ok go. i know i'm mean but music that they play was popular like 3-5 years ago. besides hinder and nickleback and that band blue october all sound the same to me. don't worry the music cycle will change in a year or two music they play will be popular again.

hey! take that back! blue october is good! please don't compare them to nickelback.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 11 2006, 09:41 PM)
    hey! take that back! blue october is good! please don't compare them to nickelback.

ok i will take it back. i'm sorry. i shouldn't compare them to nickelback. i really shouldn't compare anyone to nickelback. please forgive me

but honestly the guys from hinder are just pissed cause their music isn't getting the atttention. i mean they have to wait their turn, just like everyone else to get their music acknowledge. i mean come ok go just didn't pop up over nite.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Sep 11 2006, 10:37 PM)
    ok i will take it back. i'm sorry. i shouldn't compare them to nickelback. i really shouldn't compare anyone to nickelback. please forgive me

but honestly the guys from hinder are just pissed cause their music isn't getting the atttention. i mean they have to wait their turn, just like everyone else to get their music acknowledge. i mean come ok go just didn't pop up over nite.

Well said. Thank you.
  • I don't know why, but these hinder fellows sound like the type of guys to think that scene is "hardXcore." OK Go is rock n' roll. It took them forever to get any attention, while this band Hinder really just came out and now they're on VH1, just like OK Go.

I say screw 'em.

Wait wait, I also think it's funny that the song their known for is called "Lips of an Angel," and they're calling OK Go fairies. Pshaw.
  • I'm not really upset, but I'm really wowed by their lack of a sense of humor. I mean, it's not like Ok Go did the treadmill dance and now they refer to their music as their art and stand with their noses upturned.

That took an unecessarily long time to write because I was hypnotized by your signature, hellolover86.

Edit: Actually they could be like that I have no idea.
  • QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Sep 12 2006, 12:25 AM)
    I'm not really upset, but I'm really wowed by their lack of a sense of humor. I mean, it's not like Ok Go did the treadmill dance and now they refer to their music as their art and stand with their noses upturned.

That took an unecessarily long time to write because I was hypnotized by your signature, hellolover86.

Yeah, I'm not really upset, it's just totally lame of them.

Call me Karleigh. smile.gif
  • Best part was the opening:

Rolling Stone talks to Hinder, some band we've never even fucking heard of. Apparently, they're on tour with Nickelback and Hoobastank.

Haha.

Hinder just needs to get over it.......OMG I saw we all friend their MySpace, and slap pics of the GOI button on their comments.......buahaha......
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 12 2006, 01:50 AM)
    Best part was the opening:

Rolling Stone talks to Hinder, some band we've never even fucking heard of. Apparently, they're on tour with Nickelback and Hoobastank.

Haha.
    Hinder just needs to get over it.......OMG I saw we all friend their MySpace, and slap pics of the GOI button on their comments.......buahaha......

I was already thinking that, but it could get REALLY ugly.
  • Haaha I love how people being rude to our boys gets us all protective hehehe biggrin.gif
    Also, the comments from other people pissed me off more than the interview, I mean SERIOUSLY WTF?!? Since when could you class OK Go as EMO?! EMO!!! Are you taking the PISS??? LOL.
  • this is not the first or the last time OKGo will be slated this guy jsut seems to have a certian lack of style doing

it....makes me laugh really coz he is so pathetic. If u are going to critisise something at least research it first not

just watch the VMA's and come up with an opinion. His reason for hating OK Go is that they tour??? what the

hell? He says they tour redneck ville?? The Uk?? is he having a jibe....little idiot.
  • stereogum= my favourite music blog.

Hinder= crappiest song ever, in life

I thought Hinder sucked even before I knew of thier Ok Go bashing. They play thier lame ass song lots here in Canada land.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Sep 12 2006, 02:42 PM)
    AWESOME!

i am not sure what Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore is saying awesome to here, please let me know oh wise one
  • Er, probably that some shitty band who makes music for thirteen-year-old girls to cry to is desperately trying to pick a fight with four guys in dandysuits who can sell CDs.

It reminds me of that time The Bravery and The Killers were practically throwing their eyeliner pencils at each other..

Well, except that OK Go is too busy playing for people who don't listen to Nickleback..
  • Hey guys, here's the link to the Rolling Stone interview with Hinder:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...lict-escalates/

People are disgracing OK Go in the "comments" section. Go defend our boys.

NO MORE HATIN'!!!
  • I already did when I read it the first time....