In this Discussion

OK Go will have a new DVD out

edited November -1 in OK Go
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....6116&EDATE=

OK Go Releases Oh No Special Package With Band's First-Ever DVD on November 7th

Comments

• How reliable is this information? (for me not to get too excited and then it just doesn't happen)
  • i think the information is valid (though, obviously, that's just my own opinion).

this is going to sound horrible, but as awesome as a dvd sounds (and being able to see the chic-a-go-go performance in high quality), i'm not sure that i'm going to be compelled to buy it. i have the majority of the videos already...and let's face it...no matter how big a fan i might be, i'm a cash-strapped college student first and foremost.

it's awesome for the guys though...and i'm really glad that they're getting so successful.
  • YYYEEEESSSSSSSS
  • AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
  • WHOA, this is weird. I just made a DVD called OK Go Dance Revolution for school, and it includes all of the listed attributes of this DVD, except mine has pictures or practice. I should so be selling mine.
  • Huh. About time.

Actually, this doesn't surprise me, they totally had a videographer with them in Paris.

But yeah, I agree with e517oa- I probably will buy it, but really.....I've 90% of that already.
  • Even though I too am a broke college student...

I'm going to cash in all of my pennies and scrounge (sp?) in the dumpsters behind my dorm for tin cans to buy this DvD.

Can't wait!! biggrin.gif
  • The same thing is posted on the Capitol street team site, so I think it's reliable.

I'm going to buy it even though I've seen all of it.
  • i've only bought one artist dvd in my life, and that was because it came with the cd so i doubt i'll be buying this but hopefully a lot of people will and ok go will make lots of money and be happy.
  • this looks amazing, and i shall buy myself a copy for my USA dvd player
  • I am pretty excited about the DVD.

But something else that caught my attention: they've covered "Father Christmas"?????

AWESOME!!!!

"Father Christmas, gimme some money ..."

biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
  • I'm really surprised no one's commenting on the "There's a Fire" thing.
  • I was going to...and then Karleigh said how she already had all of the stuff, which made me all worried that I'd missed something..
  • Perhaps she overlooked it ... because I think it's new (as in new to us--I haven't a clue when it was made).

I totally expected everyone to be freaking over the prospect of a "There's a Fire" video. I am! Having read this about the video game people (?) though, I hope there's a good amount of actual real people music-video-ness in it.

Btw, the Truth in Music vids on it are Tim's dentistry, a P.O. needs a dollar amount, and Dan's pile of junk robot.

Confession: a buyer in A/V where I work brought the ad for it from one of his catalogs over to me a couple weeks ago. I spazzed out. It lists what's on it. I emailed Pete & J orge to see if they had any big plans for the revealing of the news or if I could obnoxiously leak the news on the board, and Pete wrote back saying he wasn't sure, but he would say no obnoxious leak. So I didn't. Hee. I feel all fancy. lol Yeah, someone punch me in the head ...

I was spazzing out all over the place when I saw "There's a Fire" listed under Videos. It didn't describe it at all, though, so this video game stuff is news to me.

I'm a little disappointed that it sounds like the "making of the treadmill video" stuff is that video that was on mtv.com, though. The wording in the ad made it sound like it would be the blooper-reel type thing from the making of the actual video (as opposed to MTV Awards practice) that we've all been coveting and hope exists ...

Which I must say, if it ever happens, MUST be set to "It's a Disaster." Here's why:
    * "Crash and burn, crash and burn, crash and burn"
    * "Jump off the ship before the shit just runs aground"
    * The whole chorus
    * "Heads or tails"
    * "You're dumb enough to break the mold; are you smart enough to fail?"
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 20 2006, 09:50 PM)
    I'm really surprised no one's commenting on the "There's a Fire" thing.

Umm yeah, I just noticed that. WTF? How do we not know about this?????

Am I the only one that's bummed that all of this really hard to find stuff is going to be readily available now? I mean, gah, I kind of liked knowing and seeing things that no one else had. Maybe I'm just a snob-fan.

Oh yeah, and the making of the treadmill stuff I've seen, but I don't have a copy of anymore. Chelle had to give it to Trish and Damian I think like a few months back, and she didn't have it anymore last time I checked. Now I know why. It would have been helpful to use in my project, but the pictures worked just as well. Also, Pen rocks.
  • i rember reading awile ago that some students got okgo to (okgo got the students) to make a video for one of there songs

which im guessing is the "theres a fire" vid
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Oct 21 2006, 12:25 PM)
    i rember reading awile ago that some students got okgo to (okgo got the students) to make a video for one of there songs

That's what I was thinking last night when I was falling asleep. I'm surprised it was never leaked, though.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 21 2006, 12:51 AM)
    Umm yeah, I just noticed that. WTF? How do we not know about this?????

Am I the only one that's bummed that all of this really hard to find stuff is going to be readily available now? I mean, gah, I kind of liked knowing and seeing things that no one else had. Maybe I'm just a snob-fan.

Oh yeah, and the making of the treadmill stuff I've seen, but I don't have a copy of anymore. Chelle had to give it to Trish and Damian I think like a few months back, and she didn't have it anymore last time I checked. Now I know why. It would have been helpful to use in my project, but the pictures worked just as well. Also, Pen rocks.

So the stuff on here is probably really from the making of the video???

*****does back flips*****

What stuff is hard to find? huh.gif

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Oct 21 2006, 11:25 AM)
    i rember reading awile ago that some students got okgo to (okgo got the students) to make a video for one of there songs
    For some reason I was thinking that was the "Do What You Want" "band video" (the one on the Juggling Club). But that one looks like another Brian Perkins video, now that I think about it.
    Wait, no--didn't the little piece of news way back when about the students doing a video say it was being made in a national or state park? That is the DWYW video then.
  • Whoops, nope, none of the above.

Thursday, March 10, 2005
    Chapter Fourteen: Film School
    Today we shot some footage for a video a couple of Colorado Film School students are making. Apparently, they had been making a music video for "Shortly Before The End" for a few months and wanted us to be a part of it. Basically, we're holding up the words to the song on cue cards as the lyrics are sung. But the real potential lies in the fact that we're standing in front of a blue screen. Hopefully they'll put us floating in space or standing in front of Mount Rushmore. A boy can dream at least.

See you tomorrow in Omaha!

Love,

The Rooster
    http://thewilltorock.blogspot.com/2005/03/...ilm-school.html