In this Discussion

OK Go DVD/CD

edited November -1 in OK Go
So I bought the OK Go DVD/CD today, and I must say, the packaging concept of this item became somehow, and somewhat, equally amazing as everything that is present on the dvd. If anyone has bought the cd/dvd, you may notice that the front, back, and pamphlet inside are pictures of, presumably, the boys holding up the original cd. For those of you who haven't seen it, I must say, it is something to behold. It has somehow succeeded in capturing all of my attention and has such an amazing appeal to its creative style that I think I spent more time examining the pamphlet, front, back, etc. than my actual watching of the dvd. It is, actually, so clever to me that I think I've succeeded in knowing whose fingers (of the boys) is holding up whichever part of the pamphlet, etc. I don't know if this is just me, but does anyone else find themselves examining the case to make SURE that the person holding up that part of the pamphlet on the actual cd is in fact Damian, or Tim, etc.? Eh, I thought it'd be interesting to hear your all's thoughts.

Actual comments on the dvd and its existence: For all you die-hard OK Go fans, if you've been thoroughly introduced and affiliated with all of OK Go's craft (I won't describe exactly what so as to not spoil it for all who haven't heard of its components) then, I wouldn't suggest buying it. That is, if you are saving up money for some other OK Go item, (Oo.. A fine example, those 'Afinetooth' ties and buttons? I bought meself one, I'm pretty durned excited), then I don't think your purchasing of this dvd will in any way boost some OK Go pride and knowledge within yourself. But, like I said, there are some things worth laying your eyes on. I don't want to be the reason for anyone NOT buying the cd/dvd. If anything else, I bought it to support the guys.. so.. so should you!!?

Anyways, sorry for the essay, I'm not good at being concise or to the point.

By the by, yes, I am a 'newb', so be nice. But, in my own defense, I've been a fan for long enough to be aware of all that is OK Go. I also, take great pride in being a fan of the music before the videos, it seems impossible amongst the vast population that are now OK Go fans. Anywho's, happy OK Go'in.

-lena

Comments

• I cannot wait to get it!It will be the perfect thing for me! Thanks for the info and opinions on it!
  • Oh, I love the packagine too! It's sooo cool! I've got the purple wrapping (removed w/o any tears, I might add :-D ) carfully attached to my door, and in my art class right now I'm painting that pic of Damian holding the cell phone. My teacher gave me this funny look and tried to talk me out of it because "there's so much brown in it!" but of course she doens't understand the greatness of OK Go.
    I also went through the pages and tried to decifer which hands belonged to whom, and I think I've got them down. I know for sure which ones are Tim's. And I figured for the most part that each guy was holding up the picture of themselves, though I could be wrong. But each one of those is different, pretty much, and then from there I was able to match.
    I assume that's Damian on the front. And I can't wait to get my A Fine ooth tie because the colors and pattern seem to match up fairly well with that one... hmmmmmm
  • I'm waiting until Christmas for my dvd... Since I'm so very poor. It's something to look forward to, though! [waits somewhat patiently]
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 24 2006, 11:16 PM)
    Oh, I love the packagine too! It's sooo cool! I've got the purple wrapping (removed w/o any tears, I might add :-D ) carfully attached to my door

I did the same thing happy.gif my sister thinks I'm a wee bit crazy. But I tell her that OK Go crazyness blink.gif doesn't count as regular crazy wacko.gif so I'm just being a normal fan rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Nov 25 2006, 12:13 AM)
    I did the same thing happy.gif my sister thinks I'm a wee bit crazy. But I tell her that OK Go crazyness blink.gif doesn't count as regular crazy wacko.gif so I'm just being a normal fan rolleyes.gif

Well, if OK Go crazy counted as regular crazy, then I'm pretty sure we would all be in mental institutions.

I carefully removed the purple cover like I did with the regular black one. It took me about 5 minutes because I didn't want to break or rip it, but I got freaked out for a second when I was pulling it out because I saw the fingers and I thought to myself, "Wait a minute, those aren't mine!"
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 25 2006, 03:10 AM)
    Well, if OK Go crazy counted as regular crazy, then I'm pretty sure we would all be in mental institutions.

I carefully removed the purple cover like I did with the regular black one. It took me about 5 minutes because I didn't want to break or rip it, but I got freaked out for a second when I was pulling it out because I saw the fingers and I thought to myself, "Wait a minute, those aren't mine!"

Exactly how I felt when I uncovered its greatness as well. Teehee.

Anyways, I think I've deciphered who is holding up which page, phone (in one case), etc. too. I figured Damian, (as stated earlier), is in fact on the front. Each respected individual is holding up his own page. I think that if in fact Dan is holding up his page then he is holding up the picture of the back of the pamphlet aswell, because the suit is exactly the same. Damian, ofcourse is holding up the cellphone, (notice the wedding band), and I believe Andy is holding up the back of the cd on the back of the cd/dvd (@.@). Anyways, I believe Tim is holding up the credits (simply because I noticed that 'one' finger has the same white mark as the one on Tim's) And in some other pictures you can tell it's the same person because of the suit.

Ahaha. I've memorized the order very well. >.<

And I agree, I'm an OK Go pyschopath and I belong in a place that will confine me for it.
  • I agree with all those hands completely. We know Andy is his pic and the back cuz of the suit. With all the others I was looking at their nails to compare them with the other hands
  • I loveee the wrapping too! I was sad that I ripped the purple plastic because I had been debating whether or not it was supposed to stay on but then I realized I would not be able to get to the DVD if I didn't open it.
    So clever with the hands holding the CD booklet thing.
  • He's..married..?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 25 2006, 10:57 PM)
    He's..married..?

Who's married? Damian is the only one married. Dan is pretty much married, and calls his fiance his wife, but they aren't officially married yet.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 26 2006, 03:12 AM)
    Who's married? Damian is the only one married. Dan is pretty much married, and calls his fiance his wife, but they aren't officially married yet.

Um, yeahh, I know that. terren edited her post, it used to say "What's with the wedding ring? He's also worn it at shows." so I was like, "Why else would he wear a wedding ring?"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 26 2006, 09:20 AM)
    Um, yeahh, I know that. terren edited her post, it used to say "What's with the wedding ring? He's also worn it at shows." so I was like, "Why else would he wear a wedding ring?"
    laugh.gif

It took me four stores, but I finally found it in a Best Buy three cities away from me. Man that was a fun night...
    and I think I enjoyed watching it a lot more than I would if I would have found it at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is dead to me by the way. Whatever aspiration I had to become a Wal-Mart greeter has been completely washed away with their lack of OK Go products.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 28 2006, 09:48 PM)
    It took me four stores, but I finally found it in a Best Buy three cities away from me. Man that was a fun night...
    and I think I enjoyed watching it a lot more than I would if I would have found it at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is dead to me by the way. Whatever aspiration I had to become a Wal-Mart greeter has been completely washed away with their lack of OK Go products.

Mhm. I tried Wal-Mart myself, seeing as to how through various television adds and random by-standers in the street tell you that it, indeed, has everything. But alas, they seem to disregard OK Go as an item amongst the other useless crap that is 'everything'. Which is good, I guess, why should OK Go merchandise be sold in a place that stocks useless things anyway? It would only be suggesting the same thing f0r their own.

Setting aside the undoubted statement that OK Go is not appreciated amongst Wal-Mart faculty, I don't like it there anyways... An incident I had awhile back consisted of me standing 'too close to the eggs', according to the senile grandpa guarding its shelving. Wal-Mart is associated with old grumpy gramps and extremely poor music taste...

Where was I going with this? Erm... Yes, Best Buy has the dvd.. eh.. buy it, it rocks.

By the by, does anyone have a favorite 'exclusive moment' present on the dvd? I found it utterly entertaining and priceless watching the random people off the street attempt the treadmill dance, it's just so durned amusing.
  • QUOTE (EcstaticGrandmas?! @ Nov 29 2006, 06:17 PM)
    Mhm. I tried Wal-Mart myself, seeing as to how through various television adds and random by-standers in the street tell you that it, indeed, has everything. But alas, they seem to disregard OK Go as an item amongst the other useless crap that is 'everything'. Which is good, I guess, why should OK Go merchandise be sold in a place that stocks useless things anyway? It would only be suggesting the same thing f0r their own.

Setting aside the undoubted statement that OK Go is not appreciated amongst Wal-Mart faculty, I don't like it there anyways... An incident I had awhile back consisted of me standing 'too close to the eggs', according to the senile grandpa guarding its shelving. Wal-Mart is associated with old grumpy gramps and extremely poor music taste...

Where was I going with this? Erm... Yes, Best Buy has the dvd.. eh.. buy it, it rocks.

By the by, does anyone have a favorite 'exclusive moment' present on the dvd? I found it utterly entertaining and priceless watching the random people off the street attempt the treadmill dance, it's just so durned amusing.

I agree. The part where that girl ate it on the treadmill. When we met Dan we asked if she was OK and he said not to feel bad because it was ha-lar-i-ous. Other than that I find it very handy at parties and other social events, especially when people are like, "who is OK Go?" I reply, "Why let me show you!" BAM! I bust out my copy and pop it into the good ole' DVD player. I find that it helps me connect with people on a whole different level.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 29 2006, 06:42 PM)
    I agree. The part where that girl ate it on the treadmill. When we met Dan we asked if she was OK and he said not to feel bad because it was ha-lar-i-ous. Other than that I find it very handy at parties and other social events, especially when people are like, "who is OK Go?" I reply, "Why let me show you!" BAM! I bust out my copy and pop it into the good ole' DVD player. I find that it helps me connect with people on a whole different level.

That makes me think of my friend's birthday party because I had turned her into an OK Go fan and she put OK Go on and people were asking about the music and I had to explain to everyone about the awesomeness that is OK Go and we kept going to my Myspace to show everyone the videos. It was more of an OK Go listening party than a birthday party.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 29 2006, 08:42 PM)

Mm. When I meet someone who hasn't heard of OK Go I do 3 things:

Firstly, I give them a good 'ole lecture on the originality and creativity that exists amongst the members of OK Go and their craft. This, also comes with the complimentary scream of, "WTF?! You haven't heard of OK Go!!?" Eh.. It usually comes down to me having to explain that they are the 'treadmill people'.. which annoys me infinitely...

Secondly, if I haven't gotten a coherent response from my new 'projectees' (as I like to call them- they are merely OK Go fans in progress) I whip out a CD which is almost always with me and pop it into the nearest CD player.. plug it in.. than 'whooosh'.. its a revelation in music wonders to them.

Thirdly, and lastly, I refer them to this site, thank them for their time, and tell them to go buy as many cds as their little hearts could possibly desire for more. =)

It's so heartwarming to walk away seeing the most clueless looks on their faces. I'm not very good at spreading the word.

And as far as the lady jumping off the treadmill and tumbling, I have to say, I felt sorry for a millisecond. Then, I erupt into a frenzy of fits of laughter.. and pointing.. But, I must admit, in all fairness, if I was on that treadmill I would probably suck more arss than most of the innocents that did it in a stroke of bravery and stupidity. Nay, if I was asked to come along and perform it there for them I would politely decline and ask someone else to do it for me.. Only to preserve what little confidence I have in myself already. =/ Anywho's.. I still favor the medley of treadmill noises that begins with Andy's foot experimenting with the screech of the treadmills. I delight in seeing everyone join in.

In my personal opinion, I think they should put a song like that on a CD.. Just a suggestion.. *shrug*
  • I also love the shoe-on-treadmill song. Very lovely. It's so funny the way Damian comes running up super fast to jump on that treadmill. It's like "Oh! Must get there before Tim!"
    My favorite part though of that whole treadmill thing is Damian sitting at that piano. "Tim. Hey, Tim! *bang bang bang*" the look on his face... lol!
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 30 2006, 01:32 AM)
    My favorite part though of that whole treadmill thing is Damian sitting at that piano. "Tim. Hey, Tim! *bang bang bang*" the look on his face... lol!

hahahaha! LOVE that part. It's kinda like us during concerts.

"Damian! DAMIAN!!! HEY!"

So THAT'S how they learned to ignore the little teenyboppers...*hehe*

Actually, they are actually very nice about making eye contact and gestures whenever someone shouts at them. So nice. biggrin.gif
  • Oh, I know. I mean, I didn't really yell at them... I'm generally a very quiet person. My inner beast lets out at concerts and I transform into my alternate personality, but I still am not bold enough to yell to the performers while they are singing. Maybe between songs next time. But I did make eye contact with Tim a few times while he was scanning the crowd. So I'd smile super big and kinda wave. He smiled back a few times biggrin.gif For the next concert I'll be sure to have something to yell to Damian and hopefully start him off on an interesting speach about something random. That will be fun.
    I realized that I got that quote backwards though... It goes "hey Tim. Tim" rather than the "Tim. Hey, Tim" that I put up there *smacks forhead*