In this Discussion

Virgin Mobile celebrity auction

Comments

• Panic's reindeer ended at $143.42. About 4 more dollars than Oliver and there's still 3 more days until the auction ends, so we'll definitely beat them.
  • With only 11 hours left Oliver's current bid is:

GBP 71.00
    (Approximately US $138.15)

The highest bidder is stephanie44811

Will she take Oliver home?
    Will Oliver's higgest bid beat Panic's reindeer?
    And more importantly, will I be getting this reindeer as a christmas present from the winner?

Tune in to find out!!
  • I nearly died cuz I got on just out of curiosity to see if anything had gone on with Oliver through the night and I saw there were more bids, so I went to check out who all had been battling it out and the page that came up said-
    !!! This auction has already ended!!!
    and I started freaking out a little bit. But, no, he's there still (whew!). They've just changed it so you can't see who is bidding any more, which I think is kinda... interesting...
  • As if we don't have enough competition on the auction:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...6/19/c8871.html

Leading the pack in the race to become the "most famous reindeer" are Panic! At the Disco and OKGO, with bidding now over $130 each. And if volume speaks louder than dollars, then it's Panic! At the Disco who's furthest ahead, with 26 bids on their reindeer, followed closely by OKGO with 22 bids and Billy Talent with 19 bids.

So if I bid in $1 increments, I can increase the number of bids Oliver has.
  • ohmy.gif ........

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it... Crazyfrogg and I got him! ACK!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I wonder how long it takes to send... wink.gif
  • wait..........what do you mean "crazyfrog and I"?

did you actually win him?
    omg: $311.33!!!!!!!!!!!! Oliver is totally the most popular reindeer.
  • Crazyfrogg is my friend. We put in together. We shall share him.

Yes, he is by far the most popular reindeer! I hope he can keep that title, though I know he wont have any problem because OK Go are the best EVER.
  • Ooh, congratulations! You got adorable Oliver! I wanted to bid on him so much, but there is simply no room for him in my apartment, so I wasn't even going to start down that road.
  • I CAN'T BELIEVE WE WON HIM!!! I am in shock. and no words can describe how I feel right now. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Oliver is going to be well taken care of happy.gif
    Plus we're gonna take him to the next show we go to so oliver can say hi. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Dec 19 2006, 09:29 PM)
    Oliver is going to be well taken care of happy.gif
    Plus we're gonna take him to the next show we go to so oliver can say hi. laugh.gif

OMG YES! That is brilliant! I can't wait to hear what happens when they meet Oliver again!
  • We figure that with Oliver and a tie, we'll actually get to meet them this time. They seem to be trying to say hey to people with ties now, so one can only hope that they'd want to meet the person that bought Oliver. We want to get pictures of each of them with Oliver smile.gif

So, how many bids did Panic's end up going for? Is that the 26 bids shown above, or was it something else? Cuz if that was the ending bid, we beat them by 2 biggrin.gif
  • NICE! Congratulations on not being cheap - especially for OK Go. If I had the funds...
    I know you'll meet everyone this time around. Enjoy your Oliver time :]
  • Hurray! I'm glad some fellow boardies were the lucky winners. That's awesome! Congradulations! Take pics of Oliver in his new home. Write down whatever harrowing tales he tells about his long trip to you. wink.gif
  • Congratulations to you guys! How lucky that you got Oliver! smile.gif
  • o wow!! congratulations for winning oliver you guys!! you should take pictures of little oliver and show us how he's doing.. haha

that'll be crazy if you actually take oliver to a show!
  • Congratulations you guys! I'm glad to know that Oliver will have a good home. You two should take lots of pictures and post them. You should ride him and tackle him or just be nice to him since he had to deal with Tim and Damian doing that to him.
  • I'll take plenty of pics once he shows up. With any luck, by then the camera will be working by then (my computer isn't reading the memory card dry.gif ), and I hope it's before Christmas. Then Emily and I get to calmly decide who gets to take him home first. I don't want to tackle him in fear of popping him. But he'll get much attention. I'll be sure to get close ups of all his writing.
  • Yeah, we're going to be taking sooo many pictures. And I want to dress him up and take him everywhere. happy.gif

man, my parents were PISSED when they found out how much we have to pay for him. Apparently, my mom thought that this was something that would be $50, not over $300. Oh well. I'm still excited to get him.
  • Sounds like Oliver's going to a good home. Two good homes.

QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 20 2006, 03:54 PM)
    I'll take plenty of pics once he shows up. With any luck, by then the camera will be working by then (my computer isn't reading the memory card dry.gif ), and I hope it's before Christmas. Then Emily and I get to calmly decide who gets to take him home first. I don't want to tackle him in fear of popping him. But he'll get much attention. I'll be sure to get close ups of all his writing.

That'll be nice! Thanks!

QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Dec 20 2006, 05:54 PM)
    Yeah, we're going to be taking sooo many pictures. And I want to dress him up and take him everywhere. happy.gif

man, my parents were PISSED when they found out how much we have to pay for him. Apparently, my mom thought that this was something that would be $50, not over $300. Oh well. I'm still excited to get him.

Oh, you are in so much trouble. laugh.gif That's awesome. smile.gif (EDIT: I don't mean it's awesome that you're in trouble! I mean it's awesome that you didn't tell your parents how much you were spending...)

Congratulations, both of you.