In this Discussion

Helpline for Harry fans

Comments

• QUOTE (mmmary @ Mar 23 2007, 11:45 PM)
    but the Daniel Radcliffe and Equus thing seriously scarred me for life. 'curiosity killed the cat'...the cat being me with google imaging. I don't even want to think about it anymore.

Ugh. I did the same thing. I think that image is burned in my mind. huh.gif
    Here this should help (now that's one fine behind):
    Sorry for getting off topic, I just had to. mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 25 2007, 11:09 PM)
    Sorry for getting off topic, I just had to. mellow.gif

oh, don't worry about it, the distraction was very well welcomed.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 24 2007, 10:11 PM)
    ^^ Yes, yes! Mixtape, post those pics! I'd love to see them.

Voilà!

image image
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 2 2007, 09:29 PM)
    Voilà!

image image

So adorable!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 3 2007, 02:29 AM)
    Voilà!

image image

these are cute pictures!
  • Thanks homies!
  • in-freakin-tense!

he looks like hes motioning "Score!"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 2 2007, 07:14 AM)
    "This could be a similar moment to when (pop band) Take That split up - there could be a lot of upset teenagers out there,'' Debbie Williams, a buyer for the book chain Waterstone's, told Britain's The Daily Telegraph today.
    "We are looking to set up a helpline for them.''

Okay, so this is ages old, but I just noticed this. I'm sort of amused by the fact that she's relating the possibility of Harry Potter dying to Take That breaking up.

Mainly because I had NO FUCKING CLUE who Take That was until I Googled them.

(Apparently they were a Brit pop band in the early 90's, of which one Robbie Williams was a member.)

I am also amused because this lady seems to be implying that the kids back then were so upset about Take That breaking up that they should have had a hotline. Like for Harry Potter. Hmm. I'm sure they all got through it okay...

(No, seriously, Take That? Robbie Williams? Does anybody pay attention to him anymore? Like, I remember watching part of a televised Robbie Williams concert on Jan. 1st, but that was because there was nothing else on....)

(Really. Come on. If you're going to go with pop group comparisons, I think Ginger leaving the Spice Girls was a bit of a bigger deal. Imho. Mainly because I've heard of the Spice Girls. Though I didn't grow up in Britain in the 1990's, so what do I know...)
  • ^^ Oh, believe me, I barely remember it but take That splitting was a HUGE thing. I mean, girls screaming and crying and everything. I work with receptionists who still get upset about it. And four of them (minus Robbie Williams - an utter prat) recently got back together and released some songs, and for those girls who had been teenagers in love at the time, it was like heaven or something. Take That were BIG. Shit, but big.

Ginger Spice leaving was way worse for me though. Mainly because when we played "Spice Girls" (this was a playground game for us), I was always her, so I got kicked out of the game... *sigh*
    Ginger Spice leaving was way worse for me though. Mainly because when we played "Spice Girls" (this was a playground game for us), I was always her, so I got kicked out of the game... *sigh*

ouch!
    have i heard correctly that the spice girls are coming back?? the hollywood gossip man said they're recording a greatest hits thing and then touring.

I'm camping out at the shopping centre before the last HP book comes out. I'm not that obsessed i just figureed it's gonna be the last time i can do something silly like that. The plan is to steal the keys from my work and hide in the store room so security can't find us muahaha!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 15 2007, 07:23 PM)

When Spice World came out in the theaters, I went to see it with a few friends and we dressed as them. I was Ginger too. :-D I knew I liked you for a reason.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 16 2007, 03:35 AM)
    When Spice World came out in the theaters, I went to see it with a few friends and we dressed as them. I was Ginger too. :-D I knew I liked you for a reason.

I am grinning rather insanely right now smile.gif

Ginger was always the best. She had that husky voice thing going on. And red hair (ish). Which is obviously cool cool.gif
  • hahaha wasn't ginger everyones fav?
    I LOVE that you guys played spice girls as a game...
    SPICEWORLD FOR EVA
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jun 17 2007, 02:00 PM)
    hahaha wasn't ginger everyones fav?
    I LOVE that you guys played spice girls as a game...
    SPICEWORLD FOR EVA

It wasn't much of a game to be honest, though...
    One friend (sporty) kicked the air a lot;
    Another (scary) walked around "rawwr"ing at people;
    Another (baby) brought lolly pops into school to suck on and twiddle her hair;
    Another (posh) looked down her nose at everyone;
    And I went around flirting with guys. That was the unanimous decision of what my job entailed.

We were freaks.... lol
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 16 2007, 10:43 AM)
    I am grinning rather insanely right now smile.gif

Ginger was always the best. She had that husky voice thing going on. And red hair (ish). Which is obviously cool cool.gif

The embarrassing thing about this is that I was 17. You at least had the excuse of being in elementary school. I'll have to post the pic of me and my friend as Ginger and Baby. Her costume is WAY more accurate.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 17 2007, 05:26 PM)
    The embarrassing thing about this is that I was 17. You at least had the excuse of being in elementary school. I'll have to post the pic of me and my friend as Ginger and Baby. Her costume is WAY more accurate.

Eeee! I'm going to hold you to that!

I remember Take That being absolutely huge. I was confused too when I was living over there (U.K.) and saw them on the front of just about every tabloid every week. (Them and Princess Di). I'd never heard of them either but someone explained to me that they were like the Backstreet Boys were to the U.S. Then when Robbie Williams went out on his own, I didn't know what the big deal was until I heard he used to be in Take That, and then I understood why people made a big deal out of it.

I remember this conversation with a kid at some music show here in Germany:
    Us: "We saw Paul McCartney last weekend!"
    Kid: "I saw Robbie Williams!"
    Me: "Yeah. That's... the same..." rolleyes.gif

I don't think Robbie Williams is bad, though, just for the record. He's got a couple listenable songs that I know of.
  • Dude, even I remember when Take That broke up.

...I also still have the newspaper with Geri on the front page announcing she was leaving.
  • One of the Spice Girls is on a Goya commercial. It's like, "We asked one of the Spice Girls and even she can't think of anything to add!"

PS- I just saw your photos, Kay. They are so cute!! I must now google this band.
  • 1. "One of the Spice Girls"!? It was BABY. I'll forgive you, though.

2. Thank you! They are such a cute band, and possibly the nicest guys ever.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 17 2007, 08:11 PM)
    1. "One of the Spice Girls"!? It was BABY. I'll forgive you, though.

2. Thank you! They are such a cute band, and possibly the nicest guys ever.

haha, I remember the two biggest bands of my elementary school days were Spice Girls and Hanson.... fun times =)
    then there was the time in your life when you had to pick who you liked better... and I was stuck listening to Oldies 103.3 with my parents, and barely knew the music of either of them =O it was horrible. I felt like such an outsider... =P

anywho, I'm seeing HatP this summer! I think.... hopefully. I really really have to, cause last time I saw them I didn't know any of their songs, and now I do, and so I really need to see em again.