In this Discussion

OK Go Pictures and "Stuff"

Comments

• QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 12 2007, 09:55 PM)
    ooo! thanks!
    Now I'm even more confused- Sheri said it was fake in that thread, right? I'm lost.
    What an interesting tour event! This should go on Suzanne's game!

Yeah, it was at Logan Square last November. And J's right; it was lame. It didn't even enter my head when I was making the game, because it's not really OK Go-related. It was separate from the show. It was staged. They just needed to film it in front of a crowd who wasn't in on the joke, so they could get a crowd reaction.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Jul 14 2007, 12:53 AM)
    Yeah, it was at Logan Square last November. And J's right; it was lame. It didn't even enter my head when I was making the game, because it's not really OK Go-related. It was separate from the show. It was staged. They just needed to film it in front of a crowd who wasn't in on the joke, so they could get a crowd reaction.

oooooh! thanks for the explanation. That's kind of a relief though, to know that poor guy was not actually a poor, rejected guy.
  • true. and he's a much better actor than that girl.
  • Sooo last night I was at a party and these guys were playing some video game called "Burn Out..." I think? And the main menu music was DWYW! I kind of freeeeeeeeeaked out. laugh.gif
  • thx, ih7*s!
    ooo, look at Damian's hair! hehe, it's so wild in that pic- wilder than usual. Has it gotten longer?
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 18 2007, 07:16 PM)
    thx, ih7*s!
    ooo, look at Damian's hair! hehe, it's so wild in that pic- wilder than usual. Has it gotten longer?

Hmmm... I'm guessing the hair looks different because it's straight and flippy as opposed to curly. Also, that is an old picture, I'm assuming, because the blog is dated February 2007. We'll have to wait on our European/Asian/Australian friends to post pictures showing how his hair looks currently.
  • okay, I hate to admit it, but Damian in that picture made my heart skip a little =P

oooh, and I spy one specially made Ok Go scarf around Tim's neck!! I love that he's wearing it <3
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Jul 19 2007, 04:22 AM)
    Hmmm... I'm guessing the hair looks different because it's straight and flippy as opposed to curly. Also, that is an old picture, I'm assuming, because the blog is dated February 2007. We'll have to wait on our European/Asian/Australian friends to post pictures showing how his hair looks currently.

Yea. To me, it looks like he may have blown it dry, and has more pulled forward. My hair's exactly that kind of wavy-curly and the top locks will puff up but go straighter and less "piecey" if I blow it dry, while the back and sides still spring up into waves even if I try to brush it straight (I won't even try to brush it straight anymore, and it looks better if I just let it wave, and/or scrunch up the curls, anyway.)
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 12 2007, 06:18 PM)
    I mean, Weezer didn't get too upset, but they obviously weren't happy that it completely messed up the biggest song of the night. Note to The Fray, if your one-hit-wonderness allows another tour: Between songs. BETWEEN.

Yea. And while Dan did did his thing during one of their songs, that song is meant to be silly anyway (I assume) and it's inviting more silliness. The way I see it, "Don't Bring Me Down" was a particularly poor choice of songs during which to prank them. It's a highlight and a climactic point and it's not a "Let's dick around" song like that Shakira song, and it looks like they're trying to take away the cool and make them look like fools. Trying to make Don't Bring Me Down into a joke just doesn't work, and clashes with the way it's performed. I'm trying to think of an OK Go song where a practical joke might work, and I can't. So yeah, like you said: BETWEEN songs!

Tim's striptease prank was funny, but, like Dan, he was making himself into a goof, and not interfering with anybody by squirting water on them and such. The drummer even turned around and took a picture.

Then there's the danger in the slipperiness, and something tells me I wouldn't want to be holding a wet microphone. I know those things can shock you even when dry if there's something up with the grounding, and it hurts. dry.gif
  • I was searching for something TOTALLY different (and not OK Go-related), and I stumbled upon this old interview with Damian. Don't know if it's been posted, but I found it interesting:

Part 1: http://krua.uaa.alaska.edu/Sounds/ok%20go%...%20part%201.mp3
    Part 2: http://krua.uaa.alaska.edu/Sounds/ok%20go%...%20part%202.mp3
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jul 18 2007, 06:32 PM)

Wonderful picture! The Kulash's lovely green eyes look so brown. Perhaps it is really his evil twin? Tee Hee.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 19 2007, 06:33 PM)
    Wonderful picture! The Kulash's lovely green eyes look so brown. Perhaps it is really his evil twin? Tee Hee.

You cannot do that to me. The thought of there being two Damians in the world...
    Oh dear god. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 19 2007, 10:36 AM)
    You cannot do that to me. The thought of there being two Damians in the world...
    Oh dear god. wub.gif

Yeah, but the second one would be....evil and have brown eyes
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 19 2007, 01:40 PM)
    Yeah, but the second one would be....evil and have brown eyes

... I don't think she'd care wink.gif tongue.gif
  • ^^ laugh.gif Hahahah!
    Miss Phantom, you know me too well!
  • Yeah, as long as he has all his parts in the right places and in working order, it doesn't matter what color they are.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 19 2007, 01:14 PM)
    Yeah, as long as he has all his parts in the right places and in working order, it doesn't matter what color they are.

Words to live by.

tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 19 2007, 03:14 PM)
    Yeah, as long as he has all his parts in the right places and in working order, it doesn't matter what color they are.

I second that! Are his eyes really green? I thought maybe they were hazel.
  • Blue/green.