In this Discussion

OK Go/ The Fray summer tour!!

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 19 2007, 07:38 PM)
    Why so desperate for them to headline? They've headlined before, when Oh No first came out. It's actually better if they aren't headlining. It means less fans are there, so more opportunity to interact w/ the guys if you run into one of them.

cuz, well, it's the most amazing thing in the world to see them perform- I'd like it to last as long as possible, like slowly eating chocolate and letting it melt in your mouth.
    And I've only seen them perform once and a lot of ppl didn't get the chance to see them at all, especially in the Boston area where all their shows here last year were 21+.
    And I dunno, I have this unfounded feeling that it's harder to meet them when they aren't headlining, cuz they're not the focus so they could be anywhere in the big stadium full of Fray ppl.
  • Most boardies I know have met them when they were opening.
  • ooooohhhh, their coming to St. Louis!!! biggrin.gif I would love to go to a show. I've actually never had the chance to see them live. sad.gif And i kind of like the Fray too. Wow it would be awesome to go!!! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2007, 10:42 PM)
    Most boardies I know have met them when they were opening.

oh! You make me feel so much better!! ~hugs~
    Now I'll be good and stop my whining smile.gif
  • That does suck... theres like no west coast shows..... and i like mae and well, i love OK Go.. why must you not come to L.A.?!?!?
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Feb 19 2007, 11:18 PM)
    That does suck... theres like no west coast shows..... and i like mae and well, i love OK Go.. why must you not come to L.A.?!?!?

They're not coming to Los Angeles...

this sucks.

Didn't OK Go just play a few independent, non-touring shows, not to mention QUITE a few touring shows in Cali?

OK Go hasn't been to Indiana in four years, and the Cali'ians are mad because they have gone less than two months without them.

Learn to share, you selfish, greed-filled west-coasters. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Feb 19 2007, 08:42 PM)
    Didn't OK Go just play a few independent, non-touring shows, not to mention QUITE a few touring shows in Cali?

OK Go hasn't been to Indiana in four years, and the Cali'ians are mad because they have gone less than two months without them.

It's been a month for me today, and I feel like it's been two billion trillion years!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Feb 20 2007, 12:42 AM)

Exactly! The last and only time they've ever come anywhere near me, aside from Toronto (which is six hours away and I'm not old enough to get into the shows), was over a year ago. Suck it up!
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 19 2007, 06:41 PM)
    Man. I just called the ticket line for the Toronto venue and this girl that picked up was totally clueless. I was like, "I'm calling to ask about the June 22nd concert, The Fray with OK Go supporting. When are tickets going on sale?" "I don't know." "What?" "I don't have confirmation." "Oh." "Yeah." "Okay then, I'll just call back later." "yeahbye"

I wish people who work at these places would know things like that sad.gif

What do you expect? It's MONTHS from now. Don't blame it on the ticket worker who picked up the phone--she can't tell you anything until her superiors let her, and they generally don't have more detailed info on events until 2 or 3 months ahead of time.

Sorry but I work at a ticket office and I hate when people get upset with me because I haven't been told something.

I definitely don't think I'm going to spend that much money to have to sit through Mae again and to not watch the Fray (who could not be more boring).
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Feb 20 2007, 02:51 PM)
    What do you expect? It's MONTHS from now. Don't blame it on the ticket worker who picked up the phone--she can't tell you anything until her superiors let her, and they generally don't have more detailed info on events until 2 or 3 months ahead of time.

Sorry but I work at a ticket office and I hate when people get upset with me because I haven't been told something.
    I definitely don't think I'm going to spend that much money to have to sit through Mae again and to not watch the Fray (who could not be more boring).
    I'm not upset, I just wish they knew so I could be the first to get tickets. tongue.gif I understand though, it must be reaally annoying when people to get mad at you for something you can't control.
  • so today the tickets open for presale on ticketmaster for the June 23 show. presale starts at 10, but it takes me till 10:06 to get my computer to cooperate, but I was like ok, no big deal. But then ticketmaster says I have to wait in internet line for 14 minutes- oooook, maybe there are a bunch of ppl staring intently at their screen now. When my 14 minutes are up, it says section 3, row W. W!!!! I'm like, huuuuuuh? isn't this presale and you're giving me row W??
    Then it asks for a ticketmaster account, which I didn't have, so I had to create one, and by the time I did that, the thing is like, "you have exceeded the time allowed. We're giving your tickets to another customer." So I was like, "fine, those were crappy seats anyway."
    And then I try again and this time I ask for 3 seats instead of 5, hoping that will help somehow. But no, it gets worse- now they're giving me section 5, row K. Section 5 is farther back than section 3.
    So I'm really upset- The Snow Patrol March show was sold out before I had even heard about it, and now, here I am at the preeeesale for The Fray and all they're offering me is bad seats.

I didn't take the seats. A lot of ppl here have said that if you can't get front row or close to it, the show just isn't as amazing. The venue has their own presale starting Wednesday-- I'm hoping that the reason ticketmaster's bad seats were cuz the venue saves the good ones for their own presale, but that's just a hope.

Gah.
  • Ugh, all these critics are mean.
    "OK GO will make a one-off stop at Malibu, California's Pepperdine University in April and then they'll spend most of June and early July on the road with the Fray. Sorry to hear it, guys."

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news..._Go_Launch_Tour
  • I think he means, sorry to hear that they'll be touring with the Fray. With which I would have to agree. The Fray - sorry, but I just don't get the appeal.
  • well, I don't personally care about The Fray but I dunno, I just found that critic patronizing.

And besides, they're selling fast. I just went 5 minutes ago to buy tickets for the June 23 show, cuz the Tweeter Center presale opened 5 minutes ago, and all the good seats are taken. There's no way I'm going to be able to get 5 good seats, so, oh, well, I guess I'll just have to wait till Ok Go comes after they record the next album or something.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 28 2007, 04:10 PM)
    well, I don't personally care about The Fray but I dunno, I just found that critic patronizing.

That's Pitchfork for you. Get used to it.
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Feb 19 2007, 01:42 PM)
    so The Fray recently put out this information about their summer tour:
    July 1 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - St. Louis, MO

wub.gif yay!! they are going to be in st. louis. oh how i wish that i had friends that listen to the same music as me so we could go to the show. sad.gif that would be sooooo awesome to go to.
    im just curious, is anyone else going to the st. louis show?
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 19 2007, 02:29 PM)
    They're not coming to Los Angeles...sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

this sucks. i've wanted to see them for so long. its been a couple of months and i need my ok go fix! NOW!!!!

uhh yeahh where are the LA shows??
    doesn't damian live in LA?? or like his wife does so he should... and he should want to come back here and visit her and while hes at it do a couple live shows!
    haha jk but i do hope they add some west coast dates..
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 1 2007, 12:03 AM)
    uhh yeahh where are the LA shows??
    doesn't damian live in LA?? or like his wife does so he should... and he should want to come back here and visit her and while hes at it do a couple live shows!
    haha jk but i do hope they add some west coast dates..

as Mixed Tape pointed out in another thread, they already have 6 billion CA shows!